• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Another angle. Wizard Magician. You possess the key to my heart.
tumblr_p1dtfg1Kmj1vvwgg7o1_500.gif

Insane tekkers

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Yup, messi is clearly superior ;)
Still a great honour. Messi edges even most strikers in terms of output yet he isn't even a striker. The guy is a complete outlier. Anytime people mention him or Ronaldo when comparing players is always going to be a loss for whoever else they are describing.

Özil is the greatest number 10 of this generation but Messi is still the greatest player of this generation. Just like how Busquets is the greatest DM of this generation but Messi is still the greatest player of this generation. Hope that makes sense.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Still a great honour. Messi edges even most strikers in terms of output yet he isn't even a striker. The guy is a complete outlier. Anytime people mention him or Ronaldo when comparing players is always going to be a loss for whoever else they are describing.

Özil is the greatest number 10 of this generation but Messi is still the greatest player of this generation. Just like how Busquets is the greatest DM of this generation but Messi is still the greatest player of this generation. Hope that makes sense.

People who compare Messi’s trophies or goals to Ronaldo completely miss the point. He literally does the job of two players, he’s one of the best goalscorers of the past decade and simultaneously one of the best playmakers. No other football player comes close to him.

Anyway, as a pure playmaker Özil is indeed a legend, which means he’s obviously under appreciated by too many Arsenal fans, cos we’re d*cks.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
People who compare Messi’s trophies or goals to Ronaldo completely miss the point. He literally does the job of two players, he’s one of the best goalscorers of the past decade and simultaneously one of the best playmakers. No other football player comes close to him.

Anyway, as a pure playmaker Özil is indeed a legend, which means he’s obviously under appreciated by too many Arsenal fans, cos we’re d*cks.
Its just a vocal few who seem to dislike him. Like Wenger, majority of the football world and global Arsenal fans have a great love for Mesut. People appreciate him for what he is.

It's a shame he won't get to win the PL... Could hope for atleast a EL.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

My comment wasn’t a dig at Özil. There’s no shame in coming 2nd to the greatest of all time.
It was just a cheeky response to lets play’s comment who I suspect doesn’t rate Özil that much. I agree with what you’re saying though

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I don't rate him that much because he isn't actually that good but its a matter of opinion that varies from person to person so whatever.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I don't rate him that much because he isn't actually that good but its a matter of opinion that varies from person to person so whatever.
Sure he isn't better than Messi, but he is great at what he is... Which is a playmaker. I don't see what else you want to judge him on :lol:

Why is he not that good?

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Sure he isn't better than Messi, but he is great at what he is... Which is a playmaker. I don't see what else you want to judge him on :lol:

Why is he not that good?
He has great vision in the final third and nearly flawless execution of the final pass as well as a great awareness of space on the break. Great off the ball movement. But thats about it.

The best playmakers imo-Iniesta, Xavi, KDB, Silva, Messi, Kroos, Modric, Cesc-can run the game and more complete players overall. Özil is wildly flawed and inconsistent.

Its not just my opinion. Germany shunted him out wide to put Kroos in the middle during their World Cup win where he did very little. Madrid got rid of him and went on to dominate in the CL.

Even at Arsenal Wenger shifted him to the wings. And through out he performed well for majority of one season, few months and few games here and there. Even Emery doesn't trust him in the middle. He was good during his contract renewal period for a bit too.

If he was that good he wouldn't be here spending most of his prime years and constantly on the end of same debates and criticisms.

Cazorla in his time was a more influential playmaker imo. He has great stats though.

HBL

Established Member
De Bruyne needs 6 assists in 41 games to break that record of being fastest to 50 assists so I doubt that stat will be valid much longer. I love Mesut but is he really the best playmaker of a generation? Maybe 5 years ago but not since he has joined us imo.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Özil is great with the final pass, but he is severly lacking in terms of dominating matches.
You would expect someone with his talent could keep hold of the ball, but he can't handle any sort of press or he'd lose the ball. That is one of the most frustating aspects of his game.

Now, if he converted into a striker like Dennis, it'd be a different story. The higher up the pitch, his flaws are hidden. However, I don't think I'd drop Lacazette or PEA to accomplish this.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
All of these are delightful statistics to look at as an anthology but they quickly feel meaningless when you're sat in front of the tv on a Saturday begging him to do something other than moan for 90 minutes. His talent is undeniable but so too is his inconsistency in an Arsenal kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom