• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Personally I’d replace him with Joe Allen. Superior work ethic, cheap and he knows the league.
I agree with your profile but I would be looking at somebody like Danny Drinkwater. Proven premier league winner, worked great with a mobile defensive midfielder next to him and is also home grown. Worth considering imo.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
His club career hasn't been successful enough in my opinion to go into semi-retirement.
I dont think Özil is the most driven and passionate player in the world if im completely honest. He has won trophies in spain, england as well as the world cup. I think in his mind after his arsenal career he wont need to prove much more. Time will tell

Bergkamp1988

Drinkwater and Allen?

I am not sure I understand. We are looking to replace Özil, an attacking / creative midfielder.

I like both of those players but they won't be filling his position.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Mourinho Sold Mata from Chelsea To United after his best season, best passer in the league.. Mourinho's player managing skills doesn't make me think.
You said Mata had a better work ethic than Özil, but Mourinho obviously didn't agree based on the fact that he was willing to compromise with Özil in his team. This from a manager who puts a huge emphasis on the defensive side of the game.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not that I want to sell our best player, but James Rodriguez seems like the forgotten man of football. I'd accept him as a replacement.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Thanks, I will keep a closer look. I like that he said that, it's a harsh truth, but a truth none the less..I hope it helps him push himself even more, we need every player to give everything.
Agreed. He's one of our most talented players to be sure and when you see how everyone else is buying in to Emery's philosophy and how well that is translating on the pitch you just really hope that Özil can do the same and help take us to that next level. If the guy who turned up against Leicester can appear semi regularly for us it would make such an enormous difference to our fortunes.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
If he doesn't have the drive to be a top level professional he should just f off to the MSL, middle East or China.

I'm glad Emery is being tough with him and have publically put him on the spot a number of times.

If inter come in Jan I'd be over the moon, £25m and 350k off the wage bill, maybe we can actually scrape together funds for dembele.

This league has no room for passangers. With our team giving 100% we've been on a great run. Good talent, ardwork and commitment > amazing talent mediocre effort and little commitment.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You cannot question he is a top proffessional , amongst he's righ up there in terms of distance covered , hard sprints . Assists, chaces created .

We won't be selling him in January , we simply don't have the quality and that's been prevalent in the last few matches . If Emery is any kind of coach then he's going to incorporate him into the squad .

As for Dembele , he ain't coming , Barca want him and he didn't want to
come anyways .

Dregen57

You cannot question he is a top proffessional , amongst he's righ up there in terms of distance covered , hard sprints . Assists, chaces created .

We won't be selling him in January , we simply don't have the quality and that's been prevalent in the last few matches . If Emery is any kind of coach then he's going to incorporate him into the squad .

As for Dembele , he ain't coming , Barca want him and he didn't want to
come anyways .
Who said he didn't want coming to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom