• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
i would kill for James

James might have a great shot over Mesut and maybe is a little more agile in tight spaces or even just more likely to use that agility cause Mesut's not exactly a wooden plank himself, but they're basically the same player. Kind of positionally limited rather old fashioned 10s. James isn't faster, he's not really a 1vs1 dribbler, his game can also be quite stationary and neither at Real nor at Bayern does he show "mentality" or leads the team.

Interestingly, Bayern fans that don't like him (it's about 50/50 tied in their fanbase) haul the exact same criticism at James that Özil gets from Arsenal fans. Not suited to modern systems as a rather clear cut 10, not mobile enough, not decisive enough, wasted as a winger. His status and position limits don't allow them to play a 3 man midfield regularly where they have talent like Thiago, Tolisso, Sanches, Goretzka; and even in the centre some would rather play Muller than him, as - even in his worst form - Muller has great chemistry with Lewandowski and albeit he doesn't do much more, he creates space for the CF.

So actually looking at their profiles, style and the criticism they get at their clubs and realizing it's all eerily similar, I don't think getting James makes the utmost sense - even just in theory. Both are even Real outcasts.

Last edited:

Newchange

Another game and no Özil, the longer we win without Mesut the more it makes sense to let him go..How I wish we offered the 300k to Alexis and not Özil. Imagine on form Alexis playing under Emery!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Another game and no Özil, the longer we win without Mesut the more it makes sense to let him go..How I wish we offered the 300k to Alexis and not Özil. Imagine on form Alexis playing under Emery!

We havent won yet .

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Embarrassing by Özil. Comes on with 20 min. left and jogs around and does nothing. It's like he just refuses to have a second gear. Now that is what 350,000 a week gets you. Un****ing believable after having been sat down for several weeks. Nice to see zero effort as usual. Hope he ****s off in January!!! :mad:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He strolled around after losing the ball. **** attitude today. Unai is screwed. Three #10 options, one is lost for form, the other is in last year of contract and the other is on 350k and not giving a ****.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He strolled around after losing the ball. **** attitude today. Unai is screwed. Three #10 options, one is lost for form, the other is in last year of contract and the other is on 350k and not giving a ****.

i never thought I'd say this but right now I would take Ramsey over Özil any day of the week!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant blame Özil for being Özil.

Thats just what he does off the bench.

We knew that before 350k deal.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Can we lock this thread? Cba with all these ******.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom