• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
FFS what we are smoking at the Emirates really selling our best player? our club is in such a ****ing big mess.

pikey2000

Heard that if he left we would be still paying some of his wages.

I think that is everyone's general consensus given the fact nobody else will pay that sort of wage to him, personally, IF and only IF we replaced him with someone who would be a starter in our side i'd be up for letting him go and contributing to his wage.

Rather contribute to his wage and have a player who will start at our club than keep him on board and ban him from the squad.

Personally i'd be playing him in a 4-2-3-1 setup, but if we aren't going to play him at all we may as well do whatever we can to move him on and get someone else in.

I wonder how much wages we will still have to pay him... Given he will take some wage cut to get out from the hell hole our team is at the moment we would probably still have to pay close to 100-125k per week. That is just my feeling though built on nothing concrete.

blaise

Judging by some comments you d say Mesut gave himself these wages. We opted for that, we could at least try to make a game around him and then if he fails ok. It is not like we just signed him and we didnt know how will it look. Not his fault we didnt check our bank account or total salaries before all that. But paying part of his wages sounds even more crazy than sitting him at home.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think that is everyone's general consensus given the fact nobody else will pay that sort of wage to him, personally, IF and only IF we replaced him with someone who would be a starter in our side i'd be up for letting him go and contributing to his wage.

Rather contribute to his wage and have a player who will start at our club than keep him on board and ban him from the squad.

Personally i'd be playing him in a 4-2-3-1 setup, but if we aren't going to play him at all we may as well do whatever we can to move him on and get someone else in.
I think the club dont want to pay the money to him and want him out. If a buying club gets him for a good price then why should we pay his wages?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we sell him but still pay part of his wages, they would not be included in our FFP player wage bill. The other day it was announced that FFP doesn't include loan players wages because they dont have a permanant contract, so the same would apply to a player who has left the club. The reason I'm pointing this out is because one of our reasons for wanting him out is his salary, it's preventing us from adding new players because of our wage bill. The fact he's fallen out with Emery, maybe Raul too, and we could bring in 2 starting players for less than £350 pw, makes selling him a sensible option, even if it is for £20m.

pikey2000

I think the club dont want to pay the money to him and want him out. If a buying club gets him for a good price then why should we pay his wages?

We shouldn't really, however unfortunately because even if the transfer fee was minimal, matching his £350k wages makes the deal astronomical for any club willing to take him on

350k a week is roughly £18mil a year, or £54mil on a 3 year contract, so even if we gave him away for £20mil it will cost the club circa £75mil over 3 years and nobody wants to commit to that for someone with little to no resale value.

In addition to that, he would likely become most clubs top paid player if they did commit to that contract which then brings its own problems i.e other players of a perceived similar level expecting the same contract......

Therefore seeing as we are the club that needs to offload him we will have to make the compromise or live with him on our wage bill even though it seems we are determined not to make use of him.

Thats my take on it all anyway.

Malky

Established Member
Selling Özil so we can sign Dennis Suarez and James Rodriquez? Yeah, fantastic stuff! o_O
giphy.gif

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Hope we sell him just to see what other excuses the suckers who've bought into the wage limit excuse for our lack of activity will latch on to next.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Sooo apparently Özil (who ran a lot and has better defensive stats than Iwobi) isn't good enough defensively for Emery's Arsenal (we still have an atrocious defensive record without him) but yet Simeone (manager of an Atletico side famous for their defensive nous), wants him?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I wonder how much wages we will still have to pay him... Given he will take some wage cut to get out from the hell hole our team is at the moment we would probably still have to pay close to 100-125k per week. That is just my feeling though built on nothing concrete.

I don't think Arsenal would literally be paying his weekly wages. It would just be a financial transaction that made up part of the difference. Say Arsenal sliced £20 million off the transfer fee, that would pay for half the wages. So if they're really serious about moving him out to free up wages, they may have to virtually give him away.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sooo apparently Özil (who ran a lot and has better defensive stats than Iwobi) isn't good enough defensively for Emery's Arsenal (we still have an atrocious defensive record without him) but yet Simeone (manager of an Atletico side famous for their defensive nous), wants him?
Nobody wants him, it's just a classic pointless speculation.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
If Özil goes, Carassco better be coming in. No way we should let go of a big a talent as him and replace him with a barca reject Denis Suarez

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Way too resonable price.

Agree. It's disgusting. We got 40m for Ox (yes he's young and has re-sale value) with one year left on his contract, we received the equivalent of 40+ million for a player with 6 months on his contract (Sanchez). World cup winner, most marketable player and genuine world class talent in Özil for sub 20m is a kick in the teeth. Best business Atletico could ever do. With Koke, Saul, Özil, Greizmaan, Lemar and Costa they would actually leapfrog Real Madrid and challenge Barcelona.

Confident that it won't happen though.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Agree. It's disgusting. We got 40m for Ox (yes he's young and has re-sale value) with one year left on his contract, we received the equivalent of 40+ million for a player with 6 months on his contract (Sanchez). World cup winner, most marketable player and genuine world class talent in Özil for sub 20m is a kick in the teeth. Best business Atletico could ever do. With Koke, Saul, Özil, Greizmaan, Lemar and Costa they would actually leapfrog Real Madrid and challenge Barcelona.

Confident that it won't happen though.

The lad's on £350k and isn't performing as well as players on a fraction of that figure such as Laca, Auba and Torreira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom