Mesut Özil (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Ewarwoowar, May 26, 2017.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

We just have to hope for American Gooner to stop with all the jinxing and hopefully Özil can have a good next season!

krackpot likes this.
  2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Borderline troll comments tbh. Posters saying Emery has been disappointing as if they want the club to do well, while hoping a player makes it more difficult for us to progress by seeing out his contract in the stiffs. Makes complete sense, of course. As I say, though, troll comments :lol:.

say yes, L3T5 PL4Y and Tir Na Nog like this.
  3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Expectation:
    [​IMG]
    Reality:
    [​IMG]

4. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Yeah hindsight and all that...

Özil is/was probably the most purely Wenger player in the team. Arsène had the whole team set up around him. We decided to re-sign him on wages so massive even Wenger was against it because of how key he was to the set up and squad at the time. But then we got rid of Wenger himself three months later and hired a manager who plays in a completely different way.

None of it really makes sense looking back on it but the club created this mess (though the main guy jumped ship after he realized he had punched a hole in the hull).

NieThePiet and Toby Andrl like this.
  5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

I can see this is going to be another unreasonably silly Özil thread.

Theresa May can't even competently oversee Brexit. Why would anyone expect her to be able to manipulate an Ozexit? :D

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  6. Slartibartfast

You know who absolutely adores Özil? Cristiano Ronaldo. He once said that Özil made him the best striker in the world and was angry when Real Madrid sold him.

Maybe the time has come for a reunion. Italy might suit Mesut with its slower pace. If Emery doesn't want him and Arsenal needs to get his wages off the books, sell him to Juventus for £1.

krackpot likes this.
  7. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

And Dybala might be leaving.
    It could open a spot for Mesut even though I highly doubt it.

8. Slartibartfast

It would all depend on Ronaldo. And possibly to a lesser extent Sarri if he goes there. He does love short, quick passes.

9. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Özil and Ramsey give and goes up field, all going great until Ronaldo forces his way in.

krackpot and American_Gooner like this.
  10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

He isn’t doing anything more or less than anyone else.

krackpot likes this.
  11. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

ok bro.

12. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

I don't know who is worse thread starter, @Rex Banner or @American_Gooner. It's one thing jinxing someone, and totally another thing to let these guys start the match thread

13. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Time for Inquest into our own who amongst us AM users, jinxed our season (top 4 and EL final)?

14. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

I have have solid proof it was @Rex Banner

The case is shut on that one.

15. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Hope it's not cheaply photoshopped, trust you would know ;-)

El Duderino likes this.
  16. African Flair

African Flair Well-Known Member

Please let not have fortnite in the title ffs.

17. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

So sick of this loser.

Will be exceptionally upset if he's here disgracing our lovely new Adidas kit next season.

Dj_sds -, L3T5 PL4Y, Jury and 3 others like this.
  18. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I see Conte's in Inter already and is demanding the sale of Icardi who's literally begged to Conte twice already to let him stay. It seems the board will back Conte's decision. Now Icardi is a top class finisher but Conte feels he's detrimental to what he wants to achieve at Inter, a lot of the times he proves to be a bit of a distraction. Whether that's through his private life, fighting with ultras or rowing with the Inter board over contracts.

Of course it'll be a lot easier to get rid of Icardi because he's not on 350k a week, but it just goes to show there's a lot of managers out there who're willing to get rid of a top player, in this case the man who's been Inter's talisman, captain and top scorer for the last number of seasons.

Then you go down the other route with United and you see what happens when they back the player (Pogba) over the manager, United ended last season far worse than they ever did at any time under Mourinho.

And that's with two players in the prime of their careers, not even talking about someone well past his best years.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
  19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

You still want Meunier to come here and play RW?

20. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Difference is that Conte won two leagues iirc.

FFS, if we had a manager who won the EPL in such a wonderful way, I'd back him too.