• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Be good for Özil if he goes and leaves our **** fanbase behind for the passionate turkish fans, hope he isnt too shocked by a passionate crowd though
As much as the fans in the stadium are disappointed in his performances, the comments on this forum don't reflect the views of our entire fanbase :lol:

Pepes blue pill

As much as the fans in the stadium are disappointed in his performances, the comments on this forum don't reflect the views of our entire fanbase :lol:

:lol::lol: whats that got to do with our **** fan base, atmosphere at matches is embarrassing, of course its gonna be nice to play in front of passionate fans

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol::lol: whats that got to do with our **** fan base, atmosphere at matches is embarrassing, of course its gonna be nice to play in front of passionate fans
The stadium is as loud as it's been in a long time--certainly a fair few decibels louder than Wengers last 5 years... The atmosphere in all the PL grounds in England, and even at Anfield, is always being criticised by home fans. Let's not pretend it's an Arsenal thing.

But he's very welcome to play in front of screaming Turks. It's a wonder, and a shame, that he didn't opt for that no-brainer of a decision to ply his trade in the great Super Lig, years ago.

Pepes blue pill

The stadium is as loud as it's been in a long time--certainly a fair few decibels louder than Wengers last 5 years... The atmosphere in all the PL grounds in England, and even at Anfield, is always being criticised by home fans. Let's not pretend it's an Arsenal thing.

Ive said the same thing in other threads, I dont support other teams so couldnt care less how their fans are, you dont have to take it personally, our fanbase is pretty **** and can only imagine what it would feel like playing in other countries where there is still crazy passion

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sad it has to end like this, wonderful player to watch at times but his decline has been there for all to see and he's nowhere close to justifying his 350,000 wages. For every Leicester performance these past 2/3 years there's been plenty of mediocre ones too and I think we're at a stage where it's time to move on. We've got plenty of young midfielders and creative players and the number 10 style playmaker is a dying breed anyways. The best two teams in the league don't play with one.

It is what it is. I doubt even the next manager would be building his team around a 32 year old aging playmaker in a position that most coaches don't really use nowadays. So for me it's not even about what Emery wants.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it could well be his Turkish wife and the recent attempted mugging has convinced him it's time to go

and is it possible that knowing no one will pay his wages if he were sold, he has deliberately slacked to achieve a loan with Arsenal paying most of them? some people think he's not too gifted in the brain department, but he comes across as a pretty shrewd operator to me, and smarter than Emery

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Emery effect...

There's no such thing in the world, the manager is always the first to be blamed and torn a new one in the media and especially in a fan forum these days. You just made that up because you hate the manager, the rest of us just know it's hard to steady ship, we've learned a thing or two from United's experience.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ive said the same thing in other threads, I dont support other teams so couldnt care less how their fans are, you dont have to take it personally, our fanbase is pretty **** and can only imagine what it would feel like playing in other countries where there is still crazy passion
I don't really understand where you're coming from tbh.

If your point is: The top flight club stadiums in England, including Arsenal's, are quieter than a lot of the stadiums on the continent... then ok. I agree. Hardly front page stuff though. Yes, it'd be great to be paid top level wages and play in a farmer league in front of savages every week. That opportunity's pretty rare though. In Mesut's case, that ship sailed.

blaze_of_glory

Is there a source on this outside of that Takvim paper/site?

People on reddit seem to think they are pretty much the Turkish equivalent of the Sun but I have no idea.

Pepes blue pill

I don't really understand where you're coming from tbh.

If your point is: The top flight club stadiums in England, including Arsenal's, are quieter than a lot of the stadiums on the continent... then ok. I agree. Hardly front page stuff though. Yes, it'd be great to be paid top level wages and play in a farmer league in front of savages every week. That opportunity's pretty rare though. In Mesut's case, that ship sailed.

no idea why you even replied to my post if as you say you aint sure where I am coming from, you just took its personally that I called our fanbase ****, it wasnt, it was simply a fact

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
no idea why you even replied to my post if as you say you aint sure where I am coming from, you just took its personally that I called our fanbase ****, it wasnt, it was simply a fact
Why do you keep insisting I took it personally? :lol: And it's not a fact that our fanbase is ****--that'd be a somewhat rubbish sweeping statement that's your opinion, and you base it solely on the fact that our stadium is quiet... o_O You seem to be the one who is taking Özil's treatment personally, if anything, and you're laying into our whole fanbase as a result... which is odd.

Are the people in the stadium our 'fanbase'? Is it me, you.. people here? Who exactly are you having a pop at?

Pepes blue pill

Why do you keep insisting I took it personally? :lol: And it's not a fact that our fanbase is ****--that'd be a somewhat rubbish sweeping statement that's your opinion, and you base it solely on the fact that our stadium is quiet... o_O You seem to be the one who is taking Özil's treatment personally, if anything, and you're laying into our whole fanbase as a result... which is odd.

Are the people in the stadium our 'fanbase'? Is it me, you.. people here? Who exactly are you having a pop at?

Lolz, I have said im happy for Özil to go??

look up fanbase and it will explain it, if the prem wasnt so rich it would be a miracle if anyone wanted to play here

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lolz, I have said im happy for Özil to go??

look up fanbase and it will explain it, if the prem wasnt so rich it would be a miracle if anyone wanted to play here
'Fanbase' is all of us :lol: But yeah, I doubt any player would leave their own shores if it wasn't for money. I don't really know if every payer prefers a cauldron on matchday though. Fanatical fans isn't everyones cup of tea.

Pepes blue pill

'Fanbase' is all of us :lol: But yeah, I doubt any player would leave their own shores if it wasn't for money. I don't really know if every payer prefers a cauldron on matchday though. Fanatical fans isn't everyones cup of tea.

:lol: really didnt think I needed to put in general but there we go

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
No idea why people are still hanging on to Özil, love him or hate him he has to go, its pretty obvious for whatever reasons be it league, manager, decline in ability, lack of motivation, that him being here currently is just a waste of time.

He's not playing, it doesnt look like that will change and come July at this rate its just going to be a lot worse, having a season off pretty much will have a huge affect.

Club, Özil and the fans would all be better off if he just left for something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom