<

Mesut Özil (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Ewarwoowar, May 26, 2017.

1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

I never compared Özil to Xavi. I said their situation was similar. Özil at 31 is in the same situation that Xavi was at 35. But Xavi knew when to go. He left a massive contract and took a paycut to go to Qatar despite being on massive wage.

My point was in reply to @GDeep™ post that no footballler can move to the middle East except he gets a massive increase in wages

2. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

I don't think training with reserves would bother him. He'd find a way to spin it in his favour. He'd post a picture with an 18 year old and say something like, "Proud to be sharing my experience with the future of Arsenal" #yahgunnersyah #mrmiyagi

3. Oxeki

@GDeep™

"bUt foOotBallERz dOn'T tAkE pAY cUT to mOVe eLseWhERe."

4. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Yeah Gdeep repeats that a lot like it never happens :lol:

5. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

I wish that guy on AFTV never had that meltdown all those years ago. We never would have signed Özil. Then again we'd probably have given 350k a week to Walcott and had the same problem

Football Manager likes this.
  6. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Man this forum really doesn’t need 2 Özil threads :lol:

7. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Flamini, staff? I heard he could buy out Arsenal FC if he decided to sell his biotech company...
    But would he be a good owner? I think he would be a great owner.

8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

This one will be locked soon as well :drool:

Oxeki likes this.
  9. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Had to re-read this before i realized you wrote tax relief :rofl:

Oxeki likes this.
  10. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Can probably close the 'Performances' one...he is unlikely to 'perform' for us again.

He'll see out his contract with us.

Pop Tart, Oxeki and Maybe like this.
  11. African Flair

African Flair Well-Known Member

And Inter Milan the rest.

Mesut won't leave for Saudi, nobody in his position would.

12. Oxeki

The whole stuff is so bad that even if a club like inter come in for him, I don't see him leaving. He likes it here not because he loves the club. But because he's comfortable here. This us a culture that took root under Wenger whereby players were no longer held accountable. Özil is the last vestige of that era. The day he leaves will be a new dawn for the club and an unshackling of the club's feet.
    He knows that there's no expectations on him by the fans. Even in the days where he played bad, (which was most days) he'd still be excused by the fans and instead other players were blamed for his poor performances.

Also he knows that leaving here might see his brand value plummet.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  13. sykesy69

sykesy69 Well-Known Member

I think staying might just as well see his brand plummet tbh.

14. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

It's such a shame how things have turned out with Mesut. I was never so hyped for a signing as the day we bought him.

I'm sure there's enough blame to go around on both sides as to why things have turned out the they way they have. He's within his rights to sit his contract out if that's what he's intent is.

Massively talented footballer, should be at the peak of his powers at 31. Tells you something about his mentality and desire though that only retirement leagues are offering him a deal. What a waste of talent.

Mrs Bergkamp and sykesy69 like this.
  15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

One is 31 and one is 35. That's a whole standard 4-year contract between them. The situations are not similar at all.

Football Manager and yorch44 like this.
  16. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

@GDeep™

17. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Any n3ws?

18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Reported to mods

Ibadan likes this.