• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil has got stick throughout his time here for “body language” and other knuckle dragger theories. You think Wengers gonna feed the tabloid vultures anything they can use to beat Özil with?

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
As long as he plays tomorrow and every game for the rest of the season,I'm happy. Better ill (or on holiday) than injured.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We need Özil on form tomorrow, he's our star player and against a team like City we need him and everyone else at their best. Anything less and we will lose. We can do it but will we go out there and give everything. I hope we do and if we still lose at least it wont be for lack of trying.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil has got stick throughout his time here for “body language” and other knuckle dragger theories. You think Wengers gonna feed the tabloid vultures anything they can use to beat Özil with?
I've never criticised him for his body language fwiw, but if you think about it, it's far from a 'knuckle dragging theory'. Ironically, thinking it is, is actually nearer 'knuckle dragging' than thinking it's not. Others feed off your body language--that's a fact--and if you're one of the guys that is has the ability to change the game, then moving a certain way helps. The least of our problems in the past and present is Mesut's body language, but pretending it couldn't be better is just dishonest.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What, like feeding them with a hopelessly transparent lie, instead of the truth? You think that's better? You think the tabloids are suddenly going to jump all over Mesut because he's got a little bug at the time of year when it's rife?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Özil was never gonna keep that form up for the whole season but we really need to click it's hard to single anyone out since there is no cohesion but I can't see how we fit some of these players in.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Worked for that fat raise for a few months and now he's back to his lackluster performances again.
I suppose it doesn't help that everyone is playing terrible, but since he signed da ting he hasn't played with the same involvement.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Expect more from him now that he's on 350K and one of the biggest earners in the league.

Gives 25 good games a season, and for the rest he is either sick (in Turkey with his wife) or just strolling around.

HBL

Established Member
Couldn’t believe how poor he was tonight. There was one moment in the second half where there was the most obvious pass inside and he just tried to beat Kyle Walker instead.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Feels a bit like the Walcott situation. Your best player leaves and you end up offering a fair bit more than you otherwise would to keep another important player who's close to leaving.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
To be fair its just a mess round him right now.

Ramsey, Xhaka & Mkhitaryan is such a eclectic mix of playing styles.

Always maintained he is a player that makes a 7-8/10 team into a 9-10/10 team. We are not even a five right now.

Anyone really know our formation? style? tempo? typical goal scored?

I have no ****ing clue.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I had said earlier in this thread when he signed the new deal that it would be interesting to see if he could keep up his good form after the pay rise. So far it seems like he has gone back to being the lazy strolling muppet he can be.

His decision making today was abysmal and he lost the ball too many times for a player of his stature.

Would be really really frustrating if he doesn’t turn up for the two legs against AC Milan.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Would be really really frustrating if he doesn’t turn up for the two legs against AC Milan.
I'm afraid it doesn't matter if he'll turn up or not, because the team as a whole won't.
They have no clue what to do anymore and neither does Wenger. He seems to be throwing sh*t at the wall hoping it will stick.

OSBK

Established Member
We have Özil/auba/mkhy and each player looks lost currently. Thats a sick forward line, thats a forward line that should be wrecking teams.

Such a waste

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The guy used his "almost free" status and selling Alexis to rip off the club and Arsenal fans were celebrating it.

Longy

Can someone please tell me a player who hasn't looked lost in our shirt over the last handful of years ?????

Özil
Aubemayang
Mikhitarian
Lacazette
Cech
Koscielny

They are all in the excellent tier.

Then add
One of the best young RB in the world
Bundersliga team of the year CM
Bundersliga team of the year LB
German WC defender
Solid experienced LB

And what do we have ?
If you were to tell me years ago we would have these guys in the team, you would surely think we would be competing !!

JUST GO WENGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom