Mesut Özil: ScapeGOAT

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Not saying its right or whether he'd actually be capable of it, but any chance the more senior players have decided to sabotage any revival to force the issue?

As a sidenote, I've always been surprised how infrequently (almost never) wenger subs out mesut early when ahead, compared to @madrid w/ mou?? Not actually ahead much these days tho huh?!

2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Two months ago the rumours were that mesut wants Wenger here.

3. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Lazy Özil is back. He could really learn a thing or two from mikhi in trying to win the ball back.

4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Cheers Mes
    [​IMG]

KrissKringle, Top Gun, BobP and 7 others like this.
  5. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Beautiful player!

6. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

Rimaal likes this.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

His two assists were mesmerizing.

one-touch pass over the defense, into Mkhi who doesnt have to break stride, facing the right way. simply sublime.

Aevius likes this.
  8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

That counter attack at 1:23 made my eyes bleed.

9. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Congrats on the record. He should've had 2 assists and a goal today.

LGooner98 and Rimaal like this.
  10. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Was very good today.

SomGooner likes this.
  11. Rimaal

He was fantastic today, controlled the match like a maestro, and broke the fastest assist record in PL.

Gorgeous.

Camron, LGooner98 and SomGooner like this.
  12. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Poundland hydro

De Bruyne has got 45 assists in 90 games or something, your boy's record will be broken soon :(

13. Rimaal

Let it, Özil is still the first to break Cantona's record,, that's a long held record.
    Can't take it away. Plus Özil did it with Giroud and Walcott up top.

tap-in, RacingPhoton, Camron and 5 others like this.
  14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

nice way to celebrate that record :lol:

Camron, Rimaal, Top Gun and 1 other person like this.
  15. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

He is the only reason we should stick with the 4231, we need to build around him.

Glorious player when he’s in full flow.

16. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Damn, I wish it was Wenger in the bit out zipping up the long jacket.
    That would have been epic.

17. LGooner98

LGooner98 Well-Known Member

congrats on the assist record. Another Gunner who reached the milestone. I like the fact that Mesut only need to play for us to achieve this whereas Cantona had to play 2 clubs to achieve the record. YaGunnersYa!!

Rimaal and Top Gun like this.
  18. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

I'll give him two seasons before KdB has a mental breakdown.

Rimaal likes this.
  19. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Özil told Arsenal Player on his decision to put pen to paper: “It feels really good.

“I’m really happy to sign here for such a big club like Arsenal. I’ve always said to the club that i’m happy here and now I’ve signed, I’m really happy.

“My team-mates and family have always supported me. I have a lot of goals here with the team, I want to reach those and I’m really happy. I love the city.

“Before I signed the contract, I spoke with my family about what the best decision was for me. At the end of the day, it was really easy for me to say ‘yes’ to the club.

“I’m here for more years and I hope we will win some titles with the team. I believe in that.”

NieThePiet and El Granit-Coq like this.
  20. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

I realised I have a thing for German men. First Marco Reus and now Özil... The former has been my favourite player for a very long time but Özil now shares that spot for favourite current player (has for a while if I'm being honest).

Such a joy to have him here. We have PEA and Lacazette as a starting point, beef up our defence and get a competent midfielder and I can see us doing well under whoever takes over.

The Wenger-Özil romance has been great for us going forward. Hopefully the next manager has as much faith, trust and patience as these two have for each other.