• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope

Less
Disappointing from him today. Played all safe passes. No penetration.

Game would have been well over had he passed forward more.

We need him to play those piercing through balls. He seems to only play the short ones now.

Disappointing today.

fc honka

From Paininthearsenal player ratings:
Quietly excellent, again. He didn’t hit the heights of last week with two wonderful assists, but he did make a ridiculous six key passes — passes that lead to either a shot or a goal. The team as a whole only made 14 key passes, and no other player on the pitch made more than two.

edit: blaze of glory was faster :lol:

IslingtonBornandbred

Didn't know where to stick this but I don't think it's posted yet so I'm gonna put this here. Deeney references the Watford game, what he meant by the cahones comment in relation to Özil not challenging for the ball. Essentially he's saying he knows these players are miles better than him but he'll always compete and challenge for every ball whilst as a team and individually I think it's a fair criticism that sometimes we don't seem up for the battle. Whether he's the man to say it publically or not is a different matter but I think that's a decent indication of why lesser teams seem to think they can get a result against us away from home.

Anyway, here's the video.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I love Özil and I think he’s really under appreciated, I think there are things he does that are often missed

But that thing he does where there’s a 50/50 header and he stays on the ground and turns his back to the challenge and backs into the player is so annoying and bordering on pathetic

P.S. that fake volley pass to Miki was sexy

Jojoba

I love Özil and I think he’s really under appreciated, I think there are things he does that are often missed

But that thing he does where there’s a 50/50 header and he stays on the ground and turns his back to the challenge and backs into the player is so annoying and bordering on pathetic
P.S. that fake volley pass to Miki was sexy
I noticed that thing in his best season here (2015-2016). I remember the second half of that season when the assists dried up and we were struggling. I swear every time he did that thing the other team won the ball and scored or nearly scored. If i can remember right these 2 games ( Swansea and Sunderland at the Emirates) he did that think and they scored from it. And at least in another 2-3 games that second half of the season he did that thing and we conceded or nearly conceded. Will try to find those clips.

fc honka

And at least in another 2-3 games that second half of the season he did that thing and we conceded or nearly conceded. Will try to find those clips.

So you are saying that because Özil has not jumped into the air in a battle, we have conceded many goals?

What are you smoking?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel like now that Özil's signed a new contract his performances are going to get so overrated it'll make him seem mythical. I still think he's one dimensional and I'd wish he'd score more goals.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I feel like now that Özil's signed a new contract his performances are going to get so overrated it'll make him seem mythical. I still think he's one dimensional and I'd wish he'd score more goals.

You new to A-M/Arsenal Twitter? That has been going on since Sept 2 2013 mate. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom