• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
What a load of drivel. How do you come up with this ****?
How is it **** and drivel to say he hasnt performed consistently in an Arsenal shirt? Aaron Ramsey has put in more match winning performances in the same time Özil has been at the club for half the salary. A player with none of his world renown and prestige and who has been injured a lot of that time as well but hey resort to petty comments.
On his day a fantastic player but very rare to see those days playing for Arsenal so far.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Well guess we will see with a new manager. Hopefully he will turn up for more than 4-5 games a season and break a sweat if he's given instructions to do so. The proof will be in the pudding. Luxury player though imo
Might sound funny but I agree with this sentiment, partially. I actually expect Mesut to go up a gear under Emery. I think Wenger's trust approach is great with certain players but Özil needs a fire under his bum.

I love the player. I think he is a baller who jams sexy football but I agree with the fact that he doesn't produce every game and I am also tired of these mid season breaks.

I just really believe that a firm tactical change in approach and a better way to rotate the midfield are not only on the agenda but a sure way of getting us back to winning ways.

I feel he had far more than 4-5 good games though.

shootxhakashoot

Might sound funny but I agree with this sentiment, partially. I actually expect Mesut to go up a gear under Emery. I think Wenger's trust approach is great with certain players but Özil needs a fire under his bum.

I love the player. I think he is a baller who jams sexy football but I agree with the fact that he doesn't produce every game and I am also tired of these mid season breaks.

I just really believe that a firm tactical change in approach and a better way to rotate the midfield are not only on the agenda but a sure way of getting us back to winning ways.

I feel he had far more than 4-5 good games though.
Fair enough the 4-5 games things was perhaps spurious. I haven't counted tbh but glad we agree mostly it seems. All except that I rate the player I just don't rate his attitude or personality and find the guy hard to like. I know a luxury player when I see one, I'm from Southampton and lived through the genius days of Matt le tiss saving Southampton on a regular basis but not playing for England for being "luxury" disgusting that was. The difference was he did it week in week out for his club and would have done for his country as well if given the chance. As I say we will see but I have a funny feeling he might not be an automatic pick under Emery if his attitude doesn't improve. Guy has been coasting.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's had some digs because he didn't do better stopping Lozano from scoring but at least he bust a gut to get back running past those who weren't doing their job. I'm sure people would have been happier if he'd been clumsy and given away a penalty. It looks as miserable and devoid of quality for Germany as for Arsenal last season but his run back makes me think he's fully fit.

shootxhakashoot

Agenda much
No agenda just pointing out the obvious, Özil wasnt at the races today, did his usual pretty touches, bottled some tackles and not much else. Was just like watching last seasons Arsenal watching Germany today. They'll need to shape up if they want to qualify from this group.
Love to see Germany lose though, absolutely made my day. Long may their form (and Ozils in this tournament) continue.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hate the term 'luxury player' such a dumb myth. Means nothing.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He's had some digs because he didn't do better stopping Lozano from scoring but at least he bust a gut to get back running past those who weren't doing their job. I'm sure people would have been happier if he'd been clumsy and given away a penalty. It looks as miserable and devoid of quality for Germany as for Arsenal last season but his run back makes me think he's fully fit.

F*cking Kimmich? Trying bicycle kicks in Mexico's box. Khedira? Running around somewhere. Kroos? Bypassed and strolling around. He probably should have tried to show him outside somehow, but then he's not a defender. At least he got back and tried to do something. Fair play to him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hate the term 'luxury player' such a dumb myth. Means nothing.
The term makes complete sense as long as you’re talking about a genuine luxury player. It’s a player who has all the skill and ability but has long spells where he’s not affecting the game offensively and doesn’t compensate for it defensive ly. I’m not speaking about Özil here—just explaining the term. We know these players exist, so it’s legit.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The term makes complete sense as long as you’re talking about a genuine luxury player. It’s a player who has all the skill and ability but has long spells where he’s not affecting the game offensively and doesn’t compensate for it defensive ly. I’m not speaking about Özil here—just explaining the term. We know these players exist, so it’s legit.

Nah I get that, I do. And I've said this before, surely this is just a coaching thing? Why can't a player such as Özil put in defensive work? We've seen a huge increase from when he first joined, but I think Wenger wanted to give him that freedom, that why I don't think the term fits really, anyone's a luxury if they're told they don't have to put a shift in.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Nah I get that, I do. And I've said this before, surely this is just a coaching thing? Why can't a player such as Özil put in defensive work? We've seen a huge increase from when he first joined, but I think Wenger wanted to give him that freedom, that why I don't think the term fits really, anyone's a luxury if they're told they don't have to put a shift in.

nah, players like Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo has little to no defensive responsibility and is given the freedom to fully focus on attack, but no one would consider them luxury players because of the difference they make, hell Messi probably walks 80% of the game..

Nothing wrong with giving Özil or anyone else freedom, but he has to deliver offensively to be worth it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom