• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHOPS

I don't really care about "nasty streaks" or whatever. Just show you're quality on the pitch and influence games like the alleged best attacking midfielder is supposed to do.
At least for the last 13 games!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

C7n5758WsAEqKu9.jpg

C7n58qeWsAATA3e.jpg

Godwin1

Very well-known
There is something to what Dixon is saying, Özil seems so flat in big games, I wouldn't call it nastiness though. Comparing him to Alli triggered a lot of people is part of the problem I feel.

We probably wont get to find out what the overriding issue with Özil is anyway unless he goes in the summer and we see him under a different manager.

Last edited:

FreakySami

Özil is injured, he had back spasms and played and now had a hamstring problem. It kind of goes together.

If the referees gave Özil as many half assed fouls as they do to dele crappy, he'd be much more influential and would dive and get more fouls.

law90026

Established Member
I've said it before but will say it again: the way we play does Özil no favours. He's a creator, not a goalscorer like Wenger wants to shape him to be. That means he needs players to be making runs.

The WBA match is a very good example of this. No one moves off the ball, except for Sanchez and he's running all over the damn place. This then leads to the stupid sterile way of stringing passes across the pitch and we know how effective that is. No playmaker can work within those constraints.

This season, it's actually been Özil making runs into the box which is why he was scoring earlier on but that really shouldn't be his role. Think back as well to some of his assists where he's providing an outlet on the break and then finding his man after that. That's how you get the best out of him (and quite frankly most offensive players), not keep 70+% possession and not do anything with it.

InvertedFootballer

You know someone has no clue about football when they go rambling about nonsense like passion, character or this nasty streak nonsense. The most passionate guy we've had in recent times was a guy who literally pointed to the rivals the space they should exploit to score against us.

blaze_of_glory

He's 21 in two and a half weeks. Özil at 21 moved abroad and went to the biggest club in the world. He went onto establish himself as arguably the 2nd best player at the club and became a key player for a perennial Euros/World Cup contender. That takes more mental strength, unless playing for media darlings Tottenham and the England NT is more pressure than Real Madrid and Germany.

On top of that he moved abroad again to Arsenal, got critcised heavily in 2014 and still managed to come back the following year with one of the great PL seasons in terms of creativity. If he was weak as you say he is, he'd have left instead of sticking around to prove himself in England.
And here we have what is known as complete and utter domination :eek: :drool:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Asking Özil top be a person he is not is just silly. It is up to the Manager to balance the team in terms of players with 'nasty streaks' etc. Silly debate. Ozi is class. He gets no help from his team mates in big games either. A lot easier to aim for CR7 than TW14! ..l..

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Asking Özil top be a person he is not is just silly. It is up to the Manager to balance the team in terms of players with 'nasty streaks' etc. Silly debate. Ozi is class. He gets no help from his team mates in big games either. A lot easier to aim for CR7 than TW14! ..l..
Not like we have had any one better on the other wing where CR7 played and Özil is consistently influential against regular teams below the big boys.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Alli has been miles better than Özil this season, can't be argued.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's not exactly wrong is he?

Shouldn't be labelled as a criticism though, it's just his personality. Could counter and say that if Alli didn't possess that mentality he wouldn't have the talent to achieve anywhere near what Özil has.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
There is something to what Dixon is saying, Özil seems so flat in big games, I wouldn't call it nastiness though. Comparing him to Alli triggered a lot of people is part of the problem I feel.

We probably wont get to find out what the overriding issue with Özil is anyway unless he goes in the summer and we see him under a different manager.
Yeah I don't get what people are getting so arsey over. Do people not think that Özil would be a better player if he added a bit of grit and aggression to what he currently has? That's essentially what he's saying, he never said that Alli is a better player than Özil.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's 21 in two and a half weeks. Özil at 21 moved abroad and went to the biggest club in the world. He went onto establish himself as arguably the 2nd best player at the club and became a key player for a perennial Euros/World Cup contender. That takes more mental strength, unless playing for media darlings Tottenham and the England NT is more pressure than Real Madrid and Germany.

On top of that he moved abroad again to Arsenal, got critcised heavily in 2014 and still managed to come back the following year with one of the great PL seasons in terms of creativity. If he was weak as you say he is, he'd have left instead of sticking around to prove himself in England.
Thank you @American_Gooner. This is what I wanted to say as soon as I read the post you replied to. Özil was a god playing for THE club where the pressure is insane, he left with his head held high and an immense reputation. Playing and regularly contributing in classico's with the best Barcelona I've seen in my lifetime. But yeah, Dele Alli. Like there is only one way to show mentality, and its the Dele Alli way.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

At 21 Mesut replaced injured Germany captain Michael Ballack for the 2010 world cup in a key position and instantly became one of their best players. Still a Werder Bremen player at the time. Probably couldn't do that with a weak mentality. Let's see Dele Alli light it up than.

10/10

If you are any time nearby don't forget to come collection your reward for post of the year. 2g of coke and easy pick ups!

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom