• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARSNLNO1

I'm sorry I still don't see it I'm afraid but I would be delighted for him to prove me wrong. However I don't think it's a coincidence that there has been no talk that I know of of any other big club even considering Özil.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'm sorry I still don't see it I'm afraid but I would be delighted for him to prove me wrong. However I don't think it's a coincidence that there has been no talk that I know of of any other big club even considering Özil.
I actually prophesized this in this thread way back. No chance a serious club worth mentioning will even bother with the idea of signing Özil.

karl

Özil bothers me less and less as £42m starts to seem quite cheap in the current climate. Hopefully this new formation will make us less reliant on him defending.

ARSNLNO1

Özil bothers me less and less as £42m starts to seem quite cheap in the current climate. Hopefully this new formation will make us less reliant on him defending.

Unfortunately for a 343 formation to work you surely require that central man to be an attacking midfielder that can drop back and link the midfield to attack and help when the midfield is losing the battle. This long ball strategy will only work so long.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I actually prophesized this in this thread way back. No chance a serious club worth mentioning will even bother with the idea of signing Özil.

Linked with Bayern and PSG already, tenuous as those links may be.

Sanchez is the big catch, as soon as his fate starts taking shape, so will Ozils.

Expect a barrage of links, mate.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

Sanchez is the big catch, as soon as his fate starts taking shape, so will Ozils.

the change in his attitude to being one of the team, and recognising the fans, and the way Wenger mentions him as an afterthought suggests to me an agreement to extend is already in place, if not actually signed

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
the change in his attitude to being one of the team, and recognising the fans, and the way Wenger mentions him as an afterthought suggests to me an agreement to extend is already in place, if not actually signed

Yeah, out of the two, Mesut seems more likely.

karl

Unfortunately for a 343 formation to work you surely require that central man to be an attacking midfielder that can drop back and link the midfield to attack and help when the midfield is losing the battle. This long ball strategy will only work so long.
If you cannot defend with 3 central defenders, 2 wing backs and 2 central midfielders, the game is up. In any case, I don't think Özil is central.

He and Sanchez seem to drift around behind the striker wherever the feel like. Maybe that is not the instruction and it will take time to perfect. Özil covers a lot more ground that he looks like, but is not making gritty tackles, as that is not in his repertoire.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Özil showed a lot of fight against City, though his quality wasn't quite there. It was good to see how bad the lads wanted it, we need to go with the same attitude in every game till the end of the season.

Look how he teases that ball in. Such poor connection on the ball from Welbeck.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

Not legit links at all or even a hint of a legit link. Big club transfers and specially of reputed players are usually in motion pretty early with a good amount of noise in the media.

ARSNLNO1

Tenuous.... grasping at straws some might say.

I haven't seen one credible link with another team interested in singing him. Last nights performance another reason why.

Özil isn't worth £200k a week let alone the £300k he's wanting, I still don't see what he brings to the current set up and I am genuinely desperate for him to prove me wrong as I know he's going no where, him and his agent aren't daft, we're stuck with him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yesterday would be even more painful to watch without him. Özil and Xhaka seem to be the only creative Mids right now.

its suych a shame when he has to drop so deep

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'm so sad to see him looking that average.

Even *****ng Eriksen looks great next to Mesut.
I used to love him so much.

But he's not working hard enough & Wenger is slowly destroying him too IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom