• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

musoke

How is he doing that? Because he has contract and want to honour his contract rather than go somewhere else and earn far less? Its funny if he was doing brilliant and was forcing a move away refusing to play people would say he has contract and has to honour it.
It also leave a bad taste in the mouth for a player under a contract to perform well and then start pushing for a move suddenly.

You Özil fans keep parroting this “He is honouring his contract” cringeworthy catchphrase.

May be Arsenal as his employers feel like he is not honouring his end of the agreement. They promised to look after him by giving him one of the most lucrative contracts in the world of football and in our clubs history (£350,000 a week). He surely promised to give us better performances on the pitch than he has been serving us since he resigned in 2018. Surely.
Arsenal have honoured and keep honouring their side of the agreement throughout by transfering his wages to his account weekly or monthly. But what has Özil given Arsenal back in return? Apart from playing his constant predictable VICTIMHOOD card at any given opportunity. Undermining our managers and the whole club on a consistent basis. What have we gained as Arsenal fans or what has our Club gained from him since 2018?

I will ask you. What more do you want the club to do for your cult hero? They have tried their best to accommodate Özil from the day he joined in 2013. Gave him a soft manager (Wenger) that just let him decide whatever he wanted to do. Made him our highest paid player in our history from the moment he joined.

You guys might not want to appreciate our club regarding your cult hero but this club has looked after Özil so well in his time here. Preferential treatment. Asks for £350,000 a week and they give in. He is a lucky guy, the likes of Madrid and all the other top clubs don’t take bullcrap and they would have gotten rid of him before 2017 due to his inconsistent performances.

Honouring a contract does not mean just taking a p”ss just because you signed it and it’s all binding. To me honouring a contract means honouring what you promised in it, “To give top class performances while we pay you massive wages.” Arsenal are honouring their promise of paying him well.

When was the last time since 2018 has Özil had a sustained period of 10 games where he put in 7.5/10 performance on average?

That’s like saying to my bosses “I am honouring my contract” even if I am not putting up the numbers they expected for the business. But but I am honouring my contract.:facepalm:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ballon d’or became a joke when Henry was highest goal scorer in prem and got those 20 assists with it but lost out to Pavel Nedved. From when I saw that I knew it was complete BS!

Did you even read my post? They combined the earlier Ballon D'or and some other similar, and changed that it's not voted by journalists, but national team head coaches & captains.

drippin

It also leave a bad taste in the mouth for a player under a contract to perform well and then start pushing for a move suddenly.

You Özil fans keep parroting this “He is honouring his contract” cringeworthy catchphrase.

May be Arsenal as his employers feel like he is not honouring his end of the agreement. They promised to look after him by giving him one of the most lucrative contracts in the world of football and in our clubs history (£350,000 a week). He surely promised to give us better performances on the pitch than he has been serving us since he resigned in 2018. Surely.
Arsenal have honoured and keep honouring their side of the agreement throughout by transfering his wages to his account weekly or monthly. But what has Özil given Arsenal back in return? Apart from playing his constant predictable VICTIMHOOD card at any given opportunity. Undermining our managers and the whole club on a consistent basis. What have we gained as Arsenal fans or what has our Club gained from him since 2018?

I will ask you. What more do you want the club to do for your cult hero? They have tried their best to accommodate Özil from the day he joined in 2013. Gave him a soft manager (Wenger) that just let him decide whatever he wanted to do. Made him our highest paid player in our history from the moment he joined.

You guys might not want to appreciate our club regarding your cult hero but this club has looked after Özil so well in his time here. Preferential treatment. Asks for £350,000 a week and they give in. He is a lucky guy, the likes of Madrid and all the other top clubs don’t take bullcrap and they would have gotten rid of him before 2017 due to his inconsistent performances.

Honouring a contract does not mean just taking a p”ss just because you signed it and it’s all binding. To me honouring a contract means honouring what you promised in it, “To give top class performances while we pay you massive wages.” Arsenal are honouring their promise of paying him well.

When was the last time since 2018 has Özil had a sustained period of 10 games where he put in 7.5/10 performance on average?

That’s like saying to my bosses “I am honouring my contract” even if I am not putting up the numbers they expected for the business. But but I am honouring my contract.:facepalm:

Can't like all you said, but yeah. Imagine signing some big contract with a business, and then just showing up to work, "drinking coffee" and tweeting stuff to annoy your bosses.

"You got what you deserved, when I fooled you with my resume." :rofl:

drippin

We're talking about his performances for Arsenal, mate. Not some useless ballon d'or ranking that he probably didn't even get up to 1% of the vote.

It's 100% factual to claim that Özil has been inconsistent for majority of his time here.

"We are"? Why are you and Jury jumping into this conversation?

Mr. @Football Manager said that Özil's attributes as a player make him inconsistent. That's what we are talking about.

So please shut up if you don't have anything to say about the subject. I want to hear from the guy I'm talking to, who said that "I make stuff up".

GoonerBoy19

He should have left on a high probably last winter when he lost his first team role. I loved him as a player but last few years he have made some absolute blunder's with respect to his footballing career. Nothing wrong in his ability or physical attributes, it's more like he lost interest in football.

Elwood

The club gave him a soft manager :lol:
Otherwise I agree, he should have done better.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He should have left on a high probably last winter when he lost his first team role. I loved him as a player but last few years he have made some absolute blunder's with respect to his footballing career. Nothing wrong in his ability or physical attributes, it's more like he lost interest in football.

There's a lot of wrong in Özil's ability and physical attributes, as this post on reddit explains:

This is 100% right and when I pointed this out last season the Özil Stan's would go nuts.

When Özil got passed you he used to glide into the attacking 3rd. Last season, when Arteta started him all those games when he'd get the ball between the lines he couldn't get away from the defender behind him. So he'd do the cheeky step in front of the guy and get fouled. It was worthless, we already had a numbers advantage. But this made Özil look good to fans who couldn't see what was happening or refused to see it. He'd fall over... Özil Stan's get happy and clap... And the other team gets everyone behind the ball.

His other move was dribbling twice going forward, then stepping on the ball and going backwards. We have a ton of players who can go that, and they play defense and put in a shift

Özil needs a slower league. Serie A, Turkey, etc where he can go stand wherever he wants in the attack, wait for his team to win the ball and give it to him and then take his time and play a pass.

That said even in Serie A a team like Atalanta will make playing Özil impossible against them.

He just isn't even half the player he was 4 years ago.

Arteta just needs to send him home and maybe in January he will decide he wants to play this spring. Or just sign a deal in another league and we will settle with him then to go away

He is of zero use to Arsenal right now

GoonerBoy19

There's a lot of wrong in Özil's ability and physical attributes, as this post on reddit explains:

Kinda agree but change in our formation haven't helped him as well. He is useless in a 5-3-2 or 4-3-3, he was more comfortable in 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1. There is no point in building team around him like Wenger , Arteta have moved away form him and Özil should have realised this and moved on. Both club and player should have handled this better and gracefully.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
"We are"? Why are you and Jury jumping into this conversation?

Mr. @Football Manager said that Özil's attributes as a player make him inconsistent. That's what we are talking about.

So please shut up if you don't have anything to say about the subject. I want to hear from the guy I'm talking to, who said that "I make stuff up".
:lol: That's not you. I thought he quoted someone else.

I keep explaining why Özil was inconsistent. Because 1) he is not contributing in the general play. 2) he doesn’t want the ball as other attacking midfielders and prefers counter attack over possession, 3) he is not capable to take on defenders.
And I also explain why he is called lazy. Because 1) he is not making the supply for himself/others unlike other attacking midfielders, 2) he need those supply from others

And then I explain that “not doing defensive work” is NOT what makes him lazy. 1) Other attacking midfielders are not being labelled lazy, despite also not doing much defensive work. 2) they don’t look lazy because they are actively involved in the general play, constantly create supply for others, they always want the ball, 3) it’s not about defensive work, if Özil has done what I’ve mentioned in “point 2)” he will not be invisible in games.

And then there comes someone (NOT YOU) keep replying, asking me “Why defensive work is important for an attacking midfielder. He should not be called lazy because of not doing defensive work.” Keep replying stuff like this while I keep explaining to him defending is not the reason he is called lazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom