• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why do people keep taking about his charitable efforts? I probably give a bigger proportion of my earnings than he does to charity but I’m not going to bore you about that.
If that had been any other poster I would have said, 'Yeah, right, anybody can say that'. But in your case my gut tells me it's true. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You posted up stats ages ago that showed that Giroud didn’t miss any chances ‘presented’ to him by Özil in that barren spell :lol:

We do know he scored seven times in those 19 assists though. Jesus, this argument is ancient
Nah, I posted clips that showed that Giroud missed chances created by other players as well not just Özil. Slight difference you'd agree. ;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger on Özil contract, in other places he said that he estimates Özil level players to be £100 million:

“When you let a player go you have to buy somebody of the same calibre and if you add the wages needed it will be similar,” he said.

“On top of that we have to pay a transfer. So overall I think Mesut for us was the cheapest option."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1061908/Mesut-Özil-contract-Arsenal-Arsène-Wenger-Emery
... On the premise that we’d have actually gone out and spent £100m to ‘replace’ him.... which is what Arsenal aways do, eh?! :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't listen to @Jury about his charitable donations. I asked him to pick me up some chewing gum before a night out and he sent me his bank details the stingy bastard.
He once told me he'd crawl over broken glass for his dog so I had to strike him off my bad guy list :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah, I posted clips that showed that Giroud missed chances created by other players as well not just Özil. Slight difference you'd agree. ;)
No, because at the time I’m sure you was arguing in Giroud’s favour against the notion that he cost Özil assists... You displayed it clearly and I vividly remember ramming it down the pie holes of anyone who blamed Giroud for our glorious wonder-**** failure to reach 20! You slippery as ****! :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No, because at the time I’m sure you was arguing in Giroud’s favour against the notion that he cost Özil assists... You displayed it clearly and I vividly remember ramming it down the pie holes of anyone who blamed Giroud for our glorious wonder-**** failure to reach 20! You slippery as ****! :lol:
Mate, here's a small tip . . don't argue with @American_Gooner about what was said when where and by whom. It'll end badly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He once told me he'd crawl over broken glass for his dog so I had to strike him off my bad guy list :lol:
I wouldn’t come out with something as corny as that! I must’ve been tired and lacking imagination :lol: Crawling over broken glass for your dog should be standard anyway. Actually, that’s the test you should be asked to do to prove your worthiness to the dog before you take it home. That will separate them!​

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
You've said this multiple times, but we definitely had a gun to our heads.

- Our actual talisman, Sanchez was on his way out
- Fans, pundits and media in general all said it would be a travesty if we allowed this guy to leave - we were still wounded by Cesc and Nasri
- Özil has admitted he had offers to go elsewhere. He was also in great form in his final year of his contract

Pretty much couldn't have more guns to our heads if it was possible. We were absolutely held over a barrel and his new contract made sense at the time.
When people talk of 350 per week or whatever (no body really knows ) ...it includes all the various clauses, bonuses, performance incentives etc (no body knows)

Does anybody know what it cost to sign Auba and keep him till now ( 100m + i bet ) and what new deal was offered to him ? People are arguing bullshit without any facts on hand. Does anyone know if he can play football to the level of the 1st team ( he could till march / pre-covid ). Does anyone know if he is leeching the club? ( no body knows ). Does anyone know if he is missing training, not training well and playing fortnite all the time ( no he isnt, the training videos and photos show it). Does anybody know if he has an attitude problem (there has been no instance where this is documented, over a decade and more).

Raul and Emery came along and wanted to sign a raft of players ( for obvious reasons). They treated Arsenal as another cow to be milked.

However, they had to get high earners and settled squad players off the wage bill, so they could make the number of transfers they wanted to. Out went Wenger, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud etc etc....but then they came up against Özil. He had come here to Arsenal, the home of the misfit and the misunderstood, who were shepherded by Wenger to release their full creativity and potential. He had come home. The ultimate Wengerballer.

Raul and Emery tried their tricks on Özil, but they found their match. Finally Raul and Emery had to leave.

The bum squad is doing kroenke's bidding by making sure enough division and noise is created so that fan's can never unite and question the owners and board. These noisemakers are res

kash2

But he has mentally checked out. We gave him that contract due to the form he showed in about 8 games prior to him signing that contract. But we never could have guessed that he would mentally retire.

what were sven, raul and gazidis getting paid for then? guessing games? Didnt they know how to evaluate and then take a decision, and derisk the decision by writing a suitable contract. Why do you talk as if you are a tramp who knows nothing of how the world works?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t come out with something as corny as that! I must’ve been tired and lacking imagination :lol: Crawling over broken glass for your dog should be standard anyway. Actually, that’s the test you should be asked to do to prove your worthiness to the dog before you take it home. That will separate them!​
:lol:
Yeah you’ve got a bit of a problem there and it seems you have to go out of your way for your dog to meet other dogs, hence the puppy classes thing which I initially thought was a bit much :lol: 3 miles in a ca though, you lazy swine. I’d crawl 3 miles on broken glass to make sure my boy got his walks and sniffing time.

kash2

It is bad management, but by all accounts Wenger was against the size of the contract
it was a simple decision. Do you match the offers he has or do you not. Everyone agreed that we should match it. It doesnt help that cutback king came in and wiped two years out of arsenal.

kash2

Özil‘s behavior towards Arsenal has always been first and foremost about money. He and his agents etc. are acting with the single purpose of maximizing his earnings. Think he has zero loyalty to the club and its fans. What is going on now is solely about the loyalty bonus on his part. If he plays or not is totally besides the point for him.

I think the club should play hardball and make his professional life as miserable as possible. If possible I wouldn’t register him for any competitions and have him do cardio drills day in and day out. In between he can help with the training of the youth teams. Whatever is allowed within the bounds of his contract and English employment law I’d have the club do it. Would set a good example. Guy has been cuddled way too long by the club.
i bet you couldnt even manage a pushcart selling lemonade. You guys are nuts. What do you gain by making his professional life miserable? Is this revenge for calling out the german FA racism?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If that had been any other poster I would have said, 'Yeah, right, anybody can say that'. But in your case my gut tells me it's true. :lol:
They only take direct debit these days ffs. I’ll be honest and say I probably wouldnt be as forthcoming if 5 blokes turned up on my doorstep every last day of the month holding donation buckets. What you don’t see you don’t miss! :facepalm:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
https://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum...u-revoir-cher-ami.28770/page-163#post-4076495

You're conflating the two arguments. I'm never said it's all Giroud's fault that Özil didn't break the record, but his dire form was a contributing factor. My point was that while he didn't miss a nailed on sitter in every game, his general play dipped due to a lack of confidence and he stopped getting into as many goal scoring positions as the first half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom