<

Mesut Özil: These Öz Ain't Loyal

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Why do you believe he's been left out?

1. Just football reasons

2. Criticism of China

3. Paycut refusal

4. A bit of everything

5. Mods should ban kash2 from the thread

6. Mods should ban Oxeki and Jury from the forum

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

To be honest, it’s a far bigger shame than many will be honest enough to admit. It’s indicative of the truly ****ty times we live in and goes way beyond football.

2. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

When a guy called Vijay is calling all Muslims to stop supporting the club. You know he's a troll and it's a piss take.

Everyone knows the issue with Özil has nothing to do with China or him being Muslim. It's money and him no fitting in to Arteta's ideas for the team moving forward.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  3. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

That's why the comment from that Twitter person is so annoying. It actually degrades the people who are genuine victims of religious discrimination.

Oxeki and Jury like this.
  4. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Out of these eight matches in the video, played between December and March, Arsenal just won three of them, despite Özil's impressive moments.”

5. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Özil fans will spin it and say but he's working with 10 trash players for the past 4 seasons.

6. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Who cares if it’s a troll, it’s f*cked up either way :rolleyes:...

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Adams and Keown didn’t do anything to people like Anelka or the English guys who came to training drunk and finished 12th in the league.

Im not a fan of this Özil either, but it goes two ways no? The club has thrown him under the bus by clearly leaking stories which show him in a bad light, surely he’s allowed to throw a punch back in what has become bit of a drama now?

DanDare likes this.
  8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

So? We would’ve won more had the club spent that record breaking transfer budget better.

9. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

I tried to follow his Twitter posts to understand his moral framework. He is basically an extreme Indian nationalist. The biggest enemy for this group is Pakistan. China got added to their hatred list because of its support to Pakistan and its own border disputes with India.

Normally they don't give a damn about Muslims. But when it comes to Uighur Muslims, they will suddenly become human rights experts because they can blame China for it. This whole tweet stunt is because Özil spoke against China, making China their common enemy. Now he feels obliged to support him on this matter.

10. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Probably because Adams at least was one of the guys coming into training half cut :lol:

I don't see Özil throwing any punches. To be honest I'd respect Özil more if he threw the club under the bus himself, at least it would show he's got some balls somewhere. Instead we get carefully crafted passive aggressive tweets from his PR company.

11. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

I thought that Vijay guy was being sarcastic. Are you saying he was being serious with that post?
    Chriet, he really did believe what he wrote?
    Mustafi and Elneny were getting pelters on here every week but no one called it islamophobic or Bigotry now all of a sudden because it's Özil, it's now seen as such:facepalm:
    One thing I've come to note is that most of these guys crying wolf aren't even Arsenal fans.

12. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Chip on shoulder springs to mind and a hypocrite!!

Paddy from Sweden and Oxeki like this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

You guys do realise you’re speaking on the most extreme opinion from the most extreme platform?

What’s the point of quoting or discussing anything that accuses Arsenal of islamophobia?

If anything, let’s boil it really down, it’s all a money issue.

Divided_Pie likes this.
  14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

No surprise to see guys like @Oxeki camping out in here offering his non stop constant dodgy commentary.

kash2 likes this.
  15. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

What a noble and staunch existence :lol:

16. Paddy from Sweden

Paddy from Sweden Active Member

As long as it suits the narrative. That's how it is nowadays.

Oxeki and Jury like this.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Özil was getting on the ball constantly trying to make things happen, the NLD at home being the perfect example. Does that not count as taking the game by the scruff of the neck?
    No one denies that Özil didn't play at the same level in the second half of the season, but you can't expect another dozen assists with Giroud on a massive drought and that blunt cock Campbell on the RW.

18. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well looks like his really making moves for that contract pay-off. I’m so sad it ends like this. Unique player with a beautiful career that ends 5 years before it should. Mistakes/bad decisions were made on both sides, both Arsenal and Özil deserve better. Hope to see another player with vision and touch like him at Arsenal again soon, makes football feel like art.

Camron, Divided_Pie and Red London like this.
  19. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This gets me with these people, it’s not enough to piss on his current form/stats/lack of playing. Need to rewrite his whole career, how much hate can you have in you?

20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Keep dreaming, not happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.