• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

His comments on the Ughurs were right even though it put the club in a tricky position. But he is now getting involved in the wars that his country and his supreme leader Erdogan are meddling with. I get human right activism but propoganda and politics like that has no place in football.

I don’t agree with that aspect either.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The thread title should be changed to “General chit chat and some vaguely Özil related matters“.

This is an Özil thread in an abstract sense only. Must admit I don’t mind. Interesting discussions and good activity.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Maybe not the best role model eh? :rofl:

China has been a great friend. It has helped us in our most difficult times because of the economic crisis my government inherited. Therefore, we do talk about things with China privately, not publicly, as these are sensitive issues." - Imran Khan, Jan 2020

From what I've read this is a common tactic the CCP uses, particularly in Africa. Invest huge amounts of money in economically under developed countries / countries going through economic downturns. Over time the Governments of these countries become beholden to the CCP.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

From what I've read this is a common tactic the CCP uses, particularly in Africa. Invest huge amounts of money in economically under developed countries / countries going through economic downturns. Over time the Governments of these countries become beholden to the CCP.

Not only Africa they are doing the same with also the South Pacific .

They’ve pumped a fair bit into Pakistan as it is of strategic importance when out comes to India militarily.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

They’ve pumped a fair bit into Pakistan as it is of strategic importance when out comes to India militarily.

Yes this, totally. Met a friend over a decade ago who was a charity worker in Sudan and was explaining to me how the country had sold off some of its farming land to China in the middle of a famine!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yes this, totally. Met a friend over a decade ago who was a charity worker in Sudan and was explaining to me how the country had sold off some of its farming land to China in the middle of a famine!

China owns a strategic Port in Darwin , some of our biggest cattle farms , even water supplies. All done while we are under a conservative govt. They have bribery and corruption to a fine art:lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Maybe not the best role model eh? :rofl:

China has been a great friend. It has helped us in our most difficult times because of the economic crisis my government inherited. Therefore, we do talk about things with China privately, not publicly, as these are sensitive issues." - Imran Khan, Jan 2020
my comment had nothing whatsoever to do with Imran Khan's politics, but everything to do with providing an example of a former top level sportsman who successfully transferred into politics

as I think you knew

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It started in the 70s and they have been at it since. All the while the Western democracies have been sleeping. Hope the COVID-19 crisis can serve as a wake up call. We didn’t even have PPEs enough as China was stockpiling it for themselves.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What are you suggesting, the Leicester manager allowed City to have over twice as many shots as part of a master plan. And Leicester scoring with nearly all their chances was calculated in advance. It makes no sense if you think about it. And if Leicester can plan so meticulously, how come they lost at home 3-0 to West Ham and couldn't score with any of their chances.

Fans are so reluctant to accept the role of odds in football. Why, is totally beyond me.
Is this you moving out of your squad cost cave?

musoke

This fallacy only applies when speaking of certain players it seems. Funny how that works lol

Here’s a different öccultist who decided to put him in their all time coached XI. Another case of a manager defending their precious big signing? Maybe Mou is just another Özil fanboy who did everything to make life easy for him.
331202031934-otkvn0y442-euwfzngxqaaevyn.jpg

Besides, we all know you guys would cream yourselves if Wenger said negative things about him, let’s not pretend otherwise. Not sure who convinced all you obsessive haters that you’re some sort of beacon of objectivity. You have about 3 posts outside this thread ffs, you’re about as objective as a Sp**s fan on all things concerning AFC.
I keep hearing about Mourinho’s being a massive fan of Özil.
But how come he keeps ignoring signing him for all the clubs he has managed since Madrid?
They both left Madrid at the same time. Mourinho moved to Chelsea. Özil is shown the door at Madrid that same window, Mou ignores Özil but instead waited for Cesc.

Mourinho is sacked by Chelsea and moved to United, Özil runs down his contract. Puts himself out there hoping for any top team to come in for him. As always mou just does the same old hype talk about Özil but never came in for him. He instead goes for Matic from Chelsea and later went for SANCHEZ from Arsenal.

Mourinho is sacked by United. He moves to Sp**s. Özil is being offered to whoever can take him. Arsenal are desperate to get rid. Özil wants to stay in London. Mou passes Özil on then but instead goes for Gareth Bale from Madrid.

Now I will ask one more time. When is Mourinho going to stop the big Özil Talk and start walking the the big Özil walk? :lol:

And aint it quite something? The current Özil FC fans love to use Mourinho when it suits them. On nearly everything else they can’t stand him going back as far back to his early Chelsea days to today. But they will quote you a Mourinho statement here and there if it is positive towards their dear Cult hero. :lol:

And again, stop with you Fallacious reasoning. Argument from Authority fallacy. I don’t care what manager rates what player. What I care about is what my eyes tell me. I have never waited for Wenger, Mourinho, Fergie, Pep etc to tell me if Tony Adams is a legend, if Messi, Xavi, Modric, Iniesta, Ronaldinho etc are amazing great players. I come to that conclusion on my own through watching them play on a consistent basis etc..

As I said earlier, managers are human-beings like we are. They have there own baises and individual tastes. That is why most people keep pulling their hairs out wondering why managers rate Xhaka and Jordan Henderson etc..
Remember Wenger also rated Almunia, Xhaka, Elneny, Chamakh, Kolasinac, Manone, Cygan, Gervinho, Giroud, Santos on top of the overrated and overhyped Özil.

You can list how many managers rate Özil but there also managers tha don’t rate him as high as the likes of Wenger / Mou etc.

Just saying.
:)

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
His comments on the Ughurs were right even though it put the club in a tricky position. But he is now getting involved in the wars that his country and his supreme leader Erdogan are meddling with. I get human right activism but propoganda and politics like that has no place in football.

It's final how people choose to forget that he is a German national, born and raised.

musoke

This fallacy only applies when speaking of certain players it seems. Funny how that works lol

Here’s a different öccultist who decided to put him in their all time coached XI. Another case of a manager defending their precious big signing? Maybe Mou is just another Özil fanboy who did everything to make life easy for him.
331202031934-otkvn0y442-euwfzngxqaaevyn.jpg

Besides, we all know you guys would cream yourselves if Wenger said negative things about him, let’s not pretend otherwise. Not sure who convinced all you obsessive haters that you’re some sort of beacon of objectivity. You have about 3 posts outside this thread ffs, you’re about as objective as a Sp**s fan on all things concerning AFC.
And about me being obsessed of this Özil thread.

Awww, so cute. as always the emotional / sensitive Özil fundamentalists crying about who posts and how many times they post in the Özil thread. Lol

But am I as obsessed with Özil as you his disciples? You lot have been following him everywhere he has been since 2010. You follow him on most of his social media’s (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc) ontop of also camping in his threads on Arsenal mania. Bet you guys turned on your past notifications on Özil’s social media so that you are notified whenever he post. Don’t wanna miss any of his posts. Do you?:lol:

I only comment and about Özil because he is an Arsenal player and this is an Arsenal fans forum. So I am allowed to Choose what threads i Prefer here.

At least I am not like you guys that act like groupies around him. Stalking his every move he makes in his private life on social media and all. Bumlicking him 24/7 on whatever he decides.

;)

musoke

“Padded his stats with corners, set pieces crosses etc“ :rofl:
Do you want me to post a video of all his 19 assists and let’s count how many defense splitting passes, crosses, corners and free kicks made up those 19 assists?
There is even one assist where he just falls over the ball and it breaks for Sanchez or someone, but they all count as assists i guess.
:Celebration:

Dj_sds -

Mourinho won against managers like Wenger because he had better players, if he'd been managing Bournemouth, 9 times out if 10 he'd have lost. Wenger regularly beat lower sides otherwise he wouldn't have got top 4 every year for 20 years.

I wasn't referring to Mourinho vs Wenger perse. Mourinho did it at porto, inter and even chelsea in his second spell there. That chelsea team was nothing special imo.

These are highlights of inter vs barca in the 2010 champions league. Count how many clear cut chances barca had, that you expect them to score from, and then do the same for inter.

Inter controlled the game from start to finish, with 28% possession. Classic Mourinho.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wasn't referring to Mourinho vs Wenger perse. Mourinho did it at porto, inter and even chelsea in his second spell there. That chelsea team was nothing special imo.

These are highlights of inter vs barca in the 2010 champions league. Count how many clear cut chances barca had, that you expect them to score from, and then do the same for inter.

Inter controlled the game from start to finish, with 28% possession. Classic Mourinho.
I don't know the relative costs of those 2010 teams, nor have I seen the xG for that game, so can't really comment.

I do know that Chelsea spent 10 times what Arsenal spent 2004 to 2015 which is why they won the league 4 times and had done nothing much prior to that. Mourinho would have won zero without Abramovic's millions.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It's final how people choose to forget that he is a German national, born and raised.
Note that Germany until 2000 did not give citizenship by birth to children born in Germany to parents that did not have German citizenship. So theoretically Özil might not have been a German citizen by birth but acquired it later.

I was actually unaware of the change in law from 2000. Nice to learn something new every day.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
But how come he keeps ignoring signing him for all the clubs he has managed since Madrid?
They both left Madrid at the same time. Mourinho moved to Chelsea. Özil is shown the door at Madrid that same window, Mou ignores Özil but instead waited for Cesc.

Mourinho is sacked by Chelsea and moved to United, Özil runs down his contract. Puts himself out there hoping for any top team to come in for him. As always mou just does the same old hype talk about Özil but never came in for him. He instead goes for Matic from Chelsea and later went for SANCHEZ from Arsenal.

Mourinho is sacked by United. He moves to Sp**s. Özil is being offered to whoever can take him. Arsenal are desperate to get rid. Özil wants to stay in London. Mou passes Özil on then but instead goes for Gareth Bale from Madrid.

Now I will ask one more time. When is Mourinho going to stop the big Özil Talk and start walking the the big Özil walk? :lol:

And aint it quite something? The current Özil FC fans love to use Mourinho when it suits them. On nearly everything else they can’t stand him going back as far back to his early Chelsea days to today. But they will quote you a Mourinho statement here and there if it is positive towards their dear Cult hero. :lol:

And again, stop with you Fallacious reasoning. Argument from Authority fallacy. I don’t care what manager rates what player. What I care about is what my eyes tell me. I have never waited for Wenger, Mourinho, Fergie, Pep etc to tell me if Tony Adams is a legend, if Messi, Xavi, Modric, Iniesta, Ronaldinho etc are amazing great players. I come to that conclusion on my own through watching them play on a consistent basis etc..

As I said earlier, managers are human-beings like we are. They have there own baises and individual tastes. That is why most people keep pulling their hairs out wondering why managers rate Xhaka and Jordan Henderson etc..
Remember Wenger also rated Almunia, Xhaka, Elneny, Chamakh, Kolasinac, Manone, Cygan, Gervinho, Giroud, Santos on top of the overrated and overhyped Özil.

You can list how many managers rate Özil but there also managers tha don’t rate him as high as the likes of Wenger / Mou etc.

Just saying.

And about me being obsessed of this Özil thread.

Awww, so cute. as always the emotional / sensitive Özil fundamentalists crying about who posts and how many times they post in the Özil thread. Lol

But am I as obsessed with Özil as you his disciples? You lot have been following him everywhere he has been since 2010. You follow him on most of his social media’s (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc) ontop of also camping in his threads on Arsenal mania. Bet you guys turned on your past notifications on Özil’s social media so that you are notified whenever he post. Don’t wanna miss any of his posts. Do you?:lol:

I only comment and about Özil because he is an Arsenal player and this is an Arsenal fans forum. So I am allowed to Choose what threads i Prefer here.

At least I am not like you guys that act like groupies around him. Stalking his every move he makes in his private life on social media and all. Bumlicking him 24/7 on whatever he decides.

;)
da2avjs-3d81de4c-e7ac-4d7a-bbe9-a771445bf7b3.jpg

Keplaz

Just saying.

I'm not a Mourinho fan but I think he rates certain attributes Özil has but not everything. I remember he refused to sell us Demba Ba because he was worried about his finishing and Özil's passes.

But I don't think he rates his lack of pressing and ball winning ability. And the way the game is going, being World Class at one thing isn't enough anymore if you're average or poor at almost everything else.

And I'm not saying Özil is poor or average at everything else. He can shoot OK.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Do you want me to post a video of all his 19 assists and let’s count how many defense splitting passes, crosses, corners and free kicks made up those 19 assists?
There is even one assist where he just falls over the ball and it breaks for Sanchez or someone, but they all count as assists i guess.
:Celebration:
Yes please :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom