• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
no one cares. stop barking at passing cars. Try to appreciate football and understand it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I've actually stopped reading this thread because as we've seen a certain group on here won't stop till everyone hates him.

Last time I came in here there was a weird debate about control, now it's the German thing. I'm sure both debates were because the Özil haters are trying to discredit him somehow.

At this point we need an Özil fans thread or something. Can't even celebrate some of his best moments on his birthday without the usual lot coming in to criticise him.

Mate. You think this is bad? Arsenal wished him a happy birthday from their official twitter account and an Armenian political activist has replied accusing him of supporting terrorism and posted a picture of a dead child.

This is a relatively safe space.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mate. You think this is bad? Arsenal wished him a happy birthday from their official twitter account and an Armenian political activist has replied accusing him of supporting terrorism and posted a picture of a dead child.

This is a relatively safe space.
Wild. Is Özil posing with this guy the equivalent of Pulisic posing with Trump.

Haven’t looked into it but seems like he’s not a good guy which doesn’t match Özil who is quite socially conscious.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
give it a rest unai.. first become worthy of being heard
So which part is not worthy?

Please watch 16:06-16:12

Why is he making that pass? That passing option is so wrong (I know you would praise him, because it’s a “forward pass“. I wouldn’t, that is a terrible passing option). Ramsey is next to him, Sagna is next to him.

He should have made a short pass to Ramsey, run into the space in front of him, receive the ball back. And look for another combination play again (maybe with a few skill moves in between). That’s what I called involving in the build up. Not passing the ball forward and “leave” the play.

The thinking behind Özil is to play forward pass quickly, which is alright in counter attack. But if we want to play possession football, he should have done what I have mentioned. Most other attacking midfielders would have passes the ball around, because they wanted the ball as much as possible.

I’m sick of seeing Özil keep making these kind of “forward pass”, and hope one of them will end up well. You fans would praise him if one of these worked out, but in fact it is a complete waste of possession, which leads to drastic decrease of chances that our team could have possibly created.

By the way, we were overloading on the right midfield area. Özil didn’t utilise the numerical advantage. Despite having numbers around him, he chose to make a “forward pass” to a marked player. If we lost the ball there (very likely as the overload is on the right midfield not the right forward area), the opponent can switch play to another side. And we are underloaded there.

I don’t understand why you would keep seeing passes like this, but not able to realise how shxt he is in the build up. If it is another player making the same pass, you would have jumped right into the pitch and beaten him up.

@Trilly

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My boy @Trilly became “trusted” congratz!!!! When did they happen?
We all know the downsides to going up against the indomitable @Jury, but there are a few upsides, and this is one of them. Add white knighting Özil and Xhaka to your CV and you’re right in the picture. If you double up on Valium and control your emotions more, you could be there too. I can give you red panty night bro.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We all know the downsides to going up against the indomitable @Jury, but there are a few upsides, and this is one of them. Add white knighting Özil and Xhaka to your CV and you’re right in the picture. If you double up on Valium and control your emotions more, you could be there too. I can give you red panty night bro.
You're spiralling man. It's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom