• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

it's because we are saving around £100,000 a week by not naming him in the squad...think that's just Mes trying to save face a little.
There's no proof of this and it also sounds a bit ridiculous so I think it would be safe to not believe this unless its proven to be accurate?

I can't think of any contract that gives you an extra half a mil a month just for playing.:lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There's no proof of this and it also sounds a bit ridiculous so I think it would be safe to not believe this unless its proven to be accurate?

I can't think of any contract that gives you an extra half a mil a month just for playing.:lol:
I personally think it's true.

I am pretty sure he has goal, appearance, assist, trophies, league placement and all sorts of bonuses as well. If Auba's contracts are anything to go by.

That 8 mil loyalty bonus when he hasn't even been playing was flipping scary.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don't think that's completely fair - the club by saying very little have allowed Özil a free run to tell his version of events - whether you chose to believe him in every aspect is your choice, but I personally respect the club's decision to maintain a silence rather than counter-attacking

The club have nothing but their disgraceful behavior on display for us all to see. It’s a simple action really, why not come out and clarify their stance on the state of affairs with Özil.

In all other scenarios, there has been brand management. So unfortunately it will be “unfair towards them” until they do

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Sorry guys but I love Özil & am shattered he didn't make the squad & he has always been so loyal to us over the years. If this is how we treat one of our best playmakers & loyal players then he does deserve better then this. I know so many people dislike him but I'll always like him & no one will change my mind. I'm going to miss him big time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

You can get a percentage of your wage for being named in the squad, Football Manager doesn't lie mate ;)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I personally think it's true.

Sure he has goal, assist, trophies, league placement and all sorts of bonuses as well. If Auba's contracts are anything to go by.
Yeah but in all the contracts that have ever been leaked, I've never seen anything close to one hundred thousand pounds per appearance.

That is nuts and just doesn't make sense, I'm not ruling out but as Judge Judy says

1efm33.jpg

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah but in all the contracts that have ever been leaked, I've never seen anything close to one hundred thousand pounds per appearance.

That is nuts and just doesn't make sense, I'm not ruling out but as Judge Judy says

1efm33.jpg
I am actually scared of what other f*ckeries might be in his contract tbh. Frightening stuff.

That was a transfer fee we just paid him in September btw, 8 mil.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I am actually scared of what other f*ckeries might be in his contract tbh. Frightening stuff.

That was a transfer fee we just paid him in September btw, 8 mil.
I think loyalty bonuses are spoken about as one off payments but are actually paid alongside a weekly wage iirc.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Since he spoke out against the Chinese the club has sidelined him. It is too big a market for arsenal to ignore.
He started every one of Arteta's first 10 matches, which was after he spoke on that. Can't be it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The club did offer Özil £350,000 a week, levels above anyone at the club that wage, so they probably wanted to protect themselves a bit.

Could see them wanting to have some of that based on appearances just incase Mes dropped off form, Özil probably thought he would always be playing so accepted...it's not that farfetched to have happened.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You could argue that the last line might be deliberately vague. Because if he comes out and says criticising China is the reason he's not been involved then the club can come out a deny it. But because it's vague and he's not saying it's the actual reason then it just leads to more speculation which can't really be proven.

Though on the flip side the more the club remain silent the more people can use it against them. Regardless of the actual reasons it can now be used against the club. Whether it's true or not who knows. It could either be something very calculated or genuine.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I honestly think it's ridiculous that he added that last sentence to what was a statement about his Arsenal career and football, totally unnecessary. Trying to make himself a martyr. His followers will eat this up. It's all about him being a 'Victim' to these people. The guy could murder someone randomly and his followers would justify it because the club once made him train with the under 23's :lol:

He's paid £350k a week to be a footballer and we'd struggle to get games out of him outside of London or to get him to train every day like every other player. Sorry but he's lazy and self entitled. Should sort the career he's actually he's payed for out before he tries marketing himself in the current affairs pundit / role model sphere.

My views have probably never changed so much on an Arsenal player, I don't think. Can't wait till he's out of the door. We should do the bare minimum that we legally have to for this guy now. Wouldn't even let him train with the under 15's.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd like to see the club come out & make a statement about this situation. I'd like to at least hope if we don't hear it they make a statement to him personally & explain the reasons.

say yes

forum master baiter

What are you on about? Nearly every football contract is heavily incentivised and performance based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom