• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Mate. There’s no way I believe that it’s purely a footballing decision. Okay Willock might run more but can he do even 10% of what Özil can with the ball? Anyway like Trax said, no point of speculating endlessly.

Arteta can live and die by what he’s said, will be fun to watch us create 2 chances a game.
I don't think Arteta is saying it was a purely footballing decision - it sounds to me as if Özil wouldn't, or couldn't, deliver in training the sort of commitment Arteta demands

he has said more than once that commitment is more important than footballing ability - Mesut had shedloads of that, but chose not to use it to the utmost of his ability, and even cried off certain games with his 'bad back'

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I've supported Arsenal for over 25 years, I dread to think how much money I've spent going to matches and on merch. I'm not claiming to be the best or most knowledgeable fan in the world, but I've done my bit to support the club I love, over and above any one player.

You on the other hand have 'Özil is God' in your bio. So it's clear where your loyalties lay.
yippee yayy for u

kash2

So shocking. I was told Özil is the ultimate creative force even in his current form and we would win every game with him.

Of course we all know how much he gives in defending. Such a travesty to not include him in the squad! :eek::eek::mad::mad::(:(
oh Drippin....an average of 9 shots attempted per game should tell you the whole story...you are such a footballing expert.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

oh Drippin....an average of 9 shots attempted per game should tell you the whole story...you are such a footballing expert.

Oi Mr. Trash, look at the stats of your wonder boi. Be amazed of his contribution.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Why is our club always full of ****en drama.

Every week.

Özil isn't playing again.

We need tú get over it.

The needless disruption this is causing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Under Emery I backed to play Guendouzi or Willock rather than Özil, because overall they put in similar performances when you look at it defensively too. Plus they are the future unlike Özil, similar as now Saka & ESR.

Otherwise the squad or attacking stats under Arteta aren't that much different, so I can't see how that is a great reason to dismiss those stats from games with & without Özil.

Everyone should be able to see that Özil isn't doing very much magic in the field nowadays and is more of a liability defensively.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Considering his base salary is 350k minimum.
Now consider that he got 8 mil “loyalty” bonus.

How much is he owed if we win a FA Cup and he was part of the run up? Or if we make top 4?

Are you guys not even a little bit curious of how much his add ons and bonuses are?

How much is an Özil 2020 performance worth to you honestly? Can non of you atleast see that angle?
If his base salary was 350k then they’d report the figure which includes all the bonuses, not just the 350k. Look how they reported Willian’s salary recently. He’s definitely not on as much as you think.

kash2

Under Emery I backed to play Guendouzi or Willock rather than Özil, because overall they put in similar performances when you look at it defensively too. Plus they are the future unlike Özil, similar as now Saka & ESR.

Otherwise the squad or attacking stats under Arteta aren't that much different, so I can't see how that is a great reason to dismiss those stats from games with & without Özil.

Everyone should be able to see that Özil isn't doing very much magic in the field nowadays and is more of a liability defensively.

you really are a football genius.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All joking aside, I do feel for 90% of the Özil lovers. It's never nice seeing a player you love finish his career here, particularly under these sort of circumstances.
Are they Özil lovers or just Arsenal fans? I don’t care about anyone who isn’t at Arsenal. This forum called me a Wenger lover but I’m the only one on here who isn’t reading his book, watching his interviews etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom