<

Mesut Özil: These Öz Ain't Loyal

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Why do you believe he's been left out?

1. Just football reasons

2. Criticism of China

3. Paycut refusal

4. A bit of everything

5. Mods should ban kash2 from the thread

6. Mods should ban Oxeki and Jury from the forum

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Am I crazy or does the emphasis on always respectful, fair & honest seems like a dig at Arteta?

2. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

Yes, when you think about how we play currently, I can't see Özil thriving in any kind of role on the pitch. So basically it's just not worth the money having him on as a part time, rotation player for specific situations/teams, even though he's obviously good enough to do it.

3. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

I can see it, but whatever he writes as a praise can be seen as a dig currently.

4. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

I was there on wengers last day in the box seat next to Özil and he wasn’t even on the pitch lol.

5. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Of course. If someone is really honest with him and point out his flaws, it is only natural to call that person disrespectful and unfair.

6. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Remember when Wenger dropped him, Emery dropped him, Freddie dropped him, then Arteta dropped him? Remember when it was the manager who was holding him back?

Remember when Özil was gash because Giroud was holding him back, or when it was because Santi was hurt, or when all he needed was a clinical finisher (Laca), or then when it was he simply needed a pacey clinical CF (PEA)? Remember when it was the players around him holding him back?

Remember when he couldn’t perform on the pitch consistently because the English media had it out for him? Or when it was because the German FA had it out for him and they dropped from the German NT, or when it was because of his comments on China, or when Raul personally had it out for him from the inside, or when it was the paycut refusal? Remember when he couldn’t perform because he was the victim of unfair criticism?

Remember when he played really well through all the “limitations” (players, media, manager, etc) in the lead up to his contract and he showed what many knew which was that everything with him comes down to application not ability, but shortly after the ink dried THREE year ago on said contract which made him the second highest player in the entire league his effectiveness fell through the floor and the ever evolving list of excuses for why he can’t be consistently effective came back?

Remember when the club needed him most to step up (send Wenger out on a high, get the club back in the CL via the EL, help stop the club slide down the table in the league, etc) he both figuratively and in some cases legitimately put his feet up on the club?

I remember it all.

Man has taken the club for a ride and it honestly blows my mind anyone that calls themselves an Arsenal supporter can still even attempt to back this charlatan. Some absolute legends graced the shirt at this club, they gave everything to the club and deserve all the effort and admiration, but it’s wild to (still) see so many prop up such a conman here on an Arsenal forum.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    musoke, Camron, Gooner416 and 35 others like this.
  7. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

No, I wasn't.
    I just took a break from the thread allow you guys air your views.

8. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

So locked till there’s something new lads hopefully never:lol:

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

"Mesut is not a player who is yesterday a Toffee and today a Gunner. Arteta didn't play at all in the final two years, but they still registered him because he was given a contract.''
    How is saying this going to help Mesut? :lol:

10. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Disgusting by his agent. If he hates England so bad, he can go back to German after Brexit.

Moleque likes this.
  11. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

*sigh* it's gonna be a long season.

Wonder what the odds are for Arteta sacking actually, looks like we've got another one.

12. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Turned down 30m signing on fee? That's his own stupidity then.

13. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

They all need to just **** off. They’re all getting paid less so they’re all bitter.
    Honestly think venom from his agent isn’t worthy of unlock. Thread should be deleted. He’ll never kick another ball for the first team ever again.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Nobody cares anymore doctor if you care about your client you should have accepted offers and told Mesut to get out of here because he not wanted.

CaseUteinberger and Ashybashy86 like this.
  15. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

MikeVinna likes this.
  16. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This **** needs to end. Constant dark cloud over the team and manager.

Macho likes this.
  17. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

I am tired, Robbie.

Oxeki, El Duderino, sykesy69 and 2 others like this.
  18. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

His agent's desperation and anger tells me that it was indeed Arteta who has kicked Özil out.

Moleque, Gooner416, Keplaz and 4 others like this.
  19. yousif_arsenal

Robbie will kill himself if he heard about Özil one more time

20. yousif_arsenal

Its over. Özil speak and his agent now Arteta did speak too so that's it the club should tell the media to stop asking questions about mesut and they won't make any comments until contract done.

Camron likes this.