• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I’ll take any scraps tbh. One of the ITK’s on Twitter was dismissed as a fraud for tweeting a reply to Amy Lawrence and then deleting it. He said Mesut was chastising the other players for agreeing to take a pay cut. Think it was Dean.
As per El Duderino:
Screenshot-2020-09-24-114159.png

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Bellerin is on record saying they were told the paycut would save staff jobs. They took the cut, and staff were let go anyway.
What record? Even so, if true, we’ve got mediocre soy boys destabilising the club ffs... Probably thought he was being sold to PSG.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People still on this 'How can Özil not be in the 25 man squad, he's so much more talented than other players in it, it makes no sense'

How many times can it be said that he wasn't dropped from the squad because he wasn't gifted enough as a footballer to be in it.

Literally no-one has tried to argue that.

The manager and club have both specifically stated that he was dropped for 'footballing reasons'

That reason covers many more things than talent. Effort in training, ability to adapt to what the manger wants, mentality, attitude, influence on the squad etc etc

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Bellerin is on record saying they were told the paycut would save staff jobs. They took the cut, and staff were let go anyway.
Not defending our owners here, but did it say all staff would be saved? Do we know if these paycuts have actually been used to save other peoples jobs? Could it be that more than 55 people were about to lose their job (the staf size is humongous from reports I saw earlier).

If that isn't the case, and saving those 55 was what the players signed up I don't understand why it's only Özil and his agent making a fuss. Wouldn't the players/agents who actually took the paycut and got conned by the club be more upset and say something?

I also read that the 55 were already part of streamlining process, which would make sense if you see other top clubs being ran with 70-50% of our staff size. Timing is very poor though and warrants criticism in this time.

blaze_of_glory

What record? Even so, if true, we’ve got mediocre soy boys destabilising the club ffs... Probably thought he was being sold to PSG.
There's a vid of him on a zoom call (with Prince Charles there too for some reason) talking about it and how the players all decided to do it to help the staff and how good it made them all feel. Someone with better internet voodoo than me can maybe find it.

Not defending our owners here, but did it say all staff would be saved? Do we know if these paycuts have actually been used to save other peoples jobs? Could it be that more than 55 people were about to lose their job (the staf size is humongous from reports I saw earlier).

This is possible and I've thought that myself.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

If that isn't the case, and saving those 55 was what the players signed up I don't understand why it's only Özil and his agent making a fuss. Wouldn't the players/agents who actually took the paycut and got conned by the club be more upset and say something?

I also read that the 55 were already part of streamlining process, which would make sense if you see other top clubs being ran with 70-50% of our staff size. Timing is very poor though and warrants criticism in this time.
Interesting stuff. Wasn't aware that we operate with so much more staff than most PL clubs.

If its the case then maybe they would have gone anyway but the money would have geniunely be used on keeping other staff. I never really thought of it like that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There's a vid of him on a zoom call (with Prince Charles there too for some reason) talking about it and how the players all decided to do it to help the staff and how good it made them all feel. Someone with better internet voodoo than me
It’s still quite possible that they saved jobs. They should still feel good about themselves. They made a sacrifice regardless. Mesut can’t though. Gunnersaurus still hasn’t been paid either.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People still on this 'How can Özil not be in the 25 man squad, he's so much more talented than other players in it, it makes no sense'

How many times can it be said that he wasn't dropped from the squad because he wasn't gifted enough as a footballer to be in it.

The manager and club have both specifically stated that he was dropped for 'footballing reasons'

That reason covers many more things than talent. Effort in training, ability to adapt to what the manger wants, mentality, attitude, influence on the squad etc etc
As I’ve said before, the paycut refusal could even be deemed “footballing reasons”.

blaze_of_glory

It’s still quite possible that they saved jobs. They should still feel good about themselves. They made a sacrifice regardless. Mesut can’t though. Gunnersaurus still hasn’t been paid either.
Dont' be so sure.

Also, weren't there at least two other players who didn't take the paycut?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
As I’ve said before, the paycut refusal could even be deemed “footballing reasons”.

Initially I didn't think so. But if Özil's refusal caused some disharmony or fracturing in the dressing room, I'm coming around to the idea that it could have been a factor.
Arteta does seem to value team spirit and a unified front in his squad highly.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Again I reiterate, Özil didn't play after lockdown. Wasn't involved input fa cup run. I'm sure he would've been told he's surplus to requirement. If he cared about football he would've moved on loan. He didn't, it comes to no surprise he's not in the squad he hasn't played in ages. Now he's crying foul when he knew full well that he's not wanted.

I can't believe people can't see through Özil's bullshit. His ego is hurt...serves him right thinking he is above the club and the manager...from taking random holidays when Wenger was manager to petulant behaviour with Emery and then not taking a wage cut, whilst all the senior players did.

Honestly the guy needs to **** off, he's stinking up the place....wish he showed this kind of desire and resolve on the pitch then off it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Is it only me spotting the double standards of your analogy ? If you tell a player with a year to go on his contract face to face he is not in the plans for this season as a Director of football , what is the next stage ? The player has to immediately pack their locker and start looking for a next destination simply because he wants to prove he loves football / is not a money grabber / mercenary etc. Do you even understand the world of football transfers and negotiations? Edu should call Özil and his agent to make that statement only once they have prepared a pay or severance package to include his wages in full and agree to write off his contract. It is utter disrespect for Edu to even attempt that without doing his homework. Özil picked up an 8m bonus is September. Who would walk out on that at his age knowing the average footballer career is 34/35? Are you mad ? Pay him up and show him the door is what he asked them.

The double standards of this saga sickens me. We expect Edu to be the master negotiator when he is in front of Aulas but we don’t expect Aulas or Aour’s agent or Özil’s agent to also be a master negotiator. When he uses this same dumb approach to negotiate and fail with the Aoûar deal we blame Aulas and blame the player agent for demanding a big fee. Really? Why can’t we be objective and start understanding these individuals are like me and you and can mess things up too ? I am sure if the Partey deal was not a release clause we would have messed it up! In fact we spent all summer sleeping in front of their gates with Lucas and Douzi plus cash. Only to deal in the last minute and look smug like we had a clue. Players and agents should be stupid and give in to Edu because he is employed by Arsenal.

Arsenal is run by humans like you and me. Who can make terrible decisions like giving Cedric a 4 year contract. Yes 4 years extension. If you want to call Özil and his agent to inform them you no longer need his services , make sure you have his one year payment of his final year on the table. You cannot eat your cake and have it. They thought that would push him to look for a new club and free the wage bill to accommodate Auba etc . Good and fine , but do it the right way. He asked to be paid up or he stays to see out his contract. They said okay and decided to freeze him out because they did it have it their way.

Every presser Arteta has been blabbing around , kicking the ball into the tall grass , clean slate bla bla , 120 % in training etc all unconvincing attempts at not providing clear visibility on the issue.

I support Arsenal but would not allow them go into a negotiation like cocks if you ask me. You remember the 40m plus one pound for Suarez? That is an individual who made that stupid decision which cost us the player. Utter disrespect for the selling party. Today the saga has been stuck to Arsenal as a club and we are ridiculed for it. When the story of Özil is confirmed it would be the utter madness of an individual but the club will have been tainted by it and so will our fans.

I will not get into another Suarez discussion... I will not get into anot---

Pere Guaridola, his agent, said there was a clause and only only needed to go over 40m to activate it and more than one source confirmed -and this is the important bit- that Liverpool were never going to sell him to us regardless of the existence of any clauses.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I won't get into another Suarez discussion... I will jot get into anot---

Pere Guaridola, his agent, said there was a clause and only only needed to go over 40m to activate it and more than one source confirmed -and this is the important bit- that Liverpool were never going to sell him to us regardless of the existence of any clauses.

There wasn't a clear cut clause, that was the issue. Suarez would've had to take it to court which he didn't want to, a bit like the Messi situation. However imagine if we signed Suarez, probably would've wonthe league at least once by now.

El Duderino

Sigh.... This is now another one of those endless Arsenal related discussions, like Suarez and gnabry before it, that people will keep miss remembering.

At this point, with the Suarez Effect and the gnabry constant, I ight as well write about Schrodingers Özil and turn it into a three part academic book.

El Duderino

There wasn't a clear cut clause, that was the issue. Suarez would've had to take it to court which he didn't want to, a bit like the Messi situation. However imagine if we signed Suarez, probably would've wonthe league at least once by now.

It still doesn't change the point that we were not wrong in the way we activated it. Plus, IIRC, an arbitration court did check out the contract and there was nothing we could do.

It's not our fault that Pere Guaridola can't ****ing read a contract. We were acting on the grounds the players agent had set for us.

Finesse

I will not get into another Suarez discussion... I will not get into anot---

Yes there was a 40M verbal " one source confirmed". Did we need to add 1 pound to it? Why are you deliberately refusing to acknowledge the pettiness in that offer? This incensed Liverpool. Typical excuse....they were never going to sell to us regardless.

GDeep™

League is very weak

But he started all of the Arteta games pre pay cut?

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Mesut or Guendouzi had both got on their knees for Arteta they would be playing now.

Mesut on his knees telling his master Arteta that he would happily take a pay cut with no questions etc.

Not saying Arteta is wrong btw, I can accept Mesut not taking a pay cut can be seen as him not buying into the new culture.

Finesse

Again I reiterate, Özil didn't play after lockdown. Wasn't involved input fa cup run. I'm sure he would've been told he's surplus to requirement. If he cared about football he would've moved on loan. He didn't, it comes to no surprise he's not in the squad he hasn't played in ages. Now he's crying foul when he knew full well that he's not wanted.

Özil cares about his life and family and uses football as a trade to ensure they are happy. He does not live to work. Would you with a year to run on your deal , accept to lose an 8M bonus and 1 year wages of 350K a week from your employer and change jobs because you care about work ? Then you do not understand why any player is in football in the first place. It is like saying you are an Arsenal fan , to watch them play but not win. Just watch them play and chant daily while you do not win. Good man ! Such a loyal man. You love football and the club and should be content with not winning right? Tell me which player plays football not for the money? Then we can proceed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom