<

Mesut Özil: These Öz Ain't Loyal

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Why do you believe he's been left out?

1. Just football reasons

2. Criticism of China

3. Paycut refusal

4. A bit of everything

5. Mods should ban kash2 from the thread

6. Mods should ban Oxeki and Jury from the forum

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Criticisimg him for bad performances is not 'bashing'
    And also calling out the Özil acolytes who are nut-riding him is fair.

No one bashed Özil. We've simply pointed out that his achievement at Arsenal is overrated.

2. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

He is, most of the fans that defend him are not true Arsenal fans. You dont always agree with what the club does, but you stand by the club.

James Bond, Jae, Macho and 3 others like this.
  3. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

You seem to be buying and drinking the cool aid if you think it is for football reasons. I understand you believing Arteta but I don’t. There are other reasons and the omission of the aforementioned players are in my opinion punitive.

There is nothing to suggest that Mari can or has contributed more to Arsenal than Sokratis or Özil and his omission until next January would not have been detrimental. Especially in light of the fact that he has basically been absent since he got here in January. This fact alone makes your argument about space moot. Mari has been a no show. Omitting him would not have any negative effect on the team.

kash2 likes this.
  4. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Not if the club is engaging in all manner of ****ery.

kash2 likes this.
  5. Sanchez11

No, you support the club what ever happens!!

6. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Still figuring out how the heck will we replace those 2 assists this season.

lamby22, Taxi Driver, musoke and 8 others like this.
  7. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

You can kind of see where the divide lays between the two different sides on this thread.

On the pro Özil side, the only metric being used is talent. Everything else is irrelevant. That's why they can't compute why Özil isn't in the 25 man squad, it's mind boggling to them because he certainly is talented enough as a player.

On the anti Özil side, talent is only one of many factors being put into the equation. Ability to follow the managers instructions, commitment, effort, squad cohesion / stability, training levels, mentality etc.

My personal opinion is that Wenger was very soft with him and let him get away with pretty much doing as he wished because he adored him so much as a talent. You could kind of justify the special treatment when Özil was a match winner and game changer, which he was. He stopped being that quite some time ago though. I think Özil got too accustomed to that treatment and with the previous 2.5 managers ( If you include Freddie) he's basically thrown his toys out of the pram when he's not been kowtowed to or got the treatment he would have under Wenger.

Alarm bells should be ringing that Mesut has had issues with each manager post Wenger, to be honest.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Elwood, musoke, 254Giant and 3 others like this.
  8. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

You think if he was playing well and putting in top performances weekly, the club would want him out?
    If the club was engaging in ****ery, they won't have given him that big contract.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Jury likes this.
  9. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

FFS the elite thread titles continue.

10. Sanchez11

Imho I think if we were competing for the title and had a better squad at the time, he would not have got as big a contract. We were desperate or should i say baldy was, not to lose Özil and Sanchez at the same time.

Oxeki likes this.
  11. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Sokratis played how much under Arteta after the Covid restart? He doesn't fit his play style. Mari is a left footed CB which we know Arteta wants. He'll be backup for Gab. Once he plays a half he'll have shown himself more useful for arteta than Sokratis.

As for Özil... Sick of talking about him. If Arteta thought he'd make the side better he'd be playing him as he's obsessed with winning.

It's a footballing reason decision. But that's more complex than who can hit the best through ball.

12. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

This thread has died one death too many now anyway. Every time I open it, I feel like a serial killer going back into the woods to knock one out over a victims corpse.

CaseUteinberger and Godwin1 like this.
  13. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

What's struck me as odd in this is that the same pundits who have called Özil lazy, soft and overpaid for 4 years now are lamenting his absence and acting like the club jettisoned prime Zidane for no reason. It's really very strange. How can you be in the media saying that there's no place for him and then when Arteta comes to that conclusion, respond like he's shot Lassie?

musoke, CaseUteinberger, Riou and 2 others like this.
  14. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

This is so funny, i actually think Kash is a parody account :lol::lol:

15. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Kav and Kash sounds like comedy duo from the 90s sure you both aren't related?

16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Is there a photo? Does the guy look like a psychotic, middle-aged Malaysian stalker?

17. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

the bum squad wants us to back some intangible undefined "club" blindly. Stans stans.

The club is the people of the club. The staff, the players and the fans. A trump supporter buys the club, clears out the long serving manager, staff, players, does shady deals with agents and takes the club to 8th place while playing turgid football that makes your eyes bleed,!and there are nincompoops posting crap about fatwas and corpses and calls for backing this blindly.

bum squad indeed

18. Sanchez11

The club will always be here, Stan will not.

Blood on the Tracks likes this.
  19. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Once again you're wrong , you shouldn't be so presumptuous. On the topic of his contract it is my opinion that the contract he was given is an absolute joke. It literally has been a problem for the club ever since, because other players use it as a metric to make their own salary demands.

Never met the guy, don't know anything about him other than on here.

No way you can honestly say that Mari in 2 games has done more than Sokratis. :red:

kash2 likes this.
  20. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

neither factual nor meaningful.. please spout inane cliches to the mirror first before trying them out here.

dont be a stan fan .. be a true fan.:red: