• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
yes. Özil is a phenomenon. He overcame all offs and never bent down. Not to the media, not to the racists, not to the brexity incel fans, not to the German FA and not to frikkin trump supporting Stan Kroenke.

For 2yrs plus they tried to humiliate him, bury him, slander him, ostracize him and sideline him. And yet he stands there unbowed, one of the most talented, most highly paid and most followed and admired footballers of the last decade.

Raul gone, Emery gone and now its time for Stan to go.

Its quite bizarre isn't it? The perpetual issues the poor fella has to overcome. Even stretching way back to when his dad sued him over the Arsenal transfer.

Whats the old saying? If you bump into an @sshole in the morning, meet an @sshole in the afternoon and another @sshole in the evening then.......

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Raul gone, Emery gone and now its time for Stan to go.
:lol: yeah right

Arteta is going before Özil goes.
New manager will probably include Özil in the squads and the cycle will be renewed. Will be for the last time at least.

GDeep™

League is very weak
:lol: yeah right

Arteta is going before Özil goes.
New manager will probably include Özil in the squads and the cycle will be renewed. Will be for the last time at least.
You’re not serious? Arteta will have to lose 10 games in a row or something to have his job under threat. He’s a long term project who is very safe at Arsenal.

Özil on the other hand will be talking to new clubs in the next 8 weeks.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For all the talk about "playmaking talent of his generation" i have been fed by the past 10 years one has to wonder why RM sold him in the first place

Because they wanted Bale who is a far superior player and needed to make space in the squad for him. It was a choice between sacrificing Di Maria or Özil, they opted to keep Di Maria due to his versatility.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You’re not serious? Arteta will have to lose 10 games in a row or something to have his job under threat. He’s a long term project who is very safe at Arsenal.

Özil on the other hand will be talking to new clubs in the next 8 weeks.
We'll see.

His saving grace atm is the FA Cup win and no fans at the Emirates moaning and groaning at 0-0. Half joking I guess.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
For all the talk about "playmaking talent of his generation" i have been fed by the past 10 years one has to wonder why RM sold him in the first place

Carlo Ancelotti took over who made it clear he was going for a 433 without a 10 and they needed money to fund Gareth Bale. Was that 13/14 season when Di Maria was played centrally and had that massive season for Real. They had brought in another 10 in Isco, but he only played around 3000 minutes in comparison to mainstays like Di Maria or Modric with around 4000 minutes. 14/15 Isco was already mostly playing on the left due to Ancelotti's use of 433 back then.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Because they wanted Bale who is a far superior player and needed to make space in the squad for him. It was a choice between sacrificing Di Maria or Özil, they opted to keep Di Maria due to his versatility.
'Versatility' doesn't really sound like a strong enough case for getting rid of what some people call the best number 10 of our generation.

By the way Di Maria ended up being maybe their best performer when they won the CL the season Özil left (after not having won it since 2002), he has been an underrated player even at PSG where he was better than Neymar and Mbappe in their lead up to the CL final last season.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Carlo Ancelotti took over who made it clear he was going for a 433 without a 10 and they needed money to fund Gareth Bale. Was that 13/14 season when Di Maria was played centrally and had that massive season for Real. They had brought in another 10 in Isco, but he only played around 3000 minutes in comparison to mainstays like Di Maria or Modric with around 4000 minutes. 14/15 Isco was already mostly playing on the left due to Ancelotti's use of 433 back then.

Yeah fair enough, great answer. Thought Ancelotti had been there since '12 but i got that wrong.
Di Maria was great that season, felt so off that they sold him the next summer.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't see anyone better than him or doing anything earth shattering while we continued to drop him. Guess I'll stake my bets with someone who at least has a proven track record.

What has Özil proved? Even at his prime he never proved himself capable of turning up for the entire season, and the current Özil is a pale shadow of prime Özil. He has 4 assists in 2 seasons, Willian has 2 assists in 5 games, has a far better record than Özil in recent years and yet is being **** on by Arsenal fans.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Its quite bizarre isn't it? The perpetual issues the poor fella has to overcome. Even stretching way back to when his dad sued him over the Arsenal transfer.

Whats the old saying? If you bump into an @sshole in the morning, meet an @sshole in the afternoon and another @sshole in the evening then.......
...... you have let the bum squad infest your forum

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What has Özil proved? Even at his prime he never proved himself capable of turning up for the entire season, and the current Özil is a pale shadow of prime Özil. He has 4 assists in 2 seasons, Willian has 2 assists in 5 games, has a far better record than Özil in recent years and yet is being **** on by Arsenal fans.
ok mate. Özil is not going to play anyway so I think this neeeds to end here.

As a matter of fact, I was constantly wish-listing Willian a few seasons ago. So don't accuse me of having anything against Willian.

But Willian is a bum now, just like you think Özil is one.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

8 more months until this clown disappears and takes his fanboys with him. I'm counting the days
hopefully arteta the most negative manager in the league is gone before him. Until then Özil will be used as an attack on Artetas football. Özil represent everything that goes against Artetas football

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arteta was public enemy no.1 on here a long time ago—some just tried their best to hold it in and appear sensible. But all the while they were just waiting for the team to lose a few games before the coast was clear. @Oxeki called it weeks ago and was shouted down :lol:

But now there are a few crawling about, more will surface. Typical safety in numbers stuff.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta was public enemy no.1 on here a long time ago—some just tried their best to hold it in and appear sensible. But all the while they were just waiting for the team to lose a few games before the coast was clear. @Oxeki called it weeks ago and was shouted down :lol:

But now there are a few crawling about, more will surface. Typical safety in numbers stuff.
They're a patient bunch. They've been waiting in the wings and sharpening their knifes for when we hit a poor run of form :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

why does it have to be Player X Arteta?

I think a logical conclusion from our matches would be that we are tinkering too much, and not playing our best players in their best positions.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Mod Edit: STOP QUOTING HIM HE HAS YOU ON IGNORE FFS EVERY DAY WE TELL YOU THIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom