• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I honestly believe he was pretty much choosing what games he'd play under Wenger.
As if Wenger would allow a player to have that power over him. You’re not questioning only Özil, but Wenger too.

Btw, at Madrid, Jose would regularly take Özil off after an hour. This is just man management.

scytheavatar

Established Member
As if Wenger would allow a player to have that power over him. You’re not questioning only Özil, but Wenger too.

Btw, at Madrid, Jose would regularly take Özil off after an hour. This is just man management.

Wenger himself more or less admitted that Özil is a player you need bend over for:

The way football is going at the moment it's quick counter-pressing, quick transitions and everybody plays the same. It's kicked out players like Özil. Although let's not forget who this guy is. A world champion who has played at Real Madrid. He's been the record player of assists, so you have to find a way to get him involved again.

In another words even though tactics wise Özil should be dropped you still need to find a way to play him. Because he is Özil. Which is complete utter bullshit.

Ifly_Gooner

Wenger himself more or less admitted that Özil is a player you need bend over for:

In another words even though tactics wise Özil should be dropped you still need to find a way to play him. Because he is Özil. Which is complete utter bullshit.

So, you mean to say in our current squad there is no place/need for a creative player like Özil. Do you really believe having him in the lineup would be detrimental for the team. I don't.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

There's no way Özil was as ill as often as he claimed to be, I just can't buy it. He generally missed non super important games when he was 'ill' something weird was going on in my opinion and Wenger was protecting him I believe.

Taking a player off after an hour or so is totally different to a player missing random games.

I'm not claiming this to be a fact but I've heard rumours that Özil was suffering mental health issues and that's where the 'illnesses' came from. Wenger was protecting him. As I said, maybe it's not true, but it would explain a lot.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
So, you mean to say in our current squad there is no place/need for a creative player like Özil. Do you really believe having him in the lineup would be detrimental for the team. I don't.

I think having Özil in the lineup would make jack **** of a difference, cause he would at best give us 1-2 more goals every 5 games. That's way too little to make up for our deficiencies. The problem with our squad are deep rooted and cannot be solved just by a creative player, one who has led our last 2 managers to their demise.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I've changed my mind. Let's put Özil back in the squad in January.

There's no way Özil was as ill as often as he claimed to be, I just can't buy it. He generally missed non super important games when he was 'ill' something weird was going on in my opinion and Wenger was protecting him I believe.

Taking a player off after an hour or so is totally different to a player missing random games.

I'm not claiming this to be a fact but I've heard rumours that Özil was suffering mental health issues and that's where the 'illnesses' came from. Wenger was protecting him. As I said, maybe it's not true, but it would explain a lot.
Don’t the see the point of discussing this, you’re basing this on nothing but rumours or guesswork.

When he did miss games, we were told it was through illness and back issues, which I have no reason to doubt.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Don’t the see the point of discussing this, you’re basing this on nothing but rumours or guesswork.

When he did miss games, we were told it was through illness and back issues, which I have no reason to doubt.

Rumours and guesswork are whole basis for the whole pro Özil narrative on here, pay cut / china stuff etc :lol:.

The club also told us Özil was left out of the squad for purely footballing reasons, which there isn't any reason to doubt if you're using that logic either.

A player being dropped for not performing up to the level required in training is much easier to believe than a player frequently missing games through multiple illnesses. It was like 6 separate short term illnesses a season by the end, that's not normal at all however you spin it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rumours and guesswork are whole basis for the whole pro Özil base on here, pay cut narrative / china stuff etc :lol:.
You’re pulling stuff out of the sky though, you’re accusing him of faking illness and injury and now mentioning mental illness. At least the pay cut narrative is based on something real.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

You’re pulling stuff out of the sky though, you’re accusing him of faking illness and injury and now mentioning mental illness. At least the pay cut narrative is based on something real.

I'm not accusing him of anything, I said they were rumours.

No reasonable person would buy the illnesses stuff, it happened way too frequently. I think Wenger was trying to protect him in with the illness cover stories. That's all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not accusing him of anything, I said they were rumours.

No reasonable person would buy the illnesses stuff, it happened way too frequently. I think Wenger was trying to protect him in with the illness cover stories. That's all.
You’re accusing him of faking injury and illness, which then also questions Wenger. That’s what you’re alluding to, no point beating around the bush.

Me on the other hand, will accept he DID have the back, knee, illness issues that were mentioned. I have nothing to suggest otherwise.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

You’re accusing him of faking injury and illness, which then also questions Wenger. That’s what you’re alluding to, no point beating around the bush.

Me on the other hand, will accept he DID have the back, knee, illness issues that were mentioned. I have nothing to suggest otherwise.

I never did what you're claiming. I said it was a rumour. I never claimed it was a fact. In fact if those rumours were true it would actually make me view Mesut in more a sympathetic light and increase my respect for Wenger even more. I'm not disparaging anyone.

So you're happy to take the the club on their word in terms of injuries, illnesses Mesut sustained etc But when it comes to the reason he was dropped you can't take the club at their word....Okay, no point in carrying on the conversation then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom