• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Özil fans looking for the next person to blame.

source.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They'll stay quite like always and Arteta will give his usual answer.
They leaked all that stuff about Guendouzi acting like a **** behind the scenes, but we've heard nothing like that about Özil. Something else is going on.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How has he gone from playing every match before lockdown to training with the U23 team?

Yeah that's anyone's guess but atm if he wants to stay and play, then there's only one way back into the team. I don't think any of the players on the bench deserve to be dropped for him just like that.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Training with U23 is strange managers don't drop senior players to train with youngsters unless there have been a problem or a bad attitude

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
All parties are to blame

Arsenal for harshly dropping him out for matchdays

Özil himself for not considering offers when he knows he won't be playing

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This is ridiculous, the club owe the fans an explanation,
Some things don’t need explaining, sorry man.

But I mean if you want to go through it

- the well timed interview
- The club clearly trying to move him on, him refusing to move
- his performances over the past 3 years
- His twitter games
- Critism for forced pay cuts (he wasn’t wrong here)
- China (he wasn’t wrong in what he said)

but yeah man off the top of my head. Any one of those or a combination of those normally sees you training with the U23’s in most clubs you know.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Training with U23 is strange managers don't drop senior players to train with youngsters unless there have been a problem or a bad attitude
Praying for a miracle this convinces him to leave but just can't see it at all. Özil not playing doesn't bother him at all

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Praying for a miracle this convinces him to leave but just can't see it at all. Özil not playing doesn't bother him at all
Him and his agent already said they not interested to leave. Only solution is to cancel his contract but will cost us over 15m

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The next likely move is we'll likely not register him in the squad. Not classy but if Arteta don't want to use him so what the point register him .

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Some things don’t need explaining, sorry man.

But I mean if you want to go through it

- the well timed interview
- The club clearly trying to move him on, him refusing to move
- his performances over the past 3 years
- His twitter games

- Critism for forced pay cuts (he wasn’t wrong here)
- China (he wasn’t wrong in what he said)

but yeah man off the top of my head. Any one of those or a combination of those normally sees you training with the U23’s in most clubs you know.
Some of those things happened before lockdown, and he was still playing. You don't find it odd that he's been completely ostracised since? If he was a troublemaker behind the scenes, it would've leaked by now. The young players are always liking his posts on social media so I don't think he's on their bad side either.

Forcing someone to train with the U23 squad is a symbolic gesture as much as anything. He could've trained with the first-team players who didn't play against West Ham.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think it’s any deeper than the fact they want him gone and he won’t go (despite having offers). He fits nowhere in this current 3-4-3 formation anyway so Arteta probably doesn’t give a **** about leaving him out. Not taking the pay cut has also probably ruined the relationship between the manager and the player as well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Some of those things happened before lockdown, and he was still playing. You don't find it odd that he's been completely ostracised since?
This was one of Raul's final acts as he was heading out - right around when he started Aubameyang's renewal, Gabriel's signing and slapped the 20m price tag on Martinez

This was post lockdown so, they were always trying to get rid tbh. The Athletic confirmed this too.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Fcuking Everton having a blast with Richarlison and James in the team while we bloody making our playmaker sit at home
No offence to you personally but this is exactly why this thread is pointless

Even after years of mediocrity and everything that’s occurred one side still thinks there is someone else to blame and he still has something to offer.

The majority can clearly see there is a player here who is finished at the top level and is collecting his wages and nothing more.

The ones who can’t clearly have a personal bias for Özil as a character and the two can’t be separated, the discussion just goes back and forth.

And for all the people who can actually see it for what it is all I’ll say is this player really is not worth the time or attention he gets given.

You aren’t changing the opinions of the people who are still somehow defending him and discussion about him as a player is just a negative stain on our club and our fan base.

He doesn’t deserve it. He stopped being an arsenal player a long time ago in my eyes, and I’m sure he wouldn’t disagree with me on this statement (his PR company will though #yargundoganyar).

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No offence to you personally but this is exactly why this thread is pointless

Even after years of mediocrity and everything that’s occurred one side still thinks there is someone else to blame and he still has something to offer.

The majority can clearly see there is a player here who is finished at the top level and is collecting his wages and nothing more.

The ones who can’t clearly have a personal bias for Özil as a character and the two can’t be separated, the discussion just goes back and forth.

And for all the people who can actually see it for what it is all I’ll say is this player really is not worth the time or attention he gets given.

You aren’t changing the opinions of the people who are still somehow defending him and discussion about him as a player is just a negative stain on our club and our fan base.

He doesn’t deserve it. He stopped being an arsenal player a long time ago in my eyes, and I’m sure he wouldn’t disagree with me on this statement (his PR company will though #yargundoganyar).
you are contradicting your own post. you cannot prove that he is useless because he is not playing.

Even Ian Wright doesn't think that he is useless. I'll prefer his opinion to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom