• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divided_Pie

And even if that were true, are you suggesting nobody else in this thread wants to be proven right by their post history? Hello?

This is absurd. What a ridiculous, blatant, double standard. Worrying stuff.
What are you on about? I am assuming this is just blatant trolling but regardless,

I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of you claiming to be a purely objective observer who doesn't care why Özil is being left out.

Of course people like being proven right, that's why people waste time on online forums. Generally speaking, however, most people who post as prolifically as you do in this thread wouldn't make claims that they don't care about the outcome of a years-long campaign they've been leading.

Özil the footballer is long since finished at Arsenal.
Özil the shirt seller/social media influencer to the muslim world still had some mileage when he signed that new contract. The Kroenkes knew as much, albeit maybe expecting more from Özil the footballer and here we now are as its backfired on them by him screwing them over with China et al. As for Özil the footballer, I think the fact he now cant even get in the Arsenal squad says it all and the debate is finished as to what/whether he will contribute for us.
To put him down as some business loss is naïve as well. Özil is and was an extremely marketable commodity to a certain type of person (I wont say Arsenal fans as they aren't), the Kroenke's, I'm sure have had their moneys worth in fact. This doesn't sit well with me given how much he's played just after the contract and how little he's returned as a footballer. Was he in there just for shirt sales at one stage? The football went off a cliff exactly straight after certainly.
Nonetheless as shown by this board the Özil faithful will happily stroke the shaft, lick the balls and merrily swallow the gravy for their now totally inactive hero. Even if he clubbed baby seals/committed war crimes against Armenians for his buddy they would find an excuse for him.

His influence in the Muslim world is little overrated. Maybe back in 2010 when there weren't many high profile Muslim footballers from immigrant background it was true. Now with the likes of Salah, Pogba, Benzema, Mahrez, Fekir, Mane, Kante, Gundogan, Mendy etc., Özil is not the only face of the Muslim world. In fact, Turkey have a bad relationship with many Arab countries.

If Özil makes massive money for the club through merchandize, then why don't Italian or Spanish clubs take him. His wages could be easily offloaded through shirt sales ?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What are you on about? I am assuming this is just blatant trolling but regardless,

I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of you claiming to be a purely objective observer who doesn't care why Özil is being left out.

Of course people like being proven right, that's why people waste time on online forums. Generally speaking, however, most people who post as prolifically as you do in this thread wouldn't make claims that they don't care about the outcome of a years-long campaign they've been leading.
I’ve simply been feeding off scraps and guessing just the same as everyone else has been. Arteta has been the clearest so far and that’s who I still believe has given the biggest pointer as to why he’s not playing. That’s not my fault...

Why is yours and others interpretations of various scraps of info superior or more valid than mine?

For clarity: I couldn’t give a toss why he’s not playing because when you see a player as a disruptive, disrespectful waste of resources, you tend to want them as far away from the club as possible at any cost. My club.

Infact, if it does transpire that he was excluded for every reason BUT footballing reasons, i’ll piss my pants laughing at this point. I’ll count that as another victory. A campaign? Bit melodramatic when you think this is just a meaningless opinion/view/wish on a football forum ffs!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Today's the day we can finally close this thread and replace it with an Özil appreciation thread!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Nope, I’m hearing he’s going to be included, so this one runs, my sweet, tortured young G, :drool:
EkjDPA2U0AIQfs2

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No surprise really he'll stay beyond January too he won't leave there is off field problems with club and he will not make it any easier.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Loved him as a player but let’s be honest people like Özil/Bale haven’t been interested in playing the game for 2 years now. Sad sad sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom