• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why do we assume that any backlash from China would be immediate?

Huge assumption that underpins a very common counter argument.
They cancelled broadcasting our match against Man City and removed him from Fifa games over there instantly tbh.

After the club distanced themselves from his views Arsenal were back (I think). Don’t have articles to hand but I also don’t think it’s China gate tbh.

Bellerin hashtagged f*ck Boris, club didn’t blink. Scared to bring up politics cause of the unhinged in here but yeah. I think it’s something else as to why he’s not playing.

blaze_of_glory

Could well be a confluence of things, I don't think it's far fetched to think there's influence from China though. No reason to think that just becuase he played after there has been no pressure there. The wage cut issue on top of that (which by they way he ended up being right about since they laid off all those staff anyway), club looking to save money from avoiding paying out bonuses, his own attitude at times, etc.

Dj_sds -

He doesn’t have a problem with Madrid. Germany have since apologised for how they treated him and Arteta doesn’t seem to have a problem with him.

Allow the fake news g.

Not fake news, just facts bro.

- Was sold at Real because they felt he could be improved upon, and they did.
- Was criticized at the German NT for poor performances. The German FA apologized for their handling of the racist abuse he received for supporting Erdogan.
- Was made a captain by Emery then dropped.
- Was played by Arteta then dropped.

I find it odd that Özil's supporters can't separate criticism for his on field performances from repercussions for his off field statements. But to be honest, nothing surprises me anymore. From his supporters and the man himself.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Untitled.jpg

he deleted this for some reason
why would he do so, very bizarre to delete the tweet. Genuinely considering he's been gagged by the club

Reactions: A_G

gamechannel

Not fake news, just facts bro.

- Was sold at Real because they felt he could be improved upon, and they did.
- Was criticized at the German NT for poor performances. The German FA apologized for their handling of the racist abuse he received for supporting Erdogan.
- Was made a captain by Emery then dropped.
- Was played by Arteta then dropped.

I find it odd that Özil's supporters can't separate criticism for his on field performances from repercussions for his off field statements. But to be honest, nothing surprises me anymore. From his supporters and the man himself.

Take the tainted glasses off.

- Real Madrid sold Özil and Di Maria in the same window to raise funds for other transfers thanks to their Galactico fetish as Ancelotti had arrived as the new coach and didn't fancy these 2 players. So if you use Ancelotti as a barometer to judge Ozils lack of ability, the same Ancelotti also got rid of Di Maria who a lot of Arsenal fans will give both their testicles to sign.

- Germany FA put all the blame on Özil for their failed world cup campaign when he was actually one of their better performers. The blame was primarily resulting from the German FAs political agenda which used Ozils photo with Erdogan as an excuse to vilify him. German FA recently admitted that they did not handle his case properly and accepted the blame for it.

- Emery was the same idiot who first banished him and then went crawling back to him. So Emery has no ground to stand on. He even clearly said that the decision to not play him was made at the board level.

- Arteta played him in every single game before the lockdown. Once Özil refused the pay cut without the needed transparency from the club, Arteta stopped picking him post lockdown. Me thinks the board and Arteta decided it mutually for non football reasons.

Its cute that you have a narrative in your head. But just cuz you think it, its not a fact.

Dj_sds -

Take the tainted glasses off.

- Real Madrid sold Özil and Di Maria in the same window to raise funds for other transfers thanks to their Galactico fetish as Ancelotti had arrived as the new coach and didn't fancy these 2 players. And no, they didn't improve under Ancelotti who was later fired.

- Germany FA put all the blame on Özil for their failed world cup campaign when he was actually one of their better performers. The blame was primarily resulting from the German FAs political agenda which used Ozils photo with Erdogan as an excuse to vilify him. German FA recently admitted that they did not handle his case properly and accepted the blame for it.

- Emery was the same idiot who first banished him and then went crawling back to him. So Emery has no ground to stand on. He even clearly said that the decision to not play him was made at the board level.

- Arteta played him in every single game before the lockdown. Once Özil refused the pay cut without the needed transparency from the club, Arteta stopped picking him post lockdown. Me thinks the board and Arteta decided it mutually for non football reasons.

Its cute that you have a narrative in your head. But just cuz you think it, its not a fact.

Ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom