• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Wenger never managed to fit those players together. I don’t know where this revisionism is coming from. that is why he is no longer an Arsenal manager. Isn’t it?

It all failed. The team was mechanical and disjointed. With just a slight bit of pressure, press, intensity from any half decent team got us beaten or we drew.

That is why we were struggling to make Top 4.
That is why we dropped out of the Top 4 for the first time in like 18 years. That is why we finished 5th, then finished 6th..... before wenger got the boot. If he was not sacked we would still have continued sliding down the table.

Wenger failed to make Santi, Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey work. That is why we were getting accustomed to being humiliated by the other Big clubs on a consistent basis. Remember those constant 6-3, 6-0, 5-2, 5-1, 4-0, losing to the likes of Bayern something like 10-2 on aggregate etc..

That is why the likes of Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez then run down their contracts and two of them were snapped up by the other big club.

People seem to start making up things about the past thinking we all can’t remember.

Same with this “We miss Özil’s creativity” myth. The same people played it during Emery’s time. Did it when Ljumberg took over. Now the same myth is being resurrected by the Özil fans. But when reintroduced he kept stinking up the place.

What kind of creativity is that when Özil has struggled to got over 9 assists per season in all his time here? He only ever got more than 9 assists once in all his time here (2015/16). That’s that.

9 assists out of 38 games per season at best. How is that even serious? And assisting is the only thing his fanbase want him to do. “Don’t ask Özil to defend, don’t ask him to trackback, don’t ask him t score goal, don’t ask him to press, don’t ask him run about, don’t expect him to dominate games etc”. But then all we should expect is less than 10 assists per season?

Has been struggling to make 5 assists per season for like 5 seasons now.

Got about 4 assists for the last 2 seasons. But but we miss Özil’s creativity....?

It just don’t make any sense. :lol:

Absolute flames. I wish I could like this more than once.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I can do 40s. Can I have 350k per week?
Poor form, and im not talking about his performances post contract. He should let the dumbells come down a bit more.

But holy **** 32KG's? Wtf Mesut you don't look that strong. More than I can do atm :/

Not to be THAT guy, but its a bit of a myth that you have to come so deep doing flat bench.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I did 6 reps at 27.5 yesterday evening and was delighted as it was the most I've ever done using dumbbells. :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I can do 40s. Can I have 350k per week?

Not to be THAT guy, but its a bit of a myth that you have to come so deep doing flat bench.
Maybe I should stop doing it then, it will probably increase the weight I can lift. ****ing hell 40's? Thats crazy man. I do 26s.

Really feeling **** right now because I sprained my wrist last week and it still hasnt recovered. Craving the gym, and now the UK is about to go into lockdown....

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Poor form, and im not talking about his performances post contract. He should let the dumbells come down a bit more.

But holy **** 32KG's? Wtf Mesut you don't look that strong. More than I can do atm :/
Fitness team has them half-repping weight 20-40% higher than they should be lifting, brilliant stuff. No wonder we have a rich history of injury problems.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Interesting, never knew that. Surprised at that if I'm being honest. @Rimaal also surprised they've stuck some deal with the Israelis, although anything to help normalise the middle east is welcomed.

The other points still hold. Would a manager accept outside interference and would the British State accept a foreign nation blackmailing a British company?

Too many simply want to see cause and effect. And thats fine you can paint a picture that way if you want to. And in doing so ignore the decling form of Mesut Özil, that the previous manager ommited him for large periods, the fact that we are currently playing a 343 formation and Özil doesn't fit into it. That even when presented with a perfect opportunity to change formation against an Irish league side we still played the same formation.

Özil simply doesn't fit. The club want rid and the manager doesn't fancy him. It happens.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Laca can pull it off with his ass for sure but that's a lot. But aren't pro athletes ridiculously strong even if they don't look it?
If they’re 32kg he is indeed stronger than he looks. Yeah, I suppose athletes who train hard every day on cardio and other aerobics, and eat relatively well will be stronger than they look. I’m fairly sure I’d still finish him in under 30 seconds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom