• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Özil can't leave politics alone :lol: I'm interested to see what he'll be after retire from football

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I honestly have no idea why Jury and Oxeki are being singled out when there are posters that are doing the exact same thing on other threads.
Sometimes discussing players bums and fat levels
It’s just bantz... They know what’s up ;)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Ofc he will venture in to finance...sigh

My boy mo could never. He will take up a wholesome gardening firm when done with soccer

Levels to this game

Bloodbather

Established Member

I've avoided posting about this Özil issue during my time here thus far, even though, being a Turkish person, the Uyghur and Erdoğan controversies are much closer to me than the average AM poster and I have strong opinions about both of them. I'll give my two cents here though.

I tend to avoid Facebook and Twitter, and pretty much this forum is the only time ill check out a Twitter link... But when you look at the people who tend to laud Özil as a savant, it tends to be in broken english, from outside the UK, and they tend to deal with any disagreement by calling the posters "dogs." (Not to be confused with dawg.)

I think their passion has very little to do with his ability or lack there of. But more to do with his beliefs, which has a sense of irony if these fans are blinded at his general ambivalence on the football pitch and only want him to play due to said beliefs.

The loud pro-Özil crowd consists of two strands: People who support him because of his outspokenness about the Uyghur issue in China, and those who do because of his sympathies toward the Turkish president Erdoğan. You also have the ones who overlap, of course. His footballing prowess is an absolute non-factor as you've rightly noticed. The Özil brigade online thinks he's being persecuted for his beliefs and want him playing for that reason only, and it's not even a principled stance about club policy, it's a direct alignment of beliefs. Özil actively cultivated this image, especially while playing for Germany, to avoid football-based criticism by playing the persecution card. That is very insidious behavior.

As I said, I have my own opinions about the aforementioned controversies, and opinions about Özil as a person and Özil as a football player. From the footballing respect, I think Özil doesn't deserve to play because he's unmotivated to play football at a high level. The club may feel that Özil is simply not worth the baggage he brings, and I think they are correct in that regard. Things would've played out differently if Özil was someone like Aubameyang from a footballing perspective.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I've avoided posting about this Özil issue during my time here thus far, even though, being a Turkish person, the Uyghur and Erdoğan controversies are much closer to me than the average AM poster and I have strong opinions about both of them. I'll give my two cents here though.

The loud pro-Özil crowd consists of two strands: People who support him because of his outspokenness about the Uyghur issue in China, and those who do because of his sympathies toward the Turkish president Erdoğan. You also have the ones who overlap, of course. His footballing prowess is an absolute non-factor as you've rightly noticed. The Özil brigade online thinks he's being persecuted for his beliefs and want him playing for that reason only, and it's not even a principled stance about club policy, it's a direct alignment of beliefs. Özil actively cultivated this image, especially while playing for Germany, to avoid football-based criticism by playing the persecution card. That is very insidious behavior.

As I said, I have my own opinions about the aforementioned controversies, and opinions about Özil as a person and Özil as a football player. From the footballing respect, I think Özil doesn't deserve to play because he's unmotivated to play football at a high level. The club may feel that Özil is simply not worth the baggage he brings, and I think they are correct in that regard. Things would've played out differently if Özil was someone like Aubameyang from a footballing perspective.

username checks out!!

and lo behold ...the dynamic duo give you a like.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

kash2

oxekijury can attack others, yell abuse, talk crap and slander anyone, but the moment someone responds, then there they go running to the mods. Funny the mods dont censor or ban their posts. only solution is to have some threads where they cant enter... 18 v0tes have spoken

kash2

season-13-the-simpsons-13x13-3orieMbJeyyGbitP3y
giphy.gif

Last edited:

kash2

Small seed VC looking for publicity! $100M in AUM is small time.
dunno.. i work for one of the hottest startups in the world and our first funding was 1.5 mill which let us scale from 10 people to 150+ now and we still have some left as we are almost cashflow positive.

100m is pretty ok for a vc

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

dunno.. i work for one of the hottest startups in the world and our first funding was 1.5 mill which let us scale from 10 people to 150+ now and we still have some left as we are almost cashflow positive.

100m is pretty ok for a vc
Thats fine, but 1.5m would've been peanuts for the valuation if it is truly 'one of the hottest startups in the world.' As a reference, typically any true 'hot' SaaS profitable company would receive seed funding at valuations near $1-8B dollars where the VC firm is raising anywhere between $150-300M in capital. This firm obviously doesn't play in that game but I'd argue from a strategic stand point, Özil could do a lot better.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

sadly I suspect most of the Özil fans have no idea whether his anti-China and pro-Erdogan views are right, nor do they care

their idol says he is being treated unfairly because of his views, and they believe him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom