• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So you're happy to take the the club on their word in terms of injuries, illnesses Mesut sustained etc But when it comes to the reason he was dropped you can't take the club at their word....Okay, no point in carrying on the conversation then.

I have no reason to doubt what the club told us about his illness/injuries. I have no reason to doubt someone like Wenger on that either. No credible info has questioned him missing games.

While there is enough to question his exclusion - he played every minute before the pay cut issue and has played no minute after. Now Arteta has also started waffling on Özil, so something is not adding up.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So you're happy to take the the club on their word in terms of injuries, illnesses Mesut sustained etc But when it comes to the reason he was dropped you can't take the club at their word....Okay, no point in carrying on the conversation then.
Think this is what many AM discussions finally boil down to: A complete selection bias in trying to support a player or view. It is intellectually totally dishonest but there you are.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I have no reason to doubt what the club told us about his illness/injuries. I have no reason to doubt someone like Wenger on that either. No credible info has questioned him missing games.

While there is enough to question his exclusion - he played every minute before the pay cut issue and has played no minute after. Now Arteta has also started waffling on Özil, so something is not adding up.

What you're doing is accepting the clubs statements when it confirms what you want to be true and dismissing them when they don't agree with what you want to be true.

If any other player was dropped from the squad and the club and manager both explicitly came out and stated it was for footballing reasons, we wouldn't be having this debate. It would just be accepted as fact.

You state this pay cut issue and the fact he played previous to the shut down of football as if it's evidence that that's the cause of all this. Correlation doesn't always equal causation. I can give you a perfectly reasonable counter point that doesn't involve conspiracies. He came back after the shut down and wasn't training up to his previous standards, so Arteta didn't pick him. That's a totally reasonable scenario.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I can give you a perfectly reasonable counter point that doesn't involve conspiracies. He came back after the shut down and wasn't training up to his previous standards, so Arteta didn't pick him. That's a totally reasonable scenario.

no one is idiot enough to believe that you cut someone from the SQUAD for not training well, after having been a top footballer for umpteen years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can give you a perfectly reasonable counter point that doesn't involve conspiracies. He came back after the shut down and wasn't training up to his previous standards, so Arteta didn't pick him. That's a totally reasonable scenario.

Arteta said he was training well though, and repeated that in the summer again.

We’re just going around in circles here. I don’t know what we’re debating now.

Again, on the previous point, nothing to suggest he faked illness or injury which was backed by Wenger. Pie in the sky stuff. I’m even willing to accept he needed a breather which Wenger gave him, which is normal and comes under man management.

@Jury got banned? Well well well. Things are looking up. @Oxeki you are next! :shivering:

Why was Jury banned? I miss him, he just became my friend again. Thankfully it was just a ban, but I get nervous after the fabo thing now every time I don't see a poster for few days.

Would love to see the back of Oxeki. I'm ready to tip in 25000 likes I got in recent years here on AM for him to be banned.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How do you find if someone is banned? Does it show on the profile? Or do you need an ITK to extract information from the mods?

say yes

forum master baiter
ki1xwb4d_522otw_1nbmsed.png

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arteta said he was training well though, and repeated that in the summer again.

We’re just going around in circles here. I don’t know what we’re debating now.

Again, on the previous point, nothing to suggest he faked illness or injury which was backed by Wenger. Pie in the sky stuff. I’m even willing to accept he needed a breather which Wenger gave him, which is normal and comes under man management.

I agree we're going around in circles.

Something big has happened between Özil and Arteta / Arsenal at the end of the day. This situation isn't normal.

Either Özil has behaved or trained so poorly that Arteta has decided it would be best to let him pick up his huge wages and freeze him out of the squad or Arsenal / Arteta have gone out of their way to side line one of their most creative players, on massive wages, for no good reason, to the detriment of the team and possibly Arteta's managerial career here.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I agree we're going around in circles.

Something big has happened between Özil and Arteta / Arsenal at the end of the day. This situation isn't normal.

Either Özil has behaved or trained so poorly that Arteta has decided it would be best to let him pick up his huge wages and freeze him out of the squad or Arsenal / Arteta have gone out of their way to side line one of their most creative players, on massive wages, for no good reason, to the detriment of the team and possibly Arteta's managerial career here.

Ummm as conclusions go yours are sadly incomprehensive.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
He was banned? So we have someone who was serving up legit comedy gold being booted while creatures like @kash2 who calls people incels, trumpists etc is allowed to roam free like some wild animal.
is this a zoo that only people like you are allowed?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom