Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

32.1%
  3. Don't know/don't care

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Any criticism will do.

2. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

This summer has broken people, you had people ****ting on Emery because he didn't know who some random kid in the academy was and now this over Özil not knowing the term crossbar challenge. Even by our usual standard, we are reaching some new low depth.

3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

His English is even slighly better than Robert Pires . It's really not that bad . Not sure Gilberto or Edu spoke good Englsih ,let's not bring up Reyes :lol:/

4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

@jones reckons his German is terrible too, fwiw.

5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

The Esperanto of football is his first language, and in that his vocabulary knows no bounds.

CaseUteinberger and arsenefc like this.
  6. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

I was frekkin conversational in spanish after 3 months, albeit mostly Yelling at romanians (worked at a hotel)

And I did no spanish in school, I just watched "Blood in Blood out" alot

Goes away when you dont use it Sadly

7. jones

jones Not German FFS Trusted

As is his Turkish. I reckon the guy thinks in images.

Don't see what's so "low" about pointing out that his English is poor, he's not exactly smart I'm sure most will know by now. If he was still putting in effort and played just half as well as in 2016 nobody would care how **** his English is

Jury, krackpot and Godwin1 like this.
  8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Wow.

9. jones

Wow what? Did you ever hear him talk in his native German? Recognising he's a bit thick doesn't mean you can't still support him like after his whole country of birth turned against him.

Or do you have to play dumb and glorify your players as heroes to be a real supporter?

Tourbillion, Tir Na Nog and salvat like this.
  10. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

A lot of projection there fella. I don't even like Özil. Just seemed a bit much to impugn the guy's intelligence. He was smart enough to get the Oxford educated Gazidis to hand him 350k a week. We should all be so daft.

Divided_Pie likes this.
  11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I'm sorry but you can't justify this, there's absolutely no way Özil should be beaten so easily here by Thiago of all players without putting up any sort of fight whatsoever.

People think that Emery benches Özil at times for no reason but when you see stuff like this it just drives managers up the wall especially when you're trying to coach an aggressive pressing team this sort of stuff is just so disappointing. It happens all the time too, he gives up far too easily. You could sort of understand him being out-muscled by a stronger player or beaten to a ball by a quicker player but this is against Thiago and he should be winning that duel easily but he basically just lets him have the ball and waltz away with it.

12. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

has it occured to you that he might use poor English to cut short interviews he doesn't really want? he seems fluent enough in the videos I've seen when he's been interacting with teamates

13. jones

Theres so much wrong in this post I dont even know where to start

Beksl and Jury like this.
  14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Anyone else betting on Özil to have double figures both in goals and assists this season?

Divided_Pie and Top Gun like this.
  15. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Not 'betting' per se, but he owes us a good season after last year.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Have I really created a storm just for pointing out that a guy who's lived in London for six years and earns millions upon millions to do so still speaks **** English? :lol:

17. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

His English isn't terrible. He does the majority of his interviews in the language and I have no trouble understanding him.

GDeep™, Artisan, krengon and 3 others like this.
  18. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

No worries mate. It'll be our little secret.

19. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Think good old Jimmy looked lively today. Saville for team captain! :bounce:

20. jones

You think because Özils agent got him a well remunerated contract it means Özil is smart or that Gazidis' Oxford education somehow means anything at all in this context. Congratulations compared to the garbage you wrote Özil definitely looks smarter than he did before.

lufere7, Tir Na Nog and Jury like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.