• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It’s was indeed a reprehensible post, but cant help noting that jokes in Elneny thread about killing his gay lover in a sex game gone wrong and the club financially benefiting from him being locked up don’t generate a flicker of response.

Poor Elneny :lol::lol::lol: ...I got your back bro.
How does one die during gay sex?

Iceman10

Established Member
The addition of Pepe into the First XI perhaps changes things for Özil, in that his strengths as a #10 could be used to their maximum if we do go with the option of Auba-Laca-Pepe up front. Ceballos can be the #8 in such a line-up.

In bigger matches, especially away, as with some I'm not yet convinced that two inside forwards, Auba and Pepe on either side of Laca would be ideal, especially as Auba is not necessarily at his best on the left, and defensive cover is a concern. In these games we likely would have two of Auba/Laca/Pepe in the attacking unit, and then maybe the question of who is best in the #10 position comes up when considering Özil was not always at his best last season even with Laca and Auba.

In summary, I do think Pepe coming in is a lift for Özil, and could motivate him to play to his strengths. Özil therefore has value playing out his contract, but we really should look to offload Mkhi, perhaps to China if possible. There is zero value in Mkhi anymore, and worse, he only would block opportunities for our young blood to get minutes.

(arrival of Pepe means I have changed my vote from "don't know / don't care" to "No")

BobP

Memri Fan
Had we let this passenger go on a free and offered half of his current wage packet to Ramsey, we'd be in much better stead.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It’s was indeed a reprehensible post, but cant help noting that jokes in Elneny thread about killing his gay lover in a sex game gone wrong and the club financially benefiting from him being locked up don’t generate a flicker of response.

Poor Elneny :lol::lol::lol: ...I got your back bro.

Stop snitching.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The addition of Pepe into the First XI perhaps changes things for Özil, in that his strengths as a #10 could be used to their maximum if we do go with the option of Auba-Laca-Pepe up front. Ceballos can be the #8 in such a line-up.

In bigger matches, especially away, as with some I'm not yet convinced that two inside forwards, Auba and Pepe on either side of Laca would be ideal, especially as Auba is not necessarily at his best on the left, and defensive cover is a concern. In these games we likely would have two of Auba/Laca/Pepe in the attacking unit, and then maybe the question of who is best in the #10 position comes up when considering Özil was not always at his best last season even with Laca and Auba.

In summary, I do think Pepe coming in is a lift for Özil, and could motivate him to play to his strengths. Özil therefore has value playing out his contract, but we really should look to offload Mkhi, perhaps to China if possible. There is zero value in Mkhi anymore, and worse, he only would block opportunities for our young blood to get minutes.

(arrival of Pepe means I have changed my vote from "don't know / don't care" to "No")

There were no excuses before, but I doubt anyone at all will make any for him now with the arrivals. He'll be frozen out if he can't cut it, and the team wont want for anything at all.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I wanted him sold before, but after the robbery attempt even more.

What kind of human doesnt go out and help His friend?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Back to football, does he play with Cebellallos and pending Pepe arrival? I dont see how he gets in the team....even over Iwobi.

He starts in our 'On paper' 11. He is still our best player 'on paper'. It's high time his on pitch performances match his ability though.

It depends on what Emery wants us to do. If we maintain this playing out from the back, you'd assume that Ceballos starts along with Pepe. Those 2 signings make our team so much more technically gifted. Add Özil to the mix and all of a sudden we have a team which can dominate possession again.

--------------------Torreria-------------------------
----------------------------------Ceballos-----------
------Pepe_______Ozil--------------------------
---------------Lacazette---------PEA--------------

Is unreal on paper. Can envision Özil being subbed out for Xhaka, Iwobi or Guendouzi for some game though.

Divided_Pie

He starts in our 'On paper' 11. He is still our best player 'on paper'. It's high time his on pitch performances match his ability though.

It depends on what Emery wants us to do. If we maintain this playing out from the back, you'd assume that Ceballos starts along with Pepe. Those 2 signings make our team so much more technically gifted. Add Özil to the mix and all of a sudden we have a team which can dominate possession again.

--------------------Torreria-------------------------
----------------------------------Ceballos-----------
------Pepe_______Ozil--------------------------
---------------Lacazette---------PEA--------------

Is unreal on paper. Can envision Özil being subbed out for Xhaka, Iwobi or Guendouzi for some game though.
If that philistine Emery doesn't allow us to witness the glory of this lineup a fair amount of times this season it will be a crime against humanity and everything that is beautiful and good.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Stop snitching.
giphy.gif

Godwin1

Very well-known
Why isn’t Mikhi under this scrutiny btw? Does absolutely nothing in matches. Done nothing at Arsenal.
He's a known quantity that everyone agrees on. I suppose there was a section who said Wenger would get the best out of him when we signed him but they've died put.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's a known quantity that everyone agrees on. I suppose there was a section who said Wenger would get the best out of him when we signed him but they've died put.
What does “known quantity that everyone agrees on” mean?

Mikhi has done little, and offers little now too, yet it’s others under the microscope.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What does “known quantity that everyone agrees on” mean?

Mikhi has done little, and offers little now too, yet it’s others under the microscope.
What? Have you never been to the Mikhi thread before:confused:. Most of us slate him in there for being 'far too inconsistent', 'living off a one season wonder with Dortmund', 'has a coward mentality'. What are you on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom