• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Honestly, that pass was elite, and it is crazy to even debate its quality.

Yes, PEA had work to do, but this is what happens when two elite players get to link up. Özil plays him pass in a dangerous position that requires a great first touch and then lets him go to work.

Back at Real Madrid, Özil fed so many passes to Ronaldo for goals, and tons of those required Ronaldo to have a great touch and maybe beat his defender before he could shoot. When you know Ronaldo can do it you give him the pass.

Players know that Özil will find them if they make runs, but it is up to the player to not blow those chances. Not all assists can be tap ins.

The idea of benching Özil when we have PEA, Laca, and Pepe is crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if Emery does just this -- I don't rate him as a coach -- but it would still be crazy.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Looks to me like it went a bit behind than where he initially intended it to be but it turned out great due to Auba's presence of mind and awareness of the marker going one way the ability to pull off that turn. The weight of the pass and timing of it is perfect. The slightest variation in that and that chance never happens.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
It was the only pass on, and kudos to Özil for executing it to perfection. This is Özil, nothing less.

But Auba's turn and finish was just plain rude.
Great pass. Elite body positioning to receive it and hit it spot on with the right boot. I startled my 7 year old yelling when he scored it. Watching a preseason friendly:lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Come on, Özil's main aim there was just to get it into Auba. If he had a right foot he'd have slid that in earlier into his path. Good pass, but it's magic from Auba. It took zero vision and for a player of his quality, a pass he has to make. Auba is merely being supportive here, which is genuinely nice to see, whether you want Özil here or not.

Yeah definitely could be which is great . What I really was interested in was the pass before from Xhaka , which was first time and incisive . If we can get our midfielders to do that more often like Santi used we are going to be very incisive.

Arsenio Venger

Come on, Özil's main aim there was just to get it into Auba. If he had a right foot he'd have slid that in earlier into his path. Good pass, but it's magic from Auba. It took zero vision and for a player of his quality, a pass he has to make. Auba is merely being supportive here, which is genuinely nice to see, whether you want Özil here or not.

Özil could make a pass from the pitch right now straight up your anus and you still wouldn’t give him credit for accuracy and precision

Joke post from a joke poster

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Özil could make a pass from the pitch right now straight up your anus and you still wouldn’t give him credit for accuracy and precision

He has always been supportive and honest about Özil when its legit and fair. No need to get personal towards an elite contributor who has only elevated this forum to its glorious heights.

Also, he is partly Bangladeshi so this constitutes of racism and xenophobia.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@Jury when an elite player compliments Özil

tenor.gif

ceadsearc

It was a great pass which allowed auba to swivel on it to beat the defender in front of him. Seriously though Mesut played pretty well I thought, tidy in possession and looking to create and never overwhelmed by the press which is more than I can say for mkhi. Watching mkhi on the other hand was like watching a circus act.

Özil needs runners we know that and hopefully with Pepe he gets the runner he needs. Pepe would love getting on the end of his passes.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Özil needs runners we know that and hopefully with Pepe he gets the runner he needs. Pepe would love getting on the end of his passes.
Very true and it just seems that with the style we are trying to implement those runners will not happen often regardless of who we sign.
Players like Xhaka and Mustafi slow our play down too much that we aren't able to break on teams quickly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I wish I could level the same criticism at you lad, but I’m not even familiar with your name. Had to check how long you’ve been here. Glad you know who I am. Never forget.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wish I could level the same criticism at you lad, but I’m not even familiar with your name. Had to check how long you’ve been here. Glad you know who I am. Never forget.
Not the old ‘I’m a major poster on here you young whipper snapper’ routine.
@Arsenio Venger only needs to be able to read to make a fair appraisal of your Özil agenda.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom