• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
We couldn’t sell our two star players in one window obviously. Just imagine the meltdown
exactly, his wages comes with the circunstances he and the club were in.
We needed him to sign, we offered silly money, he signed, we won.

Losing Wenger Alexis and Özil in 1 season would have been Van Persie levels of meltdown.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Let's wait and see before jumping to any conclusions. Would give off a very bad impression if true though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This post off of reddit is important regarding Özil imo and I have thought it for a very long time but never posted it as I know what some of you are like but here anyway.

'Honestly wouldn't surprise me if we find out one day that Özil is/was struggling with some sort of mental illness. This is happening way too often and usually after disappointing big games. I've had close family members struggle with this, so I'm not going to make light of this, but there's definitely a pattern here. If not, there's at least some sort of link between his psychological state and his immune system that seems to be prone to illness.'

Could be completely wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me either. There's only so much someone can take, no matter who you are and I'm not posting this as an Özil defence mechanism, but because sometimes you need to look deeper into things rather than just call him out.

Depression is far too easy to hide and far to easily ignored as well. I hope for Özil's sake he is actually ill, or his back is hurting rather than suffering from depression and not wanting to play the game he loves due to things going on in his head.

Again though this isn't a defence post, more of a post that people need to be aware that this could be a case. The amount of times he's been called mentally weak may of finally broken him and actually caused mental weakness, pray this isn't the case though.

I've posted it a few times before, but if anyone feels down about anything I am always here for a PM and we can talk! :)

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
This post off of reddit is important regarding Özil imo and I have thought it for a very long time but never posted it as I know what some of you are like but here anyway.

'Honestly wouldn't surprise me if we find out one day that Özil is/was struggling with some sort of mental illness. This is happening way too often and usually after disappointing big games. I've had close family members struggle with this, so I'm not going to make light of this, but there's definitely a pattern here. If not, there's at least some sort of link between his psychological state and his immune system that seems to be prone to illness.'

Could be completely wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me either. There's only so much someone can take, no matter who you are and I'm not posting this as an Özil defence mechanism, but because sometimes you need to look deeper into things rather than just call him out.

Depression is far too easy to hide and far to easily ignored as well. I hope for Özil's sake he is actually ill, or his back is hurting rather than suffering from depression and not wanting to play the game he loves due to things going on in his head.

Again though this isn't a defence post, more of a post that people need to be aware that this could be a case. The amount of times he's been called mentally weak may of finally broken him and actually caused mental weakness, pray this isn't the case though.

I've posted it a few times before, but if anyone feels down about anything I am always here for a PM and we can talk! :)
if true - and some of Emery's recent comments about protecting him make it likely, IMO - it makes the recent attacks on him in Germany, especially from his teamates, even more reprehensible - kicking a man when he's mentally down is very easy, and unforgiveable

some of his critics on here might like to bear that in mind

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

if true - and some of Emery's recent comments about protecting him make it likely, IMO - it makes the recent attacks on him in Germany, especially from his teamates, even more reprehensible - kicking a man when he's mentally down is very easy, and unforgiveable

some of his critics on here might like to bear that in mind

What you have to bare in mind though, is I highly doubt many know, if any. So teammates can comment all they want and not think its affecting him, it's the scary thing about this.

pikey2000

Mental illness in men is rife but barely talked about so I feel for the guy if there is any truth in this.

If it is true though am I bad for thinking we got done over giving the contract he is on given his issues which will inevitably lead to inconsistencies, or should you be supporting someone in this scenario....I'm torn.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Mental illness in men is rife but barely talked about so I feel for the guy if there is any truth in this.

If it is true though am I bad for thinking we got done over giving the contract he is on given his issues which will inevitably lead to inconsistencies, or should you be supporting someone in this scenario....I'm torn.
I think supporting him if that is going on is the right thing to do but if that was/is the case and the club know they need to stop playing him, he should make a statement and could actually be a good role model (hell he's normally very happy to put himself out there on twitter etc, he's not exactly a shrinking violet come on) and he should take a break from the team.
Such a divisive player, people seem to use anything, any sort of tenuous excuse to justify his poor form. Really don't get what makes this guy so different from other footballers going by his input at Arsenal? I'd understand if he was in the Ronaldo, Messi, Salah allround player type league but hes not, he's Niche with a capital N.
I'll answer my own question there as well, its in the marketing, a certain demographic buys into this guy, which is fine but doesnt make Arsenal better.
(and before anyone trots out the usual crap, as an Englishman the marketing thing worked overtime for Beckham as well and I hated that too and again didnt reflect his output as a player a lot of the time.)

Last edited:

shootxhakashoot

And yes either way we got done over with the contract lol. Not his fault if hes ill but it was the splurge to end all splurges and we should have done due diligence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
you can be sure that he very affected about last world cup his german teammates and fa not protecting him or defending him from the racism he faced from his own nation!. Mesut will need time to move on i hope we fans/club help him to get over that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
To be fair to Özil he missed games through illness on two occasions in the 16/17 season round December & February... Prime times of year for cold / flu. Thats it in his time here.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
And yes either way we got done over with the contract lol. Not his fault if hes ill but it was the splurge to end all splurges and we should have done due diligence.
The club were desperate to make a statement that things weren't falling apart and since Sanchez wanted out the Özil extension was the strongest message.

Don't blame him and I hope he isn't suffering from mental illness. I wonder if religion is involved somehow.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
not risking moving to a new club might have been a deciding factor in renewing - especially if he thought Wenger was going to be around for longer

as we never really know how much agents are involved in the monetary side of any deal who can be sure if he would have chosen to stay for less money

shootxhakashoot

The club were desperate to make a statement that things weren't falling apart and since Sanchez wanted out the Özil extension was the strongest message.

Don't blame him and I hope he isn't suffering from mental illness. I wonder if religion is involved somehow.

I dont blame him, being mentally ill/having problems in your personal life doesnt mean you're an idiot, which hes clearly not.
Just saying I dont think the club made that decision based on performances/football. Not Ozils fault apart from the performances that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I dont blame him, being mentally ill/having problems in your personal life doesnt mean you're an idiot, which hes clearly not.
Just saying I dont think the club made that decision based on performances/football. Not Ozils fault apart from the performances that.
I didn't think you were blaming him, I was just saying I don't blame him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom