Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

32.1%
  3. Don't know/don't care

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

Ok cool, you know what though I think Özil does need a break from football to get his head together atm. I wouldn't blame him for that either in the circumstances and given how he's performing for Arsenal I'd prefer it for his sake and the clubs.
    Regardless of the money he wouldn't be the first and he wouldn't be the last, an injury physically is not really different to an injury mentally and regardless of his own personal contribution to the situation (rightly or wrongly) he's probably not had an easy few months.

2. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I've written about Özil before being a complex character, possibly on the autistic spectrum and how people labelled a genius, which he has been throughout his career, are often vulnerable to mental illness. You only have to look at the number of actors, pop-stars, comedians etc who were labelled a genius but suffered from mental illness. I dont think Özil has been mentally well for some time and it has effected his game.

If it is the case I hope the club help him as much as possible, they certainly would when Wenger was here but we have had many changes, hopefully we are still a compassionate club.

3. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

We did have the Sol Campbell incident some years back.

4. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

AM speculating about mental illness and autism
    Meanwhile at casa Özil:
    [​IMG]

5. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wtf?

6. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

The guy should visit the drip doctors.

7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

:lol: @ people diagnosing Özil with some form of mental illness from afar

Classic A-M

8. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

mental illness and autism now :rolleyes:

9. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Look I'm not saying he has a mental illness. :lol: It's more just to say especially footballers, there's only so much they can take before it takes it's toll. I wouldn't be surprised if more professional sports players start to come out about it.

I'd assume Özil's probably just got a niggle, but it's always good to look at different aspects and make people more aware.

I do feel strongly about mental health though and I wish it was addressed more often in sport.

@American_Gooner

10. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

To summarise: Our star player is a sensitive scapegoat with an undiagnosed mental health issue and low immune system played out of position alongside inferior teammates.

11. Camron

Camron Established Member

So is he out or not?

12. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I'm all for rumours but not about a man's mental health. Can we drop that talk unless it is actually confirmed?

Gooner1988TK and Jae like this.
  13. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

He is out. Not on the bench at all. I'd rather speculate it being down to performance than anything else.

14. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

The mental gymnastics/diagnosis to justify Özil conveniently calling in sick on the club again after some high profile poor showings and the criticism that comes with it. :lol:

@Rex Banner was right this really is the worst thread on the forum.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Ricardinho and Gooner1988TK like this.
  15. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Same old Özil, plays when he wants :lol:

16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Confirmed not in the team mate, didn't even make the bench, lineup has been released.

17. Lazaq

Lazaq New Member

Swedish TV talking about Özil not playing because he and Emery has fallen out. This after Özil being taken off last weekend. Anyone know more?

18. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Obviously from these highly accurate media reports, we can only conclude that Özil needs brain surgery with a tennis racket....

Gooner1988TK and Sapient Hawk like this.
  19. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

If it's true, and I have big doubts it is, I guess we've got 5 days to find a buyer for him :lol:

Only reason I think there might be any chance of the story being real, it's because didn't the same **** happen when Ancelotti took over at Real? He got taken off or benched one game and that's all she wrote for him. Maybe he doesn't handle change that well. Who knows?

Fallout likes this.
  20. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

I hope it’s true. There’s no reason why an unsigned rugby player should play in his position

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.