• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
if the rumors are true, and Wenger is going to replace Mourinho ....then maybe we can sell Özil to them. Must admit, that would really test my dislike of Man U.

Not sure what rumours you have read but no way on this earth will Wenger ever manage Man Utd. He has far too much respect for Arsenal to manage Utd or any other PL team. Tbh I doubt he will manage a club team again.

Giroud12

Just listened to the Arsecast and the slack he is getting is incredible.
The standards and expectations that has become the norm the last few years of Arsenes reign is the main reason for our decline. Özil is a perfect case in point.

He is by far our best paid player who we essentially messed up our wage structure for, and people are having a serious debate over whether or not he has been good enough for us? Of course he has not, and in his time here guys like Giroud, Ramsey, Carozla, Kos and Monreal has been much better and instrumental in us winning a few FA cups.

Then they are debating if Özil should adapt to Emery´s style of play, or if Emery rather should fit his entire philosophy to the needs of Özil. Is this a joke? The last thing we need now is a manager who has a clear way of playing, but is willing to let some guys get away. Özil is being paid 350 K a week and should of course be doing as his boss tells him to. If he cant or wont press, then he should be out of the team and I love that Emery has the balls to bench him.

As for the illness thing, this guy must have the weakest imune system ever. I have never heard of someone who is ill 5-10 times a year, especially not when having the best medical professionals in the world at your disposal and playing a not particularly physically demanding sport.

I´m probably gonna get slated for this as there´s many Özil fanboys on here, but I think we messed up resigning him at such high wages. I could deal with Alexis´ antics as he delivered world class performances on the field, but Özil is simply not giving value for money. And of course a guy like Ramsey who is better, younger and has done more for the club is gonna demand just as much. If/when Emery eventually drops him, we got a Rooney situation on our hands.

I would love to see Özil at his best as much as the next guy, but I just don´t see it, especially with Emerys system. The best option for all parties would be if a Turkish club bought him but of course thats not gonna happen.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Not sure what rumours you have read but no way on this earth will Wenger ever manage Man Utd. He has far too much respect for Arsenal to manage Utd or any other PL team. Tbh I doubt he will manage a club team again.

there is a lot of chatter about it. It has history too, as he was sounded out to replace Ferguson. In this forum, a user called Slartifartblast has posted about this rumor in the wenger thread.

TheArsenalis

Just listened to the Arsecast and the slack he is getting is incredible.
The standards and expectations that has become the norm the last few years of Arsenes reign is the main reason for our decline. Özil is a perfect case in point.

He is by far our best paid player who we essentially messed up our wage structure for, and people are having a serious debate over whether or not he has been good enough for us? Of course he has not, and in his time here guys like Giroud, Ramsey, Carozla, Kos and Monreal has been much better and instrumental in us winning a few FA cups.

Then they are debating if Özil should adapt to Emery´s style of play, or if Emery rather should fit his entire philosophy to the needs of Özil. Is this a joke? The last thing we need now is a manager who has a clear way of playing, but is willing to let some guys get away. Özil is being paid 350 K a week and should of course be doing as his boss tells him to. If he cant or wont press, then he should be out of the team and I love that Emery has the balls to bench him.

As for the illness thing, this guy must have the weakest imune system ever. I have never heard of someone who is ill 5-10 times a year, especially not when having the best medical professionals in the world at your disposal and playing a not particularly physically demanding sport.

I´m probably gonna get slated for this as there´s many Özil fanboys on here, but I think we messed up resigning him at such high wages. I could deal with Alexis´ antics as he delivered world class performances on the field, but Özil is simply not giving value for money. And of course a guy like Ramsey who is better, younger and has done more for the club is gonna demand just as much. If/when Emery eventually drops him, we got a Rooney situation on our hands.

I would love to see Özil at his best as much as the next guy, but I just don´t see it, especially with Emerys system. The best option for all parties would be if a Turkish club bought him but of course thats not gonna happen.
Ooh the Özil fanboys jab. You sound ridiculous.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The best option for all parties would be if a Turkish club bought him .

In one paragraph you ***** about Özil's wages and in the next you expect a club from frickin' Turkey to take them on -- and pay the sort of transfer fee he would command? The same clubs that can't afford a loan deal for Ospina? :lol:

And why Turkey? Do you think that because of his ethnic ancestry that's where he should play? He was born in Gelsenkirchen, so why not suggest he return to Schalke?

Godwin1

Very well-known
And why Turkey? Do you think that because of his ethnic ancestry that's where he should play? He was born in Gelsenkirchen, so why not suggest he return to Schalke?

Been linked to Turkey in the past, wants to one day play for Fenerbahce or so some circles in the media said last year during the contract saga. I don't see why this is an issue?

Godwin1

Very well-known
Has a player at Arsenal ever divided opinion so much as Özil has? In context of course not talking about prospects etc. I know Sanchez did but definitely not to this level.

Giroud12

In one paragraph you ***** about Özil's wages and in the next you expect a club from frickin' Turkey to take them on -- and pay the sort of transfer fee he would command? The same clubs that can't afford a loan deal for Ospina? :lol:

Firstly, I pointed out that "its not gonna happen" that a Turkish club would buy him.

Secondly - As Godwin1 said - he has been linked to Turkey in the past and obviously has strong ties to the country and has stated he would be open to the possibility of playing there. Dont try to imply theres any form of hidden racism in that statement, Im not having that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Been linked to Turkey in the past, wants to one day play for Fenerbahce or so some circles in the media said last year during the contract saga. I don't see why this is an issue?

Why have "some circles in the media" said he wants to play for Fenerbahce? Has Özil said that? The only club I've ever been aware of him publicly expressing a desire to play for someday is a return to Schalke (his favorite team and his hometown team).

Firstly, I pointed out that "its not gonna happen" that a Turkish club would buy him.

Secondly - As Godwin1 said - he has been linked to Turkey in the past and obviously has strong ties to the country and has stated he would be open to the possibility of playing there. Dont try to imply theres any form of hidden racism in that statement, Im not having that.

First, you also said it would be the "best thing for all parties involved." You didn't say that the cost would be prohibitive. If that was your point in saying it won't happen, then why bring it up at all? How is it better for Özil? How is it better for Arsenal, for that matter? Even if wanted to unload him, they would have to virtually give him away and subsidize nearly the entirety of his wages to send him to Turkey. In what way does that help? It might make you feel better because Arsenal would be rid of a player you obviously don't like for whatever reason, but in no way is it the "best thing" for either Arsenal or Özil.

Second, I don't ever recall hearing Özil express a desire to go play for a Turkish club. He has clearly stated that he would like to return to Schalke someday. Thus, Schalke would make a lot more sense (although they couldn't afford him either, but could come a lot closer than any Turkish club).

Godwin1

Very well-known
Why have "some circles in the media" said he wants to play for Fenerbahce? Has Özil said that? The only club I've ever been aware of him publicly expressing a desire to play for someday is a return to Schalke (his favorite team and his hometown team).
No idea mate, remember it was floating round last year during when his future was in doubt due to contract negotiations. I'm sure I remember he was quoted in saying he wants to play for Fernebahce one day but maybe it was made up media stuff, don't care, was just getting ahead of another page of racism claims etc.

Giroud12

First, you also said it would be the "best thing for all parties involved." You didn't say that the cost would be prohibitive. If that was your point in saying it won't happen, then why bring it up at all? How is it better for Özil? How is it better for Arsenal, for that matter?

As I said:

"If/when Emery eventually drops him, we got a Rooney situation on our hands."

So far it does not look like Emery rates him all that much, at least much less than Wenger did. IF Emery doesnt want to start him regularly in the no 10 spot, its much better for Arsenal to get rid now rather than have 350 K a week guy on the bench, like Rooney and Manu.

IF Emery want and can make him work in his system, its obviously better for Arsenal to keep Özil around. Read what I wrote and dont try to make up stuff.

As for the Fenerbache links there are plenty, so your claim that this has not been a story is just false.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Eh it was said from Löw in his press conference the other day. Highly doubt he's fabricated that from thin air.

Tbf Löw and the DFB completely failed to contain that fire and find a solution - whichever one: leave him at home or shield him and thus the squad. They even got on the blame train via Bierhoff's public Statement after the tournament. I wouldn't have taken their call too, or just to tell them to **** off.

Özil's initial behaviour is worth criticizing, and as much truth there is in his retirement statement there still wasn't an inch of self consciousness or critique. So there's sure room for debate. But Löw, Bierhoff and the DFB hung him out to dry and that was at least as disrespectful as not returning calls or messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom