• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
So if (and it's a big 'if') there's any truth in the Özil to Inter rumors, we'd be losing Ramsey for nothing and Özil for £25M? That would be ****ing criminal for a club this size!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I agree. Firstly, Özil has pressed a lot this season, more than I saw him press under Wenger, nobody seems to touch on that.

Second, even if Özil half presses, that doesn’t mean he can’t play in our system. Going forward on counters there’s nobody you’d prefer to lead the attack than Özil, and it shows.

We’ve had several promising counter attacking instances in his absence. More often than not they’ve broken down. Özil is the guy who can make the killer pass and time it to perfection.

Really can’t understand people who don’t see what Özil brings to the table.
While I agree with the sentiment and will say that in SOME games this season we've seen a much better effort and commitment to pressing from Özil, it really doesn't matter at all what we think. All that matters is whether Emery thinks a half press is adequate or that he can play in our system. Now I don't trust the press with anything but you'd have to pretty blatantly ignore body language and tone to not be able to see that Emery appears dissatisfied with Özil to some extent. So while your or I may be able to pick out moments where Özil has shown improvement it means absolutely nothing if those moments don't resonate with Emery. I think it's clear that this very much is his ship and given the results he's produced in this short period of time it is right that he captains it the way he sees fit. I hope Özil can do enough to warrant a place in the team because I do think there are ways for him to contribute but if Emery isn't of the mind that he can then I'm not going to second guess him, especially given Özil's track record here vs what Emery is achieving consistently. We'll have to see how this shakes out going forward.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

While I agree with the sentiment and will say that in SOME games this season we've seen a much better effort and commitment to pressing from Özil, it really doesn't matter at all what we think. All that matters is whether Emery thinks a half press is adequate or that he can play in our system. Now I don't trust the press with anything but you'd have to pretty blatantly ignore body language and tone to not be able to see that Emery appears dissatisfied with Özil to some extent. So while your or I may be able to pick out moments where Özil has shown improvement it means absolutely nothing if those moments don't resonate with Emery. I think it's clear that this very much is his ship and given the results he's produced in this short period of time it is right that he captains it the way he sees fit. I hope Özil can do enough to warrant a place in the team because I do think there are ways for him to contribute but if Emery isn't of the mind that he can then I'm not going to second guess him, especially given Özil's track record here vs what Emery is achieving consistently. We'll have to see how this shakes out going forward.
Would you please show me what body language and tone from Emery makes you believe he's dissatiesfied with Mesut?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not really sure its a big issue anymore. We are just different with him but adapt without. If Micky can be upgraded or Iwobi kicks on even less of an issue when Özil injured / dropped / AWOL.

If we could shift the wages to a Inter would be ideal as just no value there. I dont feel he has the hunger for another big move though & will see out deal before moving to the MLS. Had the chance to pick his club with the free transfer but chose to stay at a non CL club.

Similar situation to old Pires.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Would you please show me what body language and tone from Emery makes you believe he's dissatiesfied with Mesut?
When the manager says that a match is too demanding for you to feature in that's not exactly a ringing endorsement now is it? And since that point, each time he's asked about the status of Özil's injury he seems very agitated and almost bored by the question. Listen to the way he speaks about other injury issues and then watch how his whole demeanor changes speaking about Özil's. It's clear as day in any of his press conferences over the last couple of weeks. Something is going on. It may not be to the extent that the media is portraying but I think it's very clear that Emery is not 100% satisfied.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

When the manager says that a match is too demanding for you to feature in that's not exactly a ringing endorsement now is it? And since that point, each time he's asked about the status of Özil's injury he seems very agitated and almost bored by the question. Listen to the way he speaks about other injury issues and then watch how his whole demeanor changes speaking about Özil's. It's clear as day in any of his press conferences over the last couple of weeks. Something is going on. It may not be to the extent that the media is portraying but I think it's very clear that Emery is not 100% satisfied.
Thanks, I will keep a closer look. I like that he said that, it's a harsh truth, but a truth none the less..I hope it helps him push himself even more, we need every player to give everything.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Cannot find the article, but just read the day before yesterday that some fellas with insight on his playing account on Fortnite analyzed his time spend in the game. They basically derived an average of 5h a day and him often playing while we had games.

I've been a gamer when I was younger and I have no problem accepting professional footballers playing in their free time, but I know for myself that 5h playing each day is hurting your real life, especially for a professional sports man - it's too much

I dont see him being focused and ready to go up a level with all the others since Emery joining. It hurts to say this because he's one of my alltime favorite players, but he seems to lack drive and determination now, he aint up for it.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Cannot find the article, but just read the day before yesterday that some fellas with insight on his playing account on Fortnite analyzed his time spend in the game. They basically derived an average of 5h a day and him often playing while we had games.

I've been a gamer when I was younger and I have no problem accepting professional footballers playing in their free time, but I know for myself that 5h playing each day is hurting your real life, especially for a professional sports man - it's too much

I dont see him being focused and ready to go up a level with all the others since Emery joining. It hurts to say this because he's one of my alltime favorite players, but he seems to lack drive and determination now, he aint up for it.
That's shocking if true.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
To be fair the rich are known to buy stacked accounts & even have people run them so easily could not be him all the time. Especially common with Footballers, rappers & the big YTers.

Bergkamp1988

So if Özil where to leave during the winter.. Who would you guys like to see for a replacement?
I am Asking myself the question, wouldn't mind having Mata. Similar qualities to Özil but with a much better work ethic.
Plus I'd imagine a move to our club would be quite a moral boost for him after the Mourniho semi-hell

TornadoTed

Established Member
So if Özil where to leave during the winter.. Who would you guys like to see for a replacement?
I am Asking myself the question, wouldn't mind having Mata. Similar qualities to Özil but with a much better work ethic.
Plus I'd imagine a move to our club would be quite a moral boost for him after the Mourniho semi-hell

I wouldn't want a direct replacement, I'd like a direct, pacey forward/winger who can beat a man and go 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

Lacazette, Auba and one of Pepe, Saint-Maxim, Under, Zaha, Pavon, Dembele would be devastating and would easily rival Liverpool and City's front 3.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Personally I’d replace him with Joe Allen. Superior work ethic, cheap and he knows the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom