• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to see him staying if he isn't picked for any of the big games.

blaze_of_glory

Only had to mark one player. Not like anyone other than Hazard was going to cause any troubles, especially given their lack of intent which Sarri highlighted after the game.
Yeah Chelsea were pretty bad overall, but I don’t want to take too much away from the defending since it was a lot better than we’ve seen recently.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think Özil is still here on his wages because of the pressure on Wenger and the team at the time. We lost Cesc and Nasri in the same window and that was massive. We could have coped with Alexis and Özil leaving in January. This side show is now an unwelcome distraction.
Having your 2 star players contracts running out at the same time seems wrong.... Also I don't understand how we keep letting players run down their contracts:
Özil - leverage for huge contract
Sanchez - 60-70m instead swapped for mkhi
Ramsey - 40m
Welbeck - 15-20m
Gnabry - 15-20m

=130m
(minus 5m for gnabry and 1 mkhit)
Going back further it seems we didn't learn from losing vp on the cheap. :(

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Having your 2 star players contracts running out at the same time seems wrong.... Also I don't understand how we keep letting players run down their contracts:
Özil - leverage for huge contract
Sanchez - 60-70m instead swapped for mkhi
Ramsey - 40m
Welbeck - 15-20m
Gnabry - 15-20m

=130m
(minus 5m for gnabry and 1 mkhit)
Going back further it seems we didn't learn from losing vp on the cheap. :(
Agree on the contracts running out. Someone isn't doing their job and it's a hell of a loss. Looking at where we are now and having finished outside of the top 4,we should have taken cash for Alexis and Özil and I wouldn't have given Theo his last contract here either. We keep players too long/get rid too late.
This became a more major issue as Gazidis grew in power here imo. RvP is the only one that took us to the wire whilst Wenger had full control and we got a decent fee for a injury prone player who only had one good year left in him. Some might say the same about Ox but I say thank you Liverpool.

benjamin86

Established Member
Agree on the contracts running out. Someone isn't doing their job and it's a hell of a loss. Looking at where we are now and having finished outside of the top 4,we should have taken cash for Alexis and Özil and I wouldn't have given Theo his last contract here either. We keep players too long/get rid too late.
This became a more major issue as Gazidis grew in power here imo. RvP is the only one that took us to the wire whilst Wenger had full control and we got a decent fee for a injury prone player who only had one good year left in him. Some might say the same about Ox but I say thank you Liverpool.
Ox we got a good fee, RvP i think we got ****ed on, £24m bought MUFC the league. If we kept him i think we would have won it :(

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ox we got a good fee, RvP i think we got ****ed on, £24m bought MUFC the league. If we kept him i think we would have won it :(
Utd got a good price and another title but our squad has been short for ages so I'm not sure RvP would have won us the PL and he would have a got a free transfer too.

Turn off the PS4 now lad.

I've been here long enough to understand you're an Özil fanboy going by the ö in your username. Will you stop supporting the club when he leaves?

Everyone of these transfer targets arsenal could have signed after the FA cup win. That simple.

They aren't the big names they are today very much toerreira like players. This is the approach the club needs.

Arsenal must become the Dortmund of the premier league to avoid becoming the new Everton

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I've been here long enough to understand you're an Özil fanboy going by the ö in your username. Will you stop supporting the club when he leaves?

Everyone of these transfer targets arsenal could have signed after the FA cup win. That simple.

They aren't the big names they are today very much toerreira like players. This is the approach the club needs.

Arsenal must become the Dortmund of the premier league to avoid becoming the new Everton
Lol at the personal attacks, I’ve supported Arsenal 15 years before Mesut arrived and will do hopefully another 50 after we’ve long forgotten about him.

Lozano was playing in Mexico, we couldn’t have even got him a work visa to play in England, and I still wouldn’t today btw, Ndombele was playing in ligue 2, half the players in your fantasy line-up cost twice as much to buy in 217 than they do now. Very easy to do on fifa, not so easy in the real world, hence the shut down your ps4 comment.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The idea of Özil fiddling about with an the Twitter app on an Android phone amuses me greatly. I bet he gets final approval at best, maybe no input at all on some posts :lol: - same as many other global superstars I’m sure.

Who wants to be messing around with that old sh1te when a team of experts can take care of it for you and provide a significantly more polished output.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The idea of Özil fiddling about with an the Twitter app on an Android phone amuses me greatly. I bet he gets final approval at best, maybe no input at all on some posts :lol: - same as many other global superstars I’m sure.

Who wants to be messing around with that old sh1te when a team of experts can take care of it for you and provide a significantly more polished output.
Indeed. I'm not even posting this myself. You think I have time for that?

MikeVinna

Established Member
He’s made to play that CAM position behind Auba/Laca.

Aside from whether or not Özil is good enough, why are we playing Ramsey when he’s gone soon. That’s what bugs me more. Might as well try and get the most out of Mesut.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No post hmmm *insinuates incorrect behavior*
Post hmmmmm well he doesn’t do it himself anyway.

:rofl:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
No post hmmm *insinuates incorrect behavior*
Post hmmmmm well he doesn’t do it himself anyway.

:rofl:

Did you somehow interpret my post as a dig at Özil? Jesus wept. What’s wrong with delegating out menial tasks out when you’re operating at a the next level? I would think that’s pretty critical part of maintaining your success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom