• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
On a serious note though, we need to be spot on with our recruitment in replacing Özil. I mean getting two really good wide players would solve a lot of our problems going forward but we need to find a solution in terms of a playmaker.

I wouldn't mind a number 10 coming in if its someone like Isco but that's unrealistic. Kai Havertz is also someone that interests me as he seems to be unique in being very complete overall like a mixture of a 10, 9 and 8. He is strong and big. Could develop into the perfect 10 for Emery.

If we move towards a 3 man midfield then a cheaper solution would be Fornals who is comfortable in any midfield role and getting in Banega as a short term alternative.

Another possible opening I can think of would be Barcelona selling Rakitic in the summer or sneaking up on Everton to a deal for Andre Gomes.

Milinkovic Savic could be another option as his price would drop significantly in the summer even if I think he is overrated.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RVP's last season and a half here was probably the best form from any player apart from Henry, he was a madman those times.

Santi Cazorla was just as good if not better than Mesut too.
Cazorla and Wilshere were pipe dreams.

Cazorla had that debut season where he was producing great numbers but didn't actually play that well. He was better in his later years playing with Özil. But he never was able to sustain it like that first season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Can we please have a new poll on what is more dysfunctional.

(a) The Arsenal defense
(b) Mesut Özil's immune system

Do you know what? All is not lost for Özil. A few months back Utd fans were calling Pogba a disgrace and he was "phoning it in", now he is apparently "The best player in the premiership";)

Miracles Can Happen

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Can we please have a new poll on what is more dysfunctional.

(a) The Arsenal defense
(b) Mesut Özil's immune system

Do you know what? All is not lost for Özil. A few months back Utd fans were calling Pogba a disgrace and he was "phoning it in", now he is apparently "The best player in the premiership";)

Miracles Can Happen
:lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Anyway I don’t believe he was ill, more likely he was left out of the squad.

That's fine, but doesn't account the four or five illnesses last season which at one point prompted Wenger to come up with the oft-quoted "compromised immune system" interview.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That's fine, but doesn't account the four or five illnesses last season which at one point prompted Wenger to come up with the oft-quoted "compromised immune system" interview.
Who’s trying to account for that? I was talking about yesterday.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Pfff I really miss him. He is so good, he could force Giroud to score. Ask Chelsea and France how hard that is. Deserves so much more credit than he gets.

He was great with that squad of players but I think people overlooking the fact he and Rambo the only offensive ones left from that era. We've seen huge changes and for one reason or another mezzy no longer fits in. Looks like time for him to move on this summer unless there's an unlikely change in management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom