• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
On a serious note though, we need to be spot on with our recruitment in replacing Özil. I mean getting two really good wide players would solve a lot of our problems going forward but we need to find a solution in terms of a playmaker.
Replacing him is the easy part, finding someone who would actually take him even for free is the hardest part.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
350k off the books and a 30m fee. I love(d) the guy, but it's over for him here now.

Mkhi and Iwobi can do a strong enough job as number 10 as long as we buy a dangerous wide man.

Özil is right up there with Henry and Bergkamp for how easy he makes the game look and overall brilliance, but in terms of impact I feel dirty even putting him in the same sentence.

He's with RVP, but way belw Henry, Bergkamp, Cesc and Pires overall.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Replacing him is the easy part, finding someone who would actually take him even for free is the hardest part.
If Mourinho ends up at Inter I could see them want him. Whether he'd leave is another question. I do think there will be some interest though.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If Mourinho ends up at Inter I could see them want him. Whether he'd leave is another question. I do think there will be some interest though.
Imagine Mourinho at Inter and Wenger at AC both trying to sign him. Tough decision for Mes :eek:

Would also put your theory to test if neither tried to sign him.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
350k off the books and a 30m fee. I love(d) the guy, but it's over for him here now.

Mkhi and Iwobi can do a strong enough job as number 10 as long as we buy a dangerous wide man.

Özil is right up there with Henry and Bergkamp for how easy he makes the game look and overall brilliance, but in terms of impact I feel dirty even putting him in the same sentence.

Ambitious fee

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Imagine Mourinho at Inter and Wenger at AC both trying to sign him. Tough decision for Mes :eek:

Would also put your theory to test if neither tried to sign him.
He'd probably lean towards Wenger for obvious reasons. Inter though are the ones likely to have the finances to pull it off.

Apart from that though, Fenerbache and Chinese clubs can't see anyone else coming in for him. Maybe, Chelsea could try. With Hazard on his way out and all. Stays in London too.

Reactions: A_G

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Iwobi: 23 appearances, 4 assists
Mkhi: 15 appearances, 1 assist

Yeah, I'm sure they'll both do wonderfully trying to replace the man who at his best got 17 assists in a single season.

We haven't replaced him easily at all this season. The team looks uncreative as can be.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

No one mentioning Freddie?

Was just about to ask this myself. That goal streak he went on towards the end of the 01/02 season won us the league. He stepped up and performed when it mattered most - something which I feel Özil hasn't done for us.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's a very strange situation with Özil that make me wonder if we're somehow saving money by not playing him. Ox allegedly had some weird clause in his contract. His value won't fluctuate if he's not seen but it will be difficult yo move him on surely. When he goes,he can take Miki and Iwobi with him. They are definitely not the answer.

TorontoGooner76

It's a very strange situation with Özil that make me wonder if we're somehow saving money by not playing him. Ox allegedly had some weird clause in his contract. His value won't fluctuate if he's not seen but it will be difficult yo move him on surely. When he goes,he can take Miki and Iwobi with him. They are definitely not the answer.
I suspect a part of all of this is that part of the contract is based on league appearances, etc.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

:lol: The fee will probably be less than £10m, if there even is a fee. We might end up paying him to leave. Özil is going to want around the same amount of money he's on now and at least a two or three year contract. That's £35m-£52m in wages. Nobody is paying a fee on top of that (especially not £30m). A Chinese club might but i doubt he'd go there.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Going back...
Who was the better player for us, Özil or Ramsey?

please try to be objective.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't believe a word about these mysterious ailments. He needs minutes. He must be more unfit than he was in pre season at this rate. There's no point in him being registered at this rate.

OSBK

Established Member
Going back...

Based on time at the club you would have to say Özil. We won nothing for a age before he arrived and then we start winning trophies. He may not have scored the winning goal by that squad was elevated a level but his presence. Ramseys contribution cannot be ignored but pre-Özil ramsey did nothing in his time with the club.

Had we invested correctly during those fa cup winning times we wouldve seen better versions of both players.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Going back...

Özil was the better player but Ramsey turned up more on the big occasions which will impact his legacy massively. His workrate also makes him a much less controversial player.

Neither has been a true success here / will go down as a great, but I’ll have fond memories of both. Two of our better players since the Emirates move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom