• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Let’s talk about what guys like Iwobi and Mikhi are offering while Özil is sittting on the bench for the last 5 months. Not much.

Iwobi gets paid 30k a week. Özil gets paid over ten times as much, which is rediculous in my eyes.

MustOezil

Iwobi gets paid 30k a week. Özil gets paid over ten times as much, which is rediculous in my eyes.

His last deal put him at 70k a week. Which is 5x less than Özil.

Im not saying Özil deservsd 350k, but at least get your numbers right if you're going to make such a comparison.

By his image and fan following alone Mesut is worth twice or thrice an Alex Iwobi. Then he is also a much better player, so if Özil was on 250 a week, it wouldn't be so ridiculous would it?

MustOezil

Imagine Özil with coach like Simeone Özil will probably end up playing in reserves

Or imagine him with someone who demands 100% discipline and passion like Mourinho, Özil would never see first team... Oh wait.. didn't he end up showing passion, fight and incredible dedication while being a heartbeat of Real Madrid that challenged one of the best barca sides ever?

Don't believe the narrative put up by the media. There is rarely any truth in it. It will either be pro or anti Özil, never reasonable analysis.. because to be fair no one knows except those involved. Mourinho is a living proof that with the Right approach you can get the best our of our German.

I think this whole fiasco is a massive **** up by the club.
Not only have they managed to devalue their biggest star by pitching fans against him, but now cannot move him on while he's on massive wages.

The truth is probably somewhere in between: Özil lost a bit of motivation and the club expects someone who will play like a 350k a week player.

This should have been managed more carefully by both the directors and the manager.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Or imagine him with someone who demands 100% discipline and passion like Mourinho, Özil would never see first team... Oh wait
That when Özil was quality his best performance came under mourinho with real Madrid. Özil form in decline since 16/17 season

MustOezil

That when Özil was quality his best performance came under mourinho with real Madrid. Özil form in decline since 16/17 season

You are right, but I think with the right management we can see that Özil again. I would prefer that over rotting away 350k. I dont think Mesut is going anywhere this summer

ArsenalFever

A player like Özil could be playing he's best football well into he's thirties, he's technical gifts will probably improve with experience.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I like Özil, I think we should be able to "afford" the luxuary of playing him.

But if he doesnt play Why on Earth wasnt he sold at a bargain in January ??

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like Özil, I think we should be able to "afford" the luxuary of playing him.

But if he doesnt play Why on Earth wasnt he sold at a bargain in January ??

It just not make sense
Why would we sell for a bargain when we can’t afford to sign players? Why would he leave?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If we got simeone our football will be more dire and people will want him out

Results are The only thing that matters

I LOVE a style like his where people fight tooth and nail and run their guts out

Motivation Beats class

That is how you win like an underdog

We cant afford the players needed to win by playing nice

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Results are The only thing that matters

I LOVE a style like his where people fight tooth and nail and run their guts out

Motivation Beats class

That is how you win like an underdog

We cant afford the players needed to win by playing nice
Not all fans but some hipsters will complain about lacking of good football.

Jae

By his image and fan following alone Mesut is worth twice or thrice an Alex Iwobi. Then he is also a much better player, so if Özil was on 250 a week, it wouldn't be so ridiculous would it?

To be fair mate, I couldn't give two sh*ts how many likes he gets on Instagram, we bought him to win games, and by that I don't mean Fortnite. Hasn't done much of that this season has he? Can probably count the occasions on one hand.

He's not worth 150k on his current form and effort level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom