• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Or imagine him with someone who demands 100% discipline and passion like Mourinho, Özil would never see first team... Oh wait.. didn't he end up showing passion, fight and incredible dedication while being a heartbeat of Real Madrid that challenged one of the best barca sides ever?

Don't believe the narrative put up by the media. There is rarely any truth in it. It will either be pro or anti Özil, never reasonable analysis.. because to be fair no one knows except those involved. Mourinho is a living proof that with the Right approach you can get the best our of our German.

I think this whole fiasco is a massive **** up by the club.
Not only have they managed to devalue their biggest star by pitching fans against him, but now cannot move him on while he's on massive wages.

The truth is probably somewhere in between: Özil lost a bit of motivation and the club expects someone who will play like a 350k a week player.

This should have been managed more carefully by both the directors and the manager.
:lol: Management, media, club... tea lady.... All to blame for Mesut having lost motivation... Wait, you’re saying he’s lost motivation?!! When? And you still want this unmotivated player to play for us? I’m confused... Shouldn’t we think about getting him motivated again or something? How would we do that? So many questions, but yet more accusing fingers... Interesting.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wenger met club targets by doing so.

Different eras

Just youtube alone probably changed tons. Kolo toures doesnt happen anymore.

And Wengers rise was before the oil money and in an premodern era. Ws training and diet and tactic stuff was at one point revolutionary, after 05 not so much.

Jae

:lol: Management, media, club... tea lady.... All to blame for Mesut having lost motivation... Wait, you’re saying he’s lost motivation?!! When? And you still want this unmotivated player to play for us? I’m confused... Shouldn’t we think about getting him motivated again or something? How would we do that? So many questions, but yet more accusing fingers... Interesting.

I wouldn't bother mate, the last comment about social media said it all for me :lol: He says there's lies and a "Media narrative" against Özil but when both Emery AND Wenger have both come out in the past few days and accused him of lacking motivation and consistency, apparently that isn't "Reasonable analysis" :lol:

There is no media witch hunt, in fact it's the opposite. The majority of pundits, former players (etc) have all come out in support of Özil and said he should be playing, that he's our best player and we're a better team with him.

MustOezil

I wouldn't bother mate, the last comment about social media said it all for me :lol: He says there's lies and a "Media narrative" against Özil but when both Emery AND Wenger have both come out in the past few days and accused him of lacking motivation and consistency, apparently that isn't "Reasonable analysis" :lol:

There is no media witch hunt, in fact it's the opposite. The majority of pundits, former players (etc) have all come out in support of Özil and said he should be playing, that he's our best player and we're a better team with him.

Of course im biased as an Özil fan, but lets not pretend like everything we read from sky or bbc should be taken as gospel, twisted Wenger interviews included. let's agree to disagree.

Reactions: Jae

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

2u8ar9.png

#influence

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All innocent fun from our Mesut. Definitely not trying to cause trouble or make this season all about him.... Not at all.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery either took the bait, or he is feeling the pressure.

This is a must win for Emery, not so much for Özil

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He simply has to play. I think Emery has him in a good position now as we have must win games tonight, vs Spirs and then United over the coming fortnight. Özil can put himself in the talisman position or bin off in the summer. He must start tonight.

HBL

Established Member
Regardless of the result tonight, we aren't significantly better/worse with or without Özil. I'm sure some people will be trying to tell you otherwise after the game today though, whether we lose/draw/win.

HBL

Established Member
What?
Mesut has been pretty crap this season but we are seriously lacking creativity. Or do you think Guendouzi is going to get a hattrick of assists tonight?
If we are serious about this competition we play Mesut tonight!
Agree that we should play him but it doesn't change the fact that our performances haven't been significantly different with/without him in the side this season. Not sure how Guendouzi is relevant to this, he has been doing a great job recently and is in one of the best passers in the sides. Only Xhaka and Özil ahead of him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Agree that we should play him but it doesn't change the fact that our performances haven't been significantly different with/without him in the side this season. Not sure how Guendouzi is relevant to this, he has been doing a great job recently and is in one of the best passers in the sides. Only Xhaka and Özil ahead of him.
You've misunderstood what I meant. Without Özil, Guendouzi will be the only one creating anything.
Now I love Matteo. Great prospect. And in many games he has been our stand out performer, but we can't rely on him to set up our strikers.
Even if Özil creates one opportunity in the game it will be one more than without him. We were so dire last week and it was pathetic that out of all the bodies that we had on the pitch our youngest player who recently jammed in Ligue 2 was our best creator. That isn't slating Guendouzi, it is praising him.

Jae

You've misunderstood what I meant. Without Özil, Guendouzi will be the only one creating anything.
Now I love Matteo. Great prospect. And in many games he has been our stand out performer, but we can't rely on him to set up our strikers.
Even if Özil creates one opportunity in the game it will be one more than without him. We were so dire last week and it was pathetic that out of all the bodies that we had on the pitch our youngest player who recently jammed in Ligue 2 was our best creator. That isn't slating Guendouzi, it is praising him.

It's a win/win for Emery. He plays him and he plays well, then happy days. If he plays him and he's terrible well then point proven.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If Özil gets to play tonight I think he can shine.

It's a home game, the weather is nice, crap opposition. Checks a lot of boxes for Özil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom