Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

32.1%
  3. Don't know/don't care

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

1 Most attacking midfielders actively create space and advance the ball to a dangerous position for themselves or other attacking players.
    2 Then they will try to play the final pass from there.

3 Özil only wait for service, wait for the right time.
    4 and if he gets it, he will make the assisting pass. If not, he doesn’t look like he has done anything in the match.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I think Özil create a tons of space. He runs a lot and I think he does it cleverly too!

Arsenio Venger likes this.
  3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Özil creates space for his teammates with his off the ball runs. How much dribbling do the likes of De Bruyne and Eriksen do really? They look to drift into pockets of space just like Özil.

4. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

It’s not only about dribbling, but also activity involves in buildups and open up space.
    If you compare their videos as quoted below, you will see he is lacking so much in the first point I have mentioned.
    He is a good lad and a good player, amazing ability on the forth point. But I would prefer another type of midfielder and think our team would be better off with that.
    I just don’t like people making his performance a “masterclass” out of some simple passes.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Jury likes this.
  5. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Only three home games left for Mesut. Hope he can nab a couple of assists and go out on a bang.

Jury likes this.
  6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I know why you do stuff... I've had a long time to study you. Your soul is too pure for AM. You need to cut it with something :p

7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Really don’t love my wife as much as I love Mesut.

Jury, Arsenio Venger and arsenefc like this.
  8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Just seen a stat, Lacazette has scored in just 6 of 37 away games he’s played for this club in the league.

That on top of our consistently poor defence and midfield, I don’t know how you can only always call out Mesut for his away form.

albakos and OSBK like this.
  9. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Next season will be even better. Emery will have had even more time to build the team around him, settle the midfield and fix the winger situation. I honestly can’t wait, it didn’t look like it at first, but Emery and Özil is a match made in heaven. :D

Oh_Snap likes this.
  10. American_Gooner

Embarrassing reach, this.

albakos and say yes like this.
  11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

How? Every week it’s about Özil not performing yet we have a back line always conceding and a striker who has scored only 3 away goals this season.

OSBK likes this.
  12. American_Gooner

It's his sixth season and he's barely had any standout performances away from home. How do you expect a striker to score consistently if the most creative player in the team fails to turn up more often than not?

say yes and Jury like this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Another circular argument from you. Now I can argue how our creators can do anything when having Giroud as the only outlet for 5 years?

Creating chances isn’t a problem anyway, because I have seen Lacazette regularly miss them.

14. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

4 and 4 assists in 10 away starts

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Premier league?

16. American_Gooner

Lol, Özil has assisted Giroud more than any other player outside CR7.
    Not away from home.

say yes likes this.
  17. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

As I mentioned 10 away starts, you'd have to deduce as such, Sherlock.

GDeep™ likes this.
  18. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

26 goals scored and 28 conceded away from home. We know its not the forward line, its the midfield and defence. Özil has not played all away games so whats the excuse for the horrific stat, it will be something Özil related on the training ground or some media made up story. If Özil tracked back more it would still be 26 goals scored and 28 conceeded and still he would get the blame.

krackpot, RacingPhoton and GDeep™ like this.
  19. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

This. Anyone who watched the Everton match could clearly see that our defence and midfield were piss poor. They could not get the ball to attack. Eventually Mesut started going back to get the ball and distribute from there. But that meant Mikhi and Laca were left alone for Everton defenders to deal with and we could not do **** from that position. But still people rush to Özil thread to complain about him. I don't think any player could have done anything from that position.

Toby Andrl and OSBK like this.
  20. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

For the record, nobody is blaming Özil for our sh!t away form. That is a straw man argument.

But if we're looking for factors at play, then his apparent sh!t form--along with many others--is one of them. Mistakes by defenders would be another, crap midfield performers etc etc. Good performances/performers can negate the detrimental stuff on some days. If they don't happen, then the chances of a positive result are diminished. Has Özil part of the problem away from home? Yes, he is. Is it solely his fault? No, it isn't. But he can only do what he can to help, and he hasn't.

krackpot and say yes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.