• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil’s fans always assume that he is very good in attacking.
So whenever he doesn’t perform, they think the problem must be him not committing enough in defending.
But I‘ve never heard any other AM being criticised on that. Not enough defending for iniesta/modric? You don’t have to be a makelele in an AM position, don’t you?

So why is he the most inconsistent/overrated AM on different search engine, forums and video comments?

His involvement in attack is lacking. Other AM actively help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement.
Özil likes to stay away from plays, let his teammates to open up space for him, and just want to get involve the final pass, making the assist.
He waits for the opportunity to come to create for the striker, who are waiting for the opportunity that he created. Whereas I want my team to be 2012 Spain, which every players are heavily involved in play.

ceadsearc

Özil’s fans always assume that he is very good in attacking.
So whenever he doesn’t perform, they think the problem must be him not committing enough in defending.
But I‘ve never heard any other AM being criticised on that. Not enough defending for iniesta/modric? You don’t have to be a makelele in an AM position, don’t you?

So why is he the most inconsistent/overrated AM on different search engine, forums and video comments?

His involvement in attack is lacking. Other AM actively help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement.
Özil likes to stay away from plays, let his teammates to open up space for him, and just want to get involve the final pass, making the assist.
He waits for the opportunity to come to create for the striker, who are waiting for the opportunity that he created. Whereas I want my team to be 2012 Spain, which every players are heavily involved in play.

That’s quite true he can adapt his game to become more involved in the play. However his teammates must be more tuned in to his wavelength so they can do more intricate passing to move the play upwards. I see some combination play between Özil and Ramsey and Özil and Lacazette but with people like Elneny - there is no combination play whatsoever because elneny is too slow/stupid to play off Özil. I think good attacks come from good partnerships and chemistry and if you see how man city attack- the front few are all well versed with each other’s attacking moves so that it’s very fluid and the attack is smooth - there is no time lag and no wastage of time. In Arsenal we take super long to make a pass and very importantly there is no off the ball movement. We need more off the ball movement!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What a guy :drool:
which player won't when he does get paid the same when our team comes 3rd,4th or 5th.

The team has been underperforming because of stupidity of the management team, be it tactics, transfers or other things.Özil was destroying the opposition when he was with Alexis and Cazorla.

He scored an excellent equalizer last time and nobody else stepped up.

In this scenario, it makes sense for guys to do the minimum required, until AFC plays at a level where they feel like they can make a differencev( cl, league run) and where they feel important enough to do that.

Smart decision imo. It's what any sensible person would do, I aspire to be what he is. Absolute idol.
he might be doing a Pogba, subtly. In which case, I'm with him.

The club needs to show more ambition from the top.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
which player won't when he does get paid the same when our team comes 3rd,4th or 5th.

The team has been underperforming because of stupidity of the management team, be it tactics, transfers or other things.Özil was destroying the opposition when he was with Alexis and Cazorla.

He scored an excellent equalizer last time and nobody else stepped up.

In this scenario, it makes sense for guys to do the minimum required, until AFC plays at a level where they feel like they can make a differencev( cl, league run) and where they feel important enough to do that.

he might be doing a Pogba, subtly. In which case, I'm with him.

The club needs to show more ambition from the top.
You’re missing the point mate. If you think he’s most probably given up (I don’t think he has for what it’s worth) then that’s very bad, because he’s not paid to give up in any circumstance.

Whether you’re paid £350 or 350k, you don’t have the right to give up.

You’re sounding like you’d be ok with that and understand why he would, which is treacherous. You’d be siding with a deserter who is paid obscene amounts of cash to kick a ball and live a life of untold luxury and privilege, not a disgruntled, disillusioned soldier.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’ve said this before many times in this thread going back probably a couple of years now, but this player has people so twisted that their efforts to defend him, that they’re actually doing him a massive disservice most of the time, and they’re telling themselves they’re all valid reasons and excuses.

He’s not this type of player, he’s not that type of player, he can’t do this, he can’t do that, he’s not expected to do this he’s not expected to do that, it’s ok, just he’s given up... It’s a sea of cognitive dissonance.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I’ve said this before many times in this thread going back probably a couple of years now, but this player has people so twisted that their efforts to defend him, that they’re actually doing him a massive disservice most of the time, and they’re telling themselves they’re all valid reasons and excuses.

He’s not this type of player, he’s not that type of player, he can’t do this, he can’t do that, he’s not expected to do this he’s not expected to do that, it’s ok, just he’s given up... It’s a sea of cognitive dissonance.

My relationship with Lacazette reminds me
Of yours with Özil a few years ago. You tell people the truth about how he ain’t the one and everyone calls you a troll for it.

Lacazette is basically Özil but a striker version; technically superb but with no physicality and a weak mentality.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My relationship with Lacazette reminds me
Of yours with Özil a few years ago. You tell people the truth about how he ain’t the one and everyone calls you a troll for it.

Lacazette is basically Özil but a striker version; technically superb but with no physicality and a weak mentality.
I’m still a fan. I think the strikers and goalkeeper positions are unique without going too much into it. We might not see the very best of Laca here. We have no wingers and a no.10 who doesn’t seem able to influence games much.

skip spence

You know what. I still miss Cazorla. A part of me still hopes that he will come back again against all hope like the feeing you have with a true love lost.

Özil is a good player but I wouldn’t mind seeing the back of him and I wouldn’t miss him. And yes, I think Santi was the better player.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You know what. I still miss Cazorla. A part of me still hopes that he will come back again against all hope like the feeing you have with a true love lost.

Özil is a good player but I wouldn’t mind seeing the back of him and I wouldn’t miss him. And yes, I think Santi was the better player.

Santi could just do so much more, he could actually tackle people and dribble and he would do more then just look for the right through ball

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You’re missing the point mate. If you think he’s most probably given up (I don’t think he has for what it’s worth) then that’s very bad, because he’s not paid to give up in any circumstance.

Whether you’re paid £350 or 350k, you don’t have the right to give up.

You’re sounding like you’d be ok with that and understand why he would, which is treacherous. You’d be siding with a deserter who is paid obscene amounts of cash to kick a ball and live a life of untold luxury and privilege, not a disgruntled, disillusioned soldier.
Not giving up, but given up on getting anything better than 4th place.

Its a question of the club showing intent on getting more than 4th place and basically forcing everyone to either perform or be binned

He's already inferred that we're not aiming for the league so he's performing as per the requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom