<

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

32.1%
  3. Don't know/don't care

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

He does not fit our team right now and should be sold. But it is blasphemous to call him a bad player.

The guy gets most number of assists in a season with the ****ing Giroud leading the front line and people question his skills? But his skills are more useful in a team which already has a good defense and midfield. If you win the ball at the back and make sure the ball reaches him in the attacking half, you can trust him to make the right final pass

His drop in form for Arsenal coincided exactly when Santi got injured. When Cazorla-Coqueling partnership was shining, this guy was performing at the peak. Once our midfield became too weak, his output dropped. He does not have the physicality to run back and win the ball. But still you cannot question his commitment. He does track back a lot. He just does not have it in him to be put in the hard tackles. This is the limitation we knew he had when we bought him.

The only way to get the best out of him is to build a strong midfield. But Emery's philosophy seems to focus more on wings rather than attacking through the middle. I would still hold on to Özil if his salary is around 200K per week. Given that we don't have much budget and we pretty much have to rebuild the entire defense, wing and midfield he has to be sold to accommodate the new signings.

The reasons I feel he should be sold are because he is not a good fit for Emery's style and we have a poverty budget. But I will never question his skills as a player and his commitment. The time when he was in form, was the last beautiful football I watched from Arsenal and I feel lucky to have had him play for us.

2. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

I’m been a critic of Özil over the past couple of seasons but this simply isn’t true. He used to be a top player who could play away from home and regularly affect matches. He’s a shadow of that now.

Don’t agree with this either. Lacazette works hard defensively, turns up in big games and has what Deeney might call cajones. Can understand your criticism of his physicality (his biggest weakness is that he has no outstanding attribute there) but he’s a clutch player otherwise.

Giroud12 likes this.
  3. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Excellent post that sums up everything about Özil at Arsenal.
    It's too bad that his partnership with Cazorla didn't last longer, and I agree that nobody can say that Özil is not quality, he just doesn't fit here anymore.

Oh_Snap and RacingPhoton like this.
  4. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

its not you Özil...its us.

this is the saddest post ever.

i will miss you.

5. sammy89

sammy89 Well-Known Member

Özil is a streetball player who got a deal. That type of player tends to develop a cult following cause people love seeing players who can casually pull off tricks and flicks, but these streetball players usually can't cut it in team sports. It's shocking he has got this far at the top, previous streetball favourites don't go for too long before getting dumped by top clubs(Robinho, Denilson, Ronaldinho etc). Get rid.

6. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

God, Cazorla is the new Cesc. People bleat on about him and how we miss him blah blah blah

We don't need Cazorla

alboots101 likes this.
  7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This might be the worst post I’ve read on here since the guy who wanted us to sign Jack Rodwell.

8. GOONER1991

GOONER1991 Well-Known Member Trusted

Wow. What a terrible take.

9. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

Yep, that ship has sailed.

10. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You know for those looking at City I think Mesut can adapt to a midfield three like Silva and De Bruyne did. He’s dropping deep nowadays anyway since nobody can get the ball effectively into the final third. His work-rate is good, he won’t win the ball back 10 times in a match but neither does David Silva. As long as be does his job in a three it could work.

I am worried about his contract if we stay a EL club, simply too expensive and you should get three players for his wages. If we get CL I’m not worried.

I know how much you guys love to put the blame on Özil but if I were you I would be much more worried by the lack of technical quality in our team. If it isn’t Mesut passing the ball, the passes are so slow, aimed at the wrong foot, or even completely missing the target. Our players are always standing still playing start/stop football, no supporting runs nothing. We have structural problems that run far deeper than Mesut right now.

11. juice man

juice man Well-Known Member

Prime Cazorla was the best CM in the league hands down. How do we not need that right now?

Ricardinho and Football Manager like this.
  12. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

What’s wrong with Özil’s physique?

13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

People banging on about Cazorla, short memories. Great player but he was getting dominated in games, getting all dizzy against Sp**s and having to be substituted at HT.

krackpot and DanDare like this.
  14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Oh Cazorla, the guy who couldn’t cope with Ryan Mason.

15. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

I love the guy but if you can’t produce week in week out in the EPL you have to be moved on, or build a team around him and I can’t see that happening, what with his age and his relationship with Emery.

16. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Body strength. Do you see him possessing the strength to push down /bully someone and win the ball?

17. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

People need to remember, that Cazorla didn't have his quality worthy partner in the midfield. He was paired with poverty or over the hill footballers. It was easy to marked him out of the game, when his parter was a black hole.

18. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

This is what frustrates me about the criticism of individuals players, including Mustafi, as **** as he has been.

While it may have looked liked they were solved at times, we actually have the same problems as we have had for the last 2/3 seasons.

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

None of our players produce week in week out. Even the manager is hit/miss.

20. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

Everyone and their gran saw this coming when we handed him the fat new extension. Should have sold in January.

Giroud12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.