• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This guy is so over the top it's unreal. After winning the WC and one or two seasons in the EPL he had enough and started phoning it in and we are stuck with him until his contract runs out. I just don't see us getting rid of this leech.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I just find it funny how he suddenly stopped getting sick and having back problems once he was back in the team.

Shows that there was more to them then what meets the eye, especially when it was under Arsène.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I just find it funny how he suddenly stopped getting sick and having back problems once he was back in the team.

Shows that there was more to them then what meets the eye, especially when it was under Arsène.
I'm not so sure. I hear what you are saying but if you look at it these sicknesses seem to hit him at the same time every year. Almost as if he had malaria at some stage in his life and it keeps repeating on him. I know people like this at work and socially too. They are always down with some sickness at a specific time of the year.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm not so sure. I hear what you are saying but if you look at it these sicknesses seem to hit him at the same time every year. Almost as if he had malaria at some stage in his life and it keeps repeating on him. I know people like this at work and socially too. They are always down with some sickness at a specific time of the year.
SAD syndrome perhaps?

'Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that's related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you're like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody.'

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes. Never.
He can’t pull off most of the moves in this video.
This doesn't prove Özil is not technical player, it's just shows that Cazorla was superior in dribbling.
Özil has exceptional first touch which very often puts him in a position where he doesn't need to use dribbling or strength, he deals with the situation before it even becomes a problem.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Come out from Arsenal training he has been nursing a foot injury for quite awhile now .

say yes

forum master baiter
Need a big performance from this guy in Baku with Mkhitaryan and Ramsey out. There’s a good chance it will be his final game for us and (if so) I think it will define how many people remember his time at the club.

The kind of fixture we pay him £350k/week for.

say yes

forum master baiter
Sorry for my ignorance but why do you think this?

I think he’ll be sold before the start of next season.

He’s clearly not worth his salary and given the club’s self professed need to be smart with our limited funds I’m pretty sure we’ll be moving heaven and earth to find a buyer for him this summer.

It’s going to be hard to find a club willing to take him but hopefully this is where Raul’s dodgy contacts come in handy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Need a big performance from this guy in Baku with Mkhitaryan and Ramsey out. There’s a good chance it will be his final game for us and (if so) I think it will define how many people remember his time at the club.

The kind of fixture we pay him £350k/week for.
We need a big performance from everyone, our strikers need to score if they get chances, Kos needs to have a big game etc, the midfield will have a big job.

They are all here for these big moments no matter what wage they are commanding.

say yes

forum master baiter
We need a big performance from everyone, our strikers need to score if they get chances, Kos needs to have a big game etc, the midfield will have a big job.

They are all here for these big moments no matter what wage they are commanding.

Agree up to a point - we’re going to need everyone to show up if we’re to win this.

However the importance of Mesut’s contribution stands out for two reason’s for me:

1. Tactically, the first step to any side beating Chelsea is closing down Jorginho (as Ramsey did so well at the Emirates). This will be Özil’s role in the side now if he starts in the ‘10’ position and its not something he’s used to doing. We’re also going to need him at his creative best given that our two most productive midfielders this season (Mkhi/Ramsey) will both be missing.

2. He’s (allegedly) our best player and star man. You pay players like Mesut ridiculous wages because they turn up when it matters most. Everyone will be watching him (and Hazard for Chelsea) because this is the stage where they’re supposed to thrive. We know they’re both capable of doing it. Time will tell which of them (if any) stands up.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think he’ll be sold before the start of next season.

He’s clearly not worth his salary and given the club’s self professed need to be smart with our limited funds I’m pretty sure we’ll be moving heaven and earth to find a buyer for him this summer.

It’s going to be hard to find a club willing to take him but hopefully this is where Raul’s dodgy contacts come in handy.
Hope you are right. I just can't see anyone taking him after the season he has had. He looks finished in some ways. Partly because of how his own fans view him as well. Although I am not laying the blame with the fans.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What's the likelihood both him and Mkhi are here come next season? I imagine Sanllehi would like both of them off the books, but I don't see us successfully moving both of them on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What's the likelihood both him and Mkhi are here come next season? I imagine Sanllehi would like both of them off the books, but I don't see us successfully moving both of them on.
And even if we do what is the likelihood we replace adequately. That would be 3 senior first team players from the midfield gone. Not sure we'll see such a huge change..

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting because we are about to offer Laca and Auba 250 k each if reports are to be believed.
I'll be glad when this happens.

I'm positively sick of people piling on Özil because of his salary. Hope the arguments in this thread reduce.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Imagine paying Lacazette quarter of a million a week because he’s scored 10 goals in the league this year.

You know, some of the same people who continuously complain about the Özil wage, also explicitly backed Ivan in the summer.

Ivan was a problem and this was one of his many problems.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm positively sick of people piling on Özil because of his salary.
It's not just that though, it's the fact that he held the club to ransom and used Man United's interest to get that salary. He's entitled to do that to get the best deal possible, but he's going to get criticism when he doesn't perform. He made a rod for his own back in that regard.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's not just that though, it's the fact that he held the club to ransom and used Man United's interest to get that salary. He's entitled to do that to get the best deal possible, but he's going to get criticism when he doesn't perform. He made a rod for his own back in that regard.
Held the club to ransom :lol: You mean he played the negotiations game, like every other player in the history of football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom