• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not just that though, it's the fact that he held the club to ransom and used Man United's interest to get that salary. He's entitled to do that to get the best deal possible, but he's going to get criticism when he doesn't perform. He made a rod for his own back in that regard.
true, but he was entering his prime and was hot property.

I do not support this behavior from him, but AFC should afford multiple players like him.

If we keep discussing about a single player on decent wages, we will never win any big prizes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
true, but he was entering his prime and was hot property.

I do not support this behavior from him, but AFC should afford multiple players like him.

If we keep discussing about a single player on decent wages, we will never win any big prizes.
He wasn't really hot property though, only United and possibly Inter wanted him. If he was performing at a good level, nobody would be mentioning his wages but when you do all that to become the highest paid player in the club's history and only manage 2 assists in the league, it's natural that people are going to question you.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No he’s saying Özil should stay.
Yes, he wants him to stay because he’s got a high ceiling. That’s it.

"People can say whatever they want - levelling accusations that he doesn't do it in this game or that game.

The fact is that he is good enough to be doing it in those games...”

Clear acknowledgement that it doesn’t do it enough.

Wrighty... full of **** and hates the club when it suits people :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He wasn't really hot property though, only United and possibly Inter wanted him. If he was performing at a good level, nobody would be mentioning his wages but when you do all that to become the highest paid player in the club's history and only manage 2 assists in the league, it's natural that people are going to question you.
I don't know, mate. I'm generally looking at the whole team and whether he has a good effect. And he does.

You could have KdB who might be more helpful in our formation but he can barely stay fit. You could have Silva who would be a huge flop in any team other than $ity.

Özil, Santi and Alexis was the best thing we had ever since the Invincibles. We were winning and playing beautifully.

This triangle of Özil, Lacazette and Auba could be even better if we get some good players to complement them

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't know, mate. I'm generally looking at the whole team and whether he has a good effect. And he does.

You could have KdB who might be more helpful in our formation but he can barely stay fit. You could have Silva who would be a huge flop in any team other than $ity.

Özil, Santi and Alexis was the best thing we had ever since the Invincibles. We were winning and playing beautifully.

This triangle of Özil, Lacazette and Auba could be even better if we get some good players to complement them

Santi was key. SO pivotal, we have never replaced his brilliance and have suffered accordingly. I used to subscribe to Özil needing better players around him, but great players raise the level of those around them. Have Auba and Laca benefitted from playing with Özil? I'm not convinced. I allude to this because when you think of Wright, Anelka and Henry you can say all produced their best football playing with Bergkamp.

The only striker in the Özil area who can link his best time as a footballer to playing with Özil is Giroud. I'm sick of making excuses for Özil. Our best player talent wise, but I harbour hopes that Zidane may see a use for him and can bring him in after shifting Bale.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he’d have destroyed as many opposition defences as there were nonsensical defences made up by his staunch supporters last season, we’d have won the league.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Anyway, some of them did perform. Some more than some expected.. ahem Auba ahem... Even Iwobi eclipsed him this year :lol: Shocking that our defenders couldn't provide the assists this time, oh how we relied on them for that... Face it, he's had a ****ter, and you'll still get people trying to reason around it or justify it with more nonsense.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Anyway, some of them did perform. Some more than some expected.. ahem Auba ahem... Even Iwobi eclipsed him this year :lol: Shocking that our defenders couldn't provide the assists this time, oh how we relied on them for that... Face it, he's had a ****ter, and you'll still get people trying to reason around it or justify it with more nonsense.
Özil has been crap, who’s arguing otherwise? But the majority of the squad and management under performed this year in the league.

The EL Final gives everyone a chance to salvage this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom