• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-
It’s up to him whether he wants to go now and have some decency or go in 2 years and be as disliked here as he is back in Germany.

I gave a guy in a wheelchair my 5 grams and I walked out. What the hell... I can't even remember how, bar the police getting angry when i was trying to explain I shouldn't have all my drugs....

Yeah this is the ****ing reality we face!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I want him to leave, he’s not been good enough for 2 years now. Wenger almost warned everybody that he’d be less up for it with his retirement from International football, he’s doing the bare minimum to pick up his wages now.

How anybody can sit here and defend Özil after his ‘performances’ last season baffles me, especially his display in the final. The guy is more focussed on his off the field stuff now.

Don’t blame him for collecting his wages, but he’s ruining his reputation and that’s not debatable.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I gave a guy in a wheelchair my 5 grams and I walked out. What the hell... I can't even remember how, bar the police getting angry when i was trying to explain I shouldn't have all my drugs....

Yeah this is the ****ing reality we face!
I asked to get my Gazidis tattoo removed from my thigh last night, the guy misunderstood and done another one on my other thigh!

I want him to leave, he’s not been good enough for 2 years now. Wenger almost warned everybody that he’d be less up for it with his retirement from International football, he’s doing the bare minimum to pick up his wages now.

How anybody can sit here and defend Özil after his ‘peformances’ last season baffles me, especially his display in the final. The guy is more focussed on his off the field stuff now.

Don’t blame him for collecting his wages, but he’s ruining his reputation and that’s not debatable.

Im at same place like you bar I don't think we can get rid. The only beauty I see from now on is more subs like Willock in EL final. In the end I'm hoping it will be worth something. These guys like ESR and Willock can say : "At least we learned something from Mesut ****ing Özil"!

I asked to get my Gazidis tattoo removed from my thigh last night, the guy misunderstood and done another one on my other thigh!

LOL FFS. Similar to me mate. I wanted to to grow my hair back again but with professional help, so I spent once per week with female barber to even out my hair growing and shave my balls!

Gazidis really didn't deserve it.... the guy single handily destroyed my club!

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How anybody can sit here and defend Özil after his ‘peformances’ last season baffles me, especially his display in the final. The guy is more focussed on his off the field stuff now.

Adulation makes people unable to see what's in front of their eyes, probably why man of the Özil ultras look so hard into his stats as a way to defend him. Despite the eye test telling you that his impact on the game is minimal if there's a few stats showing he completed a certain amount of passes in the final third, or that he's actually in the top half for distance covered or the incredibly dubious "chance creation" shows he has a few chances created (regardless of the quality of the chance, I mean it could be putting something on a plate for someone, or passing it 5 yards for someone to have a speculative effort) then they'll all be used to defend him.

It's essentially a mental illness. It was the same thing with Wenger toward the end of his reign, even something that I was guilty of at times where there was so many excuses made for his repeated failings and his many flaws despite all the evidence showing that he was past it and had to leave. It was always someone or something elses fault.

People just need to accept that humans have flaws and in football footballers can decline and their impact can lessen over time and with a player like Özil who has often struggled for consistency anyways it can happen that as he's in his early 30's that he just isn't the same player he was at 24/25.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The Tattoo removers shop that have their show on TV, are only a few minutes walk away from me. I'll give you their address and this could launch you into mainstream. From mandem to mainstream. Incredible.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Tattoo removers shop that have their show on TV, are only a few minutes walk away from me. I'll give you their address and this could launch you into mainstream. From mandem to mainstream. Incredible.
Not sure ‘thigh bloke’ is what I wanna be known as mate.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You work in a team.

The guy who you know is by far and away the top earner calls in sick half the time and just phones in his job when he does bother to turn up. He doesn’t even have the decency to pretend to be interested.

What does that do for your own motivation? Why should you bother to put a decent shift in? Why should any of the team perform at all?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You work in a team.

The guy who you know is by far and away the top earner calls in sick half the time and just phones in his job when he does bother to turn up. He doesn’t even have the decency to pretend to be interested.

What does that do for your own motivation? Why should you bother to put a decent shift in? Why should any of the team perform at all?
And when you look at how people turned on Alexis based on rumour of a rift, despite posting good numbers in what was a poor season by his own sensational standards. Can you imagine if it was him stuck here on 350k a week, playing like crap, threatening to try and out-last a manager and see out his contract as an unused sub? This situation should make Alexis look like a saint.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You work in a team.

The club should facilitate a move for him then? Maybe pay his contract off, this is their doing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Again, you’re asking for a lot if you want him to walk away from 350K a weeks. Even if he can get 200k a week elsewhere, you’re asking a footballer whose real earning power is 4-6 years, to take a hit that’s worth millions.

Totally unreasonable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
And when you look at how people turned on Alexis based on rumour of a rift, despite posting good numbers in what was a poor season by his own sensational standards. Can you imagine if it was him stuck here on 350k a week, playing like crap, threatening to try and out-last a manager and see out his contract as an unused sub? This situation should make Alexis look like a saint.
Özil hasn’t threatened to out last anyone, it’s speculation from the rags. He won’t be an unused sub either, with what our summer is looking like I think he’ll play a lot next season.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
no need to imagine - just check in to RedCafe

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Not just that, even if Emery goes during or after this season, Özil will have 1 year left. No way in hell the club give him a new deal anywhere near his wages. Whether the manager changes or not, Özil is gone for good in 2 years.

It’s up to him whether he wants to go now and have some decency or go in 2 years and be as disliked here as he is back in Germany.
He can take a pay cut, and we can pay some of his wage. Just **** off to China or US and A.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
no need to imagine - just check in to RedCafe
I guess the love affair is over on Redcafe, then :lol: Not sure what Alexis is supposed to do there. He's been there for just over a season. Things could well change for him. My guess is he'll be fully wound up to make a go of it next season, and will in the end, be backed by the manager to do so. One thing I'm confident of, is he wont run his contract down just because it's his last big one.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing I'm confident of, is he wont run his contract down just because it's his last big one.
He’s doing it now. There were reports Utd will pay him off to leave.

He’s not walking away from 350K a week, nobody is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom