• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ok, I hope the sh!thouse falls into a hole, never to be seen again. There you go.
Disgusting to say when he’s already attacked multiple times by thugs in the last few weeks. Have some human empathy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Disgusting to say when he’s already attacked multiple times by thugs in the last few weeks. Have some human empathy.
Have some human empathy, you say? You know how much I've pissed up the wall trying to have him taken out? KMT...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why do we have a new Özil thread when we discuss the same player in the same way as in the old one? Liked that we got to (corrected) +1,000 pages (we are spending way too much time on this topic) and still were having more or less the same arguments.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
may not be the best time to make online threats about Özil - Special Branch are probably monitoring A-M;)
I've not read the latest, but it all seems quite odd. How is he being intimidated or threatened? I feel something is being blown out of proportion. Real criminals with real intentions don't let you know they're coming. Maybe police had a tip-off.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why do we have a new Özil thread when we discuss the same player in the same way as in the old one? Liked that we got to (corrected) +1,000 pages (we are spending way too much time on this topic) and still were having more or less the same arguments.
@American_Gooner redirected the thread. Probably a good thing, seeing as we wont be seeing him play for the foreseeable!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I've not read the latest, but it all seems quite odd. How is he being intimidated or threatened? I feel something is being blown out of proportion. Real criminals with real intentions don't let you know they're coming. Maybe police had a tip-off.
death threats is my guess, aimed at the wives rather than the players, which is why they won't want to leave them alone at the moment

but who knows? could be a political element as they are Muslims, and Kola in particular comes from a country with a very troubled history - the far right in Germany would presumably see both of them as worthy targets

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
New season, new Özil - I am confident he will show why he was once labelled the best number 10 in the world this year.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
death threats is my guess, aimed at the wives rather than the players, which is why they won't want to leave them alone at the moment

but who knows? could be a political element as they are Muslims, and Kola in particular comes from a country with a very troubled history - the far right in Germany would presumably see both of them as worthy targets
I feel if anything, it's the political stuff. People seeking the only thing worth anything--financial gain--wont be shaking up wives or girlfriends. Mess around with people with the sort of money Özil has, and you'll get caught. I bet he's a lot calmer than the press are making out.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I feel if anything, it's the political stuff. People seeking the only thing worth anything--financial gain--wont be shaking up wives or girlfriends. Mess around with people with the sort of money Özil has, and you'll get caught. I bet he's a lot calmer than the press are making out.
my guess is the wives don't want to be alone at night, and unfortunately Newcastle is the longest away trip - which might mean this is a one off

Divided_Pie

My hope is that he and Emery have gotten on the same page will be able to strike a good compromise for the benefit of the team's success.

Özil is a creative, instinctive player who works best when he's given the freedom to move around in order to find space to work and weaknesses to exploit. Too much structure and responsibility limits his ability to influence a game.

Emery prefers to have a lot of control in terms of positioning, buildup, and attacking approach. He likes players who are willing to execute within a clear framework. He prefers to attack by overloading the wide spaces rather than through the middle.

Whether you think Özil wasn't performing due to work ethic or diminished abilities, or you think Emery set him up for failure by holding him out of games or not playing him to his strengths, clearly there was a mismatch last year between player and coach.

If both men are willing to compromise their approaches I think this could be a great year for Özil. He will need to focus more on executing Emery's tactics in order to win the coach's trust, and Emery will need to create flexibility within his attacking framework so that Özil can more fully express himself on the pitch and unlock his unique talents.

The good news in preseason is that 1) Özil is fit, 2) They appear have a positive and respectful demeanor towards each other on the pitch and in the press, 3) There is pace, movement, and goalscoring in abundance to complement Özil's playmaking, and 4) Emery played the team in a 4-2-3-1 throughout the preseason with Özil (mostly) in the central #10 role, switching to a 4-4-2 defensively. Formations don't mean everything but this is at least a good starting point in terms of setting the player up for success.

say yes

forum master baiter
Honest expectations for him this season?
I hope he’ll get back to his creative best- our attack with a fully firing Özil would be unstoppable.

However, he’s been rubbish for two seasons now and my “honest expectation” is that we’re in for more of the same.

Used to be my favourite player at the club so I really do hope I’m wrong, but he’s just lost it imo.

KingHenry14

I hope he’ll get back to his creative best- our attack with a fully firing Özil would be unstoppable.

However, he’s been rubbish for two seasons now and my “honest expectation” is that we’re in for more of the same.

Used to be my favourite player at the club so I really do hope I’m wrong, but he’s just lost it imo.

Özil has never been the player to carry a team on his back. He has always relied heavily on the players around him to allow him freedom to play his game.

He will always look poor in a poor side unfortunately.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Özil has never been the player to carry a team on his back. He has always relied heavily on the players around him to allow him freedom to play his game.

Well it’s starting to look like we won’t have a poor side so he’s gonna have to earn his keep.

He really should be our best player but being generous I’d say he has to rank in our top four performers come end of the season. Anything less and it means he’s just done, I hope that’s not the case.

Chaoz_Enigma

What is mayor Khan doing?!?! Mesut and Sead getting more "incidents". Its not a good advert for us to attract players if they don't feel safe.

Divided_Pie

This is absolutely true. However, the good thing about Özil is his influence will scale with the quality of the talent around him. His value is in bringing out the best in everyone else - the higher the ceilings of his teammates, the more influence Özil will have. Can't wait to see what he and Pepe can do for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom